'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Unless DBeck has some serious gifts like Henry, I just don't see him thriving at RB. I think his future is elsewhere. With hsi size and speed he would be a nightmare at WR...

We would like for him to be naturally gifted like Henry but few are. The point of using him as a RB would be to complement CJP and Chaney's offense as a power back. If he can fall forward/press the DL for a consistent 4 yard gain then we could be a lot more dynamic. Instead of having to throw it on 3rd & 4, we can just pound it for a first down. Countless times we have Chandler/Gray get stuff on 3rd and short.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
We would like for him to be naturally gifted like Henry but few are. The point of using him as a RB would be to complement CJP and Chaney's offense as a power back. If he can fall forward/press the DL for a consistent 4 yard gain then we could be a lot more dynamic. Instead of having to throw it on 3rd & 4, we can just pound it for a first down. Countless times we have Chandler/Gray get stuff on 3rd and short.
I get what you're saying but if 6'5", 220lbs are accurate measurements, that just doesn't scream power back to me. For the abuse a 'power back' tends to receive, that's awful lean.

Reactions: walkenvol and dcm3w
I get what you're saying but if 6'5", 220lbs are accurate measurements, that just doesn't scream power back to me. For the abuse a 'power back' tends to receive, that's awful lean.

Depends on how he carries it. We're also assuming that is reporting "camp" weight. I'm not disagreeing with you though and he's more than likely on the leaner side as FR.

Well we have that back on the roster, but both of them are playing linebacker.

I think he's closer to 235 than he is 220. He's built thick in his legs and would run in a style very similar to Derrick Henry's, not saying he'd be that good but that's his style. The problem with him at RB is that I don't think he's ever played RB much and I know he's NEVER had to pass protect for his HS team so he'd definitely be suspect there. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him in some short yardage situations. We haven't spoken with them any to know what is going on. Hoping we see more of him the rest of the way out. FWIW I don't ever see him getting up to 250+ lbs as long as he's still playing basketball.

On another note, Saturday was the 1st time we lined up all season in the wildcat and surprising to me with Gray at wild cat QB. We had to call time out and Pruitt chewed someone out on the sideline, I wonder if someone maybe 6'5 230 lbs was supposed to be in instead, I doubt it but it would have been a good time to try him. Gray scored easily on a handoff after the timeout.

I think he's closer to 235 than he is 220. He's built thick in his legs and would run in a style very similar to Derrick Henry's, not saying he'd be that good but that's his style. The problem with him at RB is that I don't think he's ever played RB much and I know he's NEVER had to pass protect for his HS team so he'd definitely be suspect there. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him in some short yardage situations. We haven't spoken with them any to know what is going on. Hoping we see more of him the rest of the way out. FWIW I don't ever see him getting up to 250+ lbs as long as he's still playing basketball.

On another note, Saturday was the 1st time we lined up all season in the wildcat and surprising to me with Gray at wild cat QB. We had to call time out and Pruitt chewed someone out on the sideline, I wonder if someone maybe 6'5 230 lbs was supposed to be in instead, I doubt it but it would have been a good time to try him. Gray scored easily on a handoff after the timeout.
Beckwith ran the ball a lot from the wildcat.

VN Store

Back