BIG match tonight for Lady Vol Soccer!

StrangeVol

Our side will take on #9 South Carolina to decide who wins the SEC East and secures the #2 seed in the Fall SEC tournament. If that isn't enough, it's also Senior Night honoring our two graduating Seniors, Wrenne French and Erin Gilroy. It's really hard to say goodbye to these two. They've been mainstays during their tenure and WILL be missed. It's a shame that Erin was so severly injured and then hampered long after her somewhat limited recovery.

The match will be televised beginning at 6:00 on SECN+ with a single camera and local narration, far less than the match deserves. I guess that it is assumed (not totally unwarranted) that #9 South Carolina will win, but there is no argument that this is an important match, and coverage should be much more robust, imo.

A couple of other items of note: (1) Jaida Thomas was named SEC freshman of the week for the second time this season, and (2) Claudia Dipasupil was named to Top Drawer Soccer's "Team of the Week" after her superlative play against Florida. Makes me smile for both girls.

Last edited:
We will hope for the best. The only way I see of winning is to be really aggressive. The goalie situation means if we let them stay on our end most of the time they will eventually pile up the goals. Go for it! If we go down go out firing, sitting in a shell hoping a limited goalie will hold them is not the game plan tonight. Let's do it!!

Reactions: StrangeVol
Our side will take on #9 South Carolina to decide who wins the SEC East and secures the #2 seed in the Fall SEC tournament. If that isn't enough, it's also Senior Night honoring our two graduating Seniors, Wrenne French and Erin Gilroy. It's really hard to say goodbye to these two. They've been mainstays during their tenure and WILL be missed. It's a shame that Erin was so severly injured and then hampered long after her some what limited recovery.

The match will be televised beginning at 6:00 on SECN+ with a single camera and local narration, far less than the match deserves. I guess that it is assumed (not totally unwarrented) that #9 South Carolina will win, but there is no arguement that this is an important match and coverage should be much more robust, imo.

A couple of other items of note: (1) Jaida Thomas was named SEC freshman of the week for the second time this season, and (2) Claudia Dipasupil was named to Top Drawer Soccer's "Team of the Week" after her superlative play against Florida. Makes me smile for both girls.
Am i correct that the soccer and volleyball players get an extra year of eligibility as well?

Wow. It seems to me like the season only started a couple of weeks ago, so the seniors are probably in just as much disbelief that it's almost over. Hopefully they can finish on a high and bring home some hardware!

Reactions: StrangeVol
Yes. All fall sports as per initial release last summer. The issue for many will be financial. Possibly have an extra 6-10 football players, plus soccer and cross country. For some of the really strapped schools those extra schollys may be an issue.

Didn’t realize a tie is basically a win for them so they start with an advantage. Lighting and video not great. Romig with a miss kick maybe that is out of her system.

What a fitting conclusion to Wrenn French's career to score the winning goal to secure the SEC East Divisional title! First Divisional title since Pensky has been here, which is kinda sad if you think about it too long. Great team win, I'm thrilled for our young ladies who showed a ton of heart tonight! :)

I guess I’m crazy I thought they kept saying the sec tournament would be in the spring? But it is coming up in the next week. Must have been hearing something else.

What a fitting conclusion to Wrenn French's career to score the winning goal to secure the SEC East Divisional title! First Divisional title since Pensky has been here, which is kinda sad if you think about it too long. Great team win, I'm thrilled for our young ladies who showed a ton of heart tonight! :)

Just to clear something up, yes this is Pensky's 9th season coaching but it's only the third time since he's been here you could win a divisional title. They did away with it in the 2013 season and brought it back last season (no explanation I've seen as to why). 2012 Tennessee finished second in the East, 2019 finished 3rd in the East.

Wait... Whaaaat? I’ve been so immersed in national and global politics today that I completely missed the huge win tonight! What a way to top off my week. CONGRATS, Lady Vols soccer!

Wait... Whaaaat? I’ve been so immersed in national and global politics today that I completely missed the huge win tonight! What a way to top off my week. CONGRATS, Lady Vols soccer!

There's a lot worth celebrating tonight. For one, there's the Lady Vols Soccer Eastern Division Championship, among others. ;)

Reactions: 10takum

VN Store

Back