Vols basketball team has tracing wearables to monitor COVID-19

Well if it's something you wear, what good is it if guys can remove it? Do YOU want to be monitored every minute? I doubt it. Give an inch, give up a foot.

I’m not a D1 basketball player who has aspirations of making money playing basketball. Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer need a season to showcase their talents, and I’m guessing they will do what it takes to make the schedule work. It’s not all bad.

That’s on him for reporting it incorrectly. It’s on us for reacting too quickly and immediately freaking out over it. That’s all everyone cares about anymore is reacting to things

Wait

You expect us to know which Media story is telling the truth and which one is inaccurate?

If so ....

Oh stop. Like you have any room to be calling someone out for “jumping to conclusions”

I actually think this tread did a great job of not jumping to conclusions.

I saw the responses saying if the report was actuate being a chip inserted it was too much For us to accept and if it was only something worn then it was ok.

But then again you are suggesting we should have known a media person was wrong.

Reactions: Pacer92

I saw the responses saying if the report was actuate being a chip inserted it was too much For us to accept and if it was only something worn then it was ok.

But then again you are suggesting we should have known a media person was wrong.
Some were just automatically tripping out, is what I referred to. I also said if it were completely true that they were implanted then there would be room for legitimate concern. I’m also fully aware that 90% or greater of media is a crock of horse 💩

Perhaps actually reading the article would have educated some of us. Not to mention the absurdity of it all. If people in this country are going to be mirco-chipped, it isn't going to start in Knoxville, TN with a Rick Barnes coached basketball team. At some level, we have to have some self awareness of the situation.

Reactions: VOLinPD and Vol49er
Perhaps actually reading the article would have educated some of us. Not to mention the absurdity of it all. If people in this country are going to be mirco-chipped, it isn't going to start in Knoxville, TN with a Rick Barnes coached basketball team. At some level, we have to have some self awareness of the situation.
There’s zero self awareness around this joint

That's what the deep state wants you to think

Well reading the article and watching the broadcast that was attached was exactly what cause the “outrage” due to the absurdity of the report.

And again a Knoxville tv media member needs to be help accountable for the accuracy of their reporting

Well reading the article and watching the broadcast that was attached was exactly what cause the “outrage” due to the absurdity of the report.

And again a Knoxville tv media member needs to be help accountable for the accuracy of their reporting

Correct. The television news report and the article don’t exactly align. Someone needs to clarify and correct.

Fairly common practice to take a sports anchor for his word.

Reactions: BruinVol
To OP's credit, the story was botched to begin with. I guess the football team's performance was rubbing off on the reporter.

Correct. The television news report and the article don’t exactly align. Someone needs to clarify and correct.

Fairly common practice to take a sports anchor for his word.
I just can't imagine what was going through their heads when they decided to report it that way. How do you not scrutinize that detail before publishing?

I just can't imagine what was going through their heads when they decided to report it that way. How do you not scrutinize that detail before publishing?
"Scrutinize details before your publish" 🤣🤣🤣 What is this 1990? The media gave up that outdated practice decades ago. Don't live in the past man. Hear it, spin it if you don't like what you hear, publish it. Repeat. This is the way...

"Scrutinize details before your publish" 🤣🤣🤣 What is this 1990? The media gave up that outdated practice decades ago. Don't live in the past man. Hear it, spin it if you don't like what you hear, publish it. Repeat. This is the way...
I can't take these kinds of comments seriously. There's a line between reasonable questioning and playing the fake news card to the point that you selectively ignore/give credit to media sources based on your own opinions.

This example was just amateur hour.

Reactions: Vol49er
Really smart of the SEC to embrace this technology, as it helps protect members of all the teams by allowing really quick contact tracing, and the devices are worn, not implanted. Beyond the obvious protection of people who may be at-risk, the league is also protecting itself financially, as game cancellations mean more lost revenue. This is an incredibly easy solution.
If the general public were able to widely use similar technology the country would be in much better shape. We have to understand WHERE the Virus is before effectively fighting it, until vaccines are widely available.
Can any of you imagine what this Pandemic would be like if this virus were more deadly, like Ebola? Right now there would be MILLIONS dead just in the US. Diseases don't care what party we support, or how free or enslaved we might feel. It just infects us, and then does its thing. You've got to stop it by any means available. The Black Plague killed an estimated 50 million in Europe in the 1300's, or 60% of their entire population. I can live with a little inconvenience to keep my family safe...
Yes, your post is great. To somehow think the government is plotting against our freedoms is pretty silly. But, there are those who believe that. I'm glad we have these safeguards, and am thankful for those who fight this battle on the Covid floors. I'm thankful for you.

I can't take these kinds of comments seriously. There's a line between reasonable questioning and playing the fake news card to the point that you selectively ignore/give credit to media sources based on your own opinions.

This example was just amateur hour.
If you want to think that news is still presented the way it was in the past then that is your prerogative. Vetting the accuracy of info is not common place these days. And the presentation of info is absolutely done with imbalance. I am far from a conspiracy theory, fake news bunker builder. But I have made a conscious decision to spend none of my time or energy on standard new reporting. To each their own. Will say I was a little surprised that the hyperbole in my post was not more evident.

I for one (and I guess the only one) would not be "chipped". That is a blatant invasion of my privacy and I would not allow it. If it meant no play, then so be it. We as individuals need to say enough is enough. C-19 and it's health fear mongers who are making money by reporting the effects of C-10 the way they are. (total number of cases from the start verses total number recovered, not active cases and what % of ICU beds are available, does this include beds being used for all types of needs or just beds that are available for C-19 They will not dictate or would not dictate to me. I know it would be "cutting my nose off to spite my face" but that's the way I feel.
It includes beds for all ICU needs....pretty easy to figure that out. No one is trying to tell you what to do, but this is real, especially if you've had someone close to you affected. I'm thankful to the docs and nurses on the front lines.

Well if it's something you wear, what good is it if guys can remove it? Do YOU want to be monitored every minute? I doubt it. Give an inch, give up a foot.
Yeah I thought the same thing. All statements still apply whether it’s implanted or worn. Obviously wearing may SEEM better but it achieves the same purpose and I’m not one for making overly definitive statements but it’s worn today and tomorrow it’s inserted.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
If you want to think that news is still presented the way it was in the past then that is your prerogative. Vetting the accuracy of info is not common place these days. And the presentation of info is absolutely done with imbalance. I am far from a conspiracy theory, fake news bunker builder. But I have made a conscious decision to spend none of my time or energy on standard new reporting. To each their own. Will say I was a little surprised that the hyperbole in my post was not more evident.
You and I are on the same page. There are so many people who would say what you said with no hyperbole. I probably give the media, in general, a little more credit than the others like us who aren't afraid to question things. I think it's equally as dangerous to instantly discredit the media as it is to take their word as the gospel. We probably agree more than you think. We also probably agree that there's no excuse for this blunder.

Just to play devil's advocate, what if the bball rep had told the reporter that it was "microchip" or "implant" either mistakenly or for some other reason? In any case, poor execution.

Reactions: therickbol

VN Store

Back