'22 LA OT Will Campbell

Four-star Will Campbell is a big, athletic offensive tackle who can move out in space. The 6-foot-6, 285-pound lineman has never visited Tennessee but that will likely change when the in-person recruiting restrictions are lifted by the NCAA. He’s also a guy who can ‘flip the switch’ when he steps onto the football field. “I’m a teddy bear off the field,” Campbell laughed. “But I show no mercy on the field and I’m going to drive the other guy as far as I can. I’m vocal out there and I’m sure to let the other team know I’m there. I don’t care if they punch me. Anything they do, I just laugh. “I really turn into a different person out there.” That’s the mindset coaches want in the trenches and it’s part of the reason why Tennessee and nearly 40 other programs are eyeing for the services of the Rivals Top-100 player.
“I see a great program with great coaches,” Campbell said of the Vols. “The team is coming back and are playing great this year. The program might have had a few down years, but that’s football – it happens. “I feel like they are really going to make a run for it in the next few years. It would be neat to be a part of that. Campbell speaks with Volunteer coaches frequently but stays in contact with student-assistant Tanner Antonutti just about every day. “He’s always texting and calling me. We talk all the time,” the offensive tackle said of Antonutti. “We have a good relationship. Tennessee likes how I play and how I finish blocks. They like my get-off and my athletic ability.”
Campbell released a top-12 back in August that featured the Vols along with Florida, Georgia, TCU, Texas, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida State and Oklahoma. Though a commitment is not in the near future, the four-star hopes to take some time and narrow down that list soon. “The season is going well right now. I’m playing both ways at both defensive tackle and defensive end a whole lot,” the Monroe, La. native said. “We had a tough loss early on in four overtimes but other big games are coming up on the schedule. We are paying pretty well, but we need to put everything together and keep getting better. “I’ve started off pretty well, but I know there’s always room for improvement.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back