Lady Vols hit the Court first day of practice.

Well don't talk to Darth!!! He says Kellie's recruiting has been a huge disappointment,..Before they bounce the first ball!!
Yes they both seem very confident and i love it . Kellie may have struck gold by bringing in a GT PG . Someone who has been there before and can hopefully handle the pressure at on the big stage ! Im for one am more impressed then what i thought this team would look like so far. Not making a judgement yet though !

Random comment here. I wish Kellie would immediately begin a “run 5 suicides for every layup shot with the wrong hand” system to break everyone from doing that. If a player is driving toward the left side of the basket, they’d darn well better shoot the layup with their left hand. If they’d do that they’d be far less likely to be blocked, and far MORE likely to be able to make the shot even if there’s contact on the inside.

I've noticed a number of players with big hands are using almost a hook layup higher off the backboard with the appropriate hand to reduce the shot from being blocked. obviously to succeed one must have more than one option when driving.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
a player insight into the practice saw Marta hit a couple of 3's & Tess was also @ practice

A fun video intro to the LVs! Alright Kasi looking spry & Rennia has leader written all over.
Jaiden & Marta 😍
Destiny talkin' about bringing the smoke & Walker alongside ain't backing down to no one!
Looking forward to this season because there's so much to look forward to. I have a good feeling about this team. And I can't stress this enough, Rennia is ready to ball. GoLadyVols 😊

A fun video intro to the LVs! Alright Kasi looking spry & Rennia has leader written all over.
Jaiden & Marta 😍
Destiny talkin' about bringing the smoke & Walker alongside ain't backing down to no one!
Looking forward to this season because there's so much to look forward to. I have a good feeling about this team. And I can't stress this enough, Rennia is ready to ball. GoLadyVols 😊
36 more days😩 ......waiting for uniforms does anybody know whats the hold up most teams completed Media Day with Team Pics??? is The Baby Blue making a comeback??

Last edited:
Any word to other practices. I read a great article on Kasi off-season the weight she has dropped and overall conditioning and strength level she has committed to . This is what has held her back. Bodes well to the team success this year

Many are talking about Keyen as a starter but don't count out KK and Tamari playing at the same time.

I'd be curious if a couple of special sets could be designed to accommodate the five players on the floor being Rennia, whichever point guard -- or even Rae -- is playing well, and then Keyen, Kasi and Tamari. :eek: I believe Keyen has enough foot-speed to cut through the lane and cause problems for the defense with all three bigs near the basket at the same time.

Kellie's most devastating recruiting loss by far. We're having completely different conversations right now about Harper as a recruiter and the future of the program if she would have committed...
It will be alright Darth.

I guess we will just disagree. Burrell’s strength last year to me was her quickness and fitness. She looks trimmer to you? And slimmer and she would disappear...lol.

Her quickness and fitness wasn’t the problem, it was her decision making, so hopefully her mind is what is quicker.
It's got to be a lot quicker than Jarrett
Guarantano's.

In all seriousness, I hope Emily gets
some playing time this year. Hate to
see it evolve like the quarterback situation
on the football team. Really a shame for
the other 3 quarterbacks.

I guess we will just disagree. Burrell’s strength last year to me was her quickness and fitness. She looks trimmer to you? And slimmer and she would disappear...lol.

Her quickness and fitness wasn’t the problem, it was her decision making, so hopefully her mind is what is quicker.

It was partially decision making,,,more so, it was unbridled aggression...the right words will turn her into something special

VN Store

Back