WCB Newcomer Impact 20-21 szn

says in the article Keyen will fill in the hole of Lou Brown's departure. The thing is Keyen doesnt have a 3 point shot while Lou does. If we put Keyen on the floor with Tamari idk I feel like there are gonna be spacing issues. Other teams might take advantage of having 2 players on the floor who arent a threat behind the arc.

Reactions: 37620VOL
says in the article Keyen will fill in the hole of Lou Brown's departure. The thing is Keyen doesnt have a 3 point shot while Lou does. If we put Keyen on the floor with Tamari idk I feel like there are gonna be spacing issues. Other teams might take advantage of having 2 players on the floor who arent a threat behind the arc.
Let’s be real about it.

Lou was a slight threat that had a couple of hot games but she did only shoot 32.8%.

Tennessee had several players on the floor that struggled from three at the same time.

Davis at 29.6%
Burrell at 32.8%
Horston at 30.0%

And those were the best shooters outside of Rennie who was limited in minutes last season. She was great when she was on the floor at 46.3%

Tennessee needs to see improvements from them and some good shooting from the newcomers that see minutes.

Depends on her shooting range. Even if she doesn't have a 3 pt shot, hopefully she has a consistent mid-range spot to open up the floor a bit (haven't seen her play, so hopefully that's the case!)

Reactions: mcannon1
Let’s be real about it.

Tennessee had several players on the floor that struggled from three at the same time.

Davis at 29.6%
Burrell at 32.8%
Horston at 30.0%

And those were the best shooters outside of Rennie who was limited in minutes last season. She was great when she was on the floor at 46.3%

Tennessee needs to see improvements from them and some good shooting from the newcomers that see minutes.

Can't speak for the others, but teams aren't gonna sag off Rennia because she shoots 29.6% from deep. She shot 37% the previous year and has deep, deep range.

Love Lou her basketball IQ on the floor but she was a liability due to her health with her bad knee way to may times she just fell to the floor in traffic because of this issue. K Green will bring a physical toughness around the rim and ability to play D. It is good to hear that she has ability to run with are guards so again she will make a huge difference for this team. I am surprised Walker was not in the list I hear she is doing outstanding in practice and will add great depth to guard position. In CHRST Alone.

Love Lou her basketball IQ on the floor but she was a liability due to her health with her bad knee way to may times she just fell to the floor in traffic because of this issue. K Green will bring a physical toughness around the rim and ability to play D. It is good to hear that she has ability to run with are guards so again she will make a huge difference for this team. I am surprised Walker was not in the list I hear she is doing outstanding in practice and will add great depth to guard position. In CHRST Alone.

surprised as well and she was a highly touted GT transfer when coaches like Kim Mulkey wanted you.

Praying for good health to all our Lady Vols🙏

Reactions: Benionsopinion
surprised as well and she was a highly touted GT transfer when coaches like Kim Mulkey wanted you.

Praying for good health to all our Lady Vols🙏
I'm skeptical when it comes to mid major grad transfers. I keep thinking back to the girl UConn got last year who averaged something like 19 pts, 11 rbds at her old school, and barely played on a team that had no PF.

Kim may have wanted Walker, but was it for depth or did she see her playing a major role? Until we see how Keyen/Jordan W. play against the increased level of competition, it's hard to gauge their impact on the team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'm skeptical when it comes to mid major grad transfers. I keep thinking back to the girl UConn got last year who averaged something like 19 pts, 11 rbds at her old school, and barely played on a team that had no PF.

Kim may have wanted Walker, but was it for depth or did she see her playing a major role? Until we see how Keyen/Jordan W. play against the increased level of competition, it's hard to gauge their impact on the team.
name?

As a mature post player, which I believe she is, I would expect her to be comfortable shooting a very good percentage from 10 feet in using a variety of moves to get open. I mean, that is what they should be developed to do....right? If she can hit from the foul line, there will be a lot of points to be had there as well. I think a big body to go with Tamari and Emily is nothing but goodness. We have some quality depth inside this year and some shooters to go with them. I don't remember our team being this deep in a long time.

Keyen and Tamari will likely play a lot together. We really don’t need her to shoot the 3. If 1-3 are proficient from deep Keyen can make a living from the high post. That is an area we have been weak for some time. That’s a great zone buster if you have a big that can hit the elbow J or take someone off the bounce. Plus, any high low game we get with her and Tamari will be more than we’ve gotten for years. Also puts Keyen in prime o-board position moving toward the basket. I have a feeling we’re going to see some great things from her.

I would argue that we’d have gotten far more out of Lou if she could have played on the block a bit. She really wasn’t cut out to bang in the post and TBH that’s a waste of 6’3” with a strong frame. She didn’t have the handles to take a defender to the hole so her offensive game was a bit one dimensional. Her 3 point shot was nice but it was more of sporadic blessing than a consistent threat. Lou brought a lot of leadership and some tough defense from time to time. I believe Keyen will bring a bit more basketball skill.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back