Coach Garrett Medenwald Shoots CrossBow in Subdivision

I don't know if you watch a lot of videos online or not, but typically, if someone is demonstrating something dangerous, they will explain how it's a safe and controlled environment. I'm not suggesting that anyone is obligated to disclose as much, but the absence of any of that in this video makes me think it's a valid concern.

I don't want to bash on anyone in the bball program, especially someone who has more than proven their worth, but these videos are stupid AF to begin with -not even considering potential dangers. That's just me complaining with my personal opinion, but I do objectively think this video deserves some criticism.
Fair enough. I don't.

I can't imagine the thought of this being any sort of issue before social media. Twitter, Facebook, and the like have really increased the marshmallow-soft people of this world. This is a non-story. I agree these type videos are a little silly to begin with, but I think trying to make the idea a criminal act is infinitely sillier.

OP obviously has a personal bone to pick and is trying to create an issue here. Produce someone with an arrow sticking out of a body part or keep your personal disputes personal!

Fair enough. I don't.

I can't imagine the thought of this being any sort of issue before social media. Twitter, Facebook, and the like have really increased the marshmallow-soft people of this world. This is a non-story. I agree these type videos are a little silly to begin with, but I think trying to make the idea a criminal act is infinitely sillier.
Well, very true. I just like to argue sometimes haha. It really is a non-story.

Reactions: cncchris33
Fair enough. I don't.

Buttttt, you do have the factor of the crazy wildfires started from one of these stunts that really underscores the necessity of caution. If that hadn't happened, perhaps this video would have less scrutiny.

#debateteam

Reactions: cncchris33
I shoot my bow all the time in my neighborhood but then again I’m always shooting downward with target on the ground in safe direction. Hard to know the angle but he was definitely shooting at an angle slightly up.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I shoot my bow all the time in my neighborhood but then again I’m always shooting downward with target on the ground in safe direction. Hard to know the angle but he was definitely shooting at an angle slightly up.

He didn't say neighborhood. He said "densely populated subdivision". This obviously makes it a problem.

If it was dangerous in any way, I’m pretty sure somebody in that large crowd would’ve said something. I doubt they’d want to be witnesses to a homicide

This is a densely populated subdivision, not a neigborhood. Do you think people also discharge firearms in a packed subdivision for practice as well? I've never seen anybody do this in a subdivision.

That was a high powered crossbow to go from Knoxville to Ft. Walton

There is clearly some kind of structure at the end of the driveway that could constitute a backstop. Actor queen didn’t offer any proof that this was unsafe.

OP- you seriously made this thread? Must be on the HOA board or neighborhood watch . Way to try to ruin a happy moment.

Not good, arrows can make strange moves once they hit an object. I've seen them make almost right angle deflections after hitting a twig in a tree. Very dangerous to shoot up in the air like that too.

OP, please re-attach your bubble wrap suit, put back on your "i don't want to see anything other than my reality" blinders and crawl back into your bomb shelter basement. Then maybe you will feel better.

He didn't say neighborhood. He said "densely populated subdivision". This obviously makes it a problem.
Every one of the houses in my neighborhood have 1/4 acre lots so I guess that’s densely populated . To shoot 30 yards I have to stand on the sidewalk

Is there a way to block people’s post so that I don’t stumble across them at 4AM, and can’t stop reading the thread because I can’t understand how anyone would have that take on the whole thing?

VN Store

Back