'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Kirby took over a 10 win team.

Even though Pruitt has proven he’s not the guy, Tennessee was in worse shape than Georgia.
Keep spinning that “Pruitt isn’t the guy” narrative all you want. Shows how much you really know about football, coaching, and recruiting.

AV doesn't know anymore than VQ or 247. He's just more upfront about it and more willing to share tidbits VQ can't, or won't.

What's hilarious is the narrative he tries to spread about UGA's unethical recruiting like we're not doing the same things, but ya'll eat it up anyways and get clowned on endlessly by opposing fanbases.

If these recruits didn't like Kirby, they simply wouldn't go to UGA, but they do. Why? Because Kirby has proven he's a winner, he curbstomps his rivals annually, and puts players in the league. "bUt He ChokEs!!" "CaNt WiN wItH tHaT tAlEnT" He's 47-13 as a first time HC, meanwhile Pruitt has one more loss in half the games played between the two.
Yeah. Richt left UGA in the same ditch Jones left UT.

Not taking a shot at Smart or claiming Pruitt is anything other than what his record says he is, but flashing Kirby's record doesn't tell you much more than he's Mark Richt with better recruiting classes.

Trust me, they ain't laughing. They are giving me their logic why a 3 star is going to be all SEC. Because they watch the recruits film lololololol
It's very obvious too many become far to emotionally involved in this whole process.

Also, to attempt to provide logic as to why a recruit, regardless of star rating, will be successful at a highly competitive and complex level he has yet to play at is not logical.. They are opinions, some of which are more informed than others.

Kirby took over a 10 win team.

Even though Pruitt has proven he’s not the guy, Tennessee was in worse shape than Georgia.

He took over a 9 win team. In Richt's last 8 seasons, his 2012 team was the only legit contending team. It's not like they were some juggernaut. He took a team that lost to Vandy, GT, and Butch Jones to a natty the year after. That's good coaching, however ya'll wanna spin it.

He took over a 9 win team. In Richt's last 8 seasons, his 2012 team was the only legit contending team. It's not like they were some juggernaut. He took a team that lost to Vandy, GT, and Butch Jones to a natty the year after. That's good coaching, however ya'll wanna spin it.

He took over a 10 win team. Here are the last 11 seasons before Kirby’s first:

213917A0-D7EF-4C9A-89CF-4DE6DDD92FC3.png

And here are UT’s 11 seasons before Pruitt:

EA7B9C6C-832E-46F3-A0F1-D9AB724A9FB2.png

Regardless, it's not like those 10 wins were impressive. They were blown out by every decent team they played and lost to Butch.

Pruitt isn't taking that program and leading it to where Kirby has taken it.

I was just providing context to the convo, not arguing for or against Pruitt’s or Kirby’s coaching chops.

Specifically, what has Pruitt shown that he’s the guy?
Of course johnfnkelly likes this post. Pruitt has had some unfortunate things placed in his path and he’s fighting an uphill battle with the juggernauts in our conference. It’s not like he inherited a 10 win team a la Kirby Smart. Pruitt is honest with recruits about their game, potential, and their character. He’s constantly & consistently finding players buried deep and finding special playmakers. He’s barely had 2 full classes to get in the race for the East. Besides, it’s hard to pull those top flight top 10 type players when we don’t have enough to show for it outside of a beautiful campus, great academics and deep rich history. Quit your complaining about it. The man has to have an opportunity to get the culture & regime together which many aren’t giving him.

Regardless, it's not like those 10 wins were impressive. They were blown out by every decent team they played and lost to Butch.

Pruitt isn't taking that program and leading it to where Kirby has taken it.
Sounds like you have quite the man crush on ole Bowl Cut. Starting to show your colors again.

AV doesn't know anymore than VQ or 247. He's just more upfront about it and more willing to share tidbits VQ can't, or won't.

What's hilarious is the narrative he tries to spread about UGA's unethical recruiting like we're not doing the same things, but ya'll eat it up anyways and get clowned on endlessly by opposing fanbases.

If these recruits didn't like Kirby, they simply wouldn't go to UGA, but they do. Why? Because Kirby has proven he's a winner, he curbstomps his rivals annually, and puts players in the league. "bUt He ChokEs!!" "CaNt WiN wItH tHaT tAlEnT" He's 47-13 as a first time HC, meanwhile Pruitt has one more loss in half the games played between the two.
1603475114521.gif

I think this has less to do with Pruitt and Smart and has more to do with the differing philosophies of uga and UT.
UGA fires a 10 win coach and goes after a coordinator who they think can take them to the next level and compete for championships. They have probably been successful with that decision.
We allow a coach to hang around until it isn’t VERY clear we aren’t even competing against average teams and then hire a coordinator that was further down the list. Our goal is to get back to average. I don’t think the administration is committed to competing for championships. But we have a lot that has to happen at the top before we get back into the championship conversations.

Of course johnfnkelly likes this post. Pruitt has had some unfortunate things placed in his path and he’s fighting an uphill battle with the juggernauts in our conference. It’s not like he inherited a 10 win team a la Kirby Smart. Pruitt is honest with recruits about their game, potential, and their character. He’s constantly & consistently finding players buried deep and finding special playmakers. He’s barely had 2 full classes to get in the race for the East. Besides, it’s hard to pull those top flight top 10 type players when we don’t have enough to show for it outside of a beautiful campus, great academics and deep rich history. Quit your complaining about it. The man has to have an opportunity to get the culture & regime together which many aren’t giving him.
Not to mention he has to play the greatest dynasty in college football history every year while trying to build a program... I agree Pruitt is the right guy for this job because he is a relentless worker and recruiter... is he perfect no he is still learning but he has shown his whole career to be a great football mind whose players love to play for him... I believe once we get a QBs with some moxie and swag UT will look really good really quick... we are not that far away from UGA the first half showed that... JG just doesn’t have that playmaker factor about him when everything isn’t perfect can you make a play or get out of danger like dobbs had... imagine dobbs on this tennessee team we would be competing for an SEC ship... I agree with you but Pruitt has to learn how to avoid those disaster all time low games.

I don't see how some people think Pruitt isn't the guy, and how some thing he's the next Fulmer. I hope there's people out there besides me that are still in the "wait and see" mode. Rewind to when Pruitt was hired, 90% of us were saying this is a 4-5 year rebuild. We're in year three (with covid not doing us any favors) and we are muuuuch better off than what we were Butch's last year and where Pruitt started. There's been some hiccup's along the way and reasons for concern, but we're still trending up IMO. Do I like where we're at right now, hell no.. All of us want to be winning 10+ games a year. But let's see where we are at this time next year before we write Pruitt off. If we're ever doing to be a 10+ win team again, Pruitt has to survive to through year 5, and not leave the cupboard bare for the next guy, or just be the man himself.

I don't see how some people think Pruitt isn't the guy, and how some thing he's the next Fulmer. I hope there's people out there besides me that are still in the "wait and see" mode. Rewind to when Pruitt was hired, 90% of us were saying this is a 4-5 year rebuild. We're in year three (with covid not doing us any favors) and we are muuuuch better off than what we were Butch's last year and where Pruitt started. There's been some hiccup's along the way and reasons for concern, but we're still trending up IMO. Do I like where we're at right now, hell no.. All of us want to be winning 10+ games a year. But let's see where we are at this time next year before we write Pruitt off. If we're ever doing to be a 10+ win team again, Pruitt has to survive to through year 5, and not leave the cupboard bare for the next guy, or just be the man himself.

Getting nearly 30 balled by UK in Neyland isn't "trending up". It's the opposite, actually.

VN Store

Back