'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Have we ever had 2 WRs go in the first round?

I don’t think we’ve had two #1s in the same draft class. But, we had THREE #1s on the same ROSTER in both 1981 and 1982. In 1981, we had future first rounders Anthony Hancock, Willie Gault and Clyde Duncan. And in 1982, we still had Gault and Duncan along with another future first rounder Tim McGee. Hancock went to the NFL in 1982, Gault in 1983, Duncan in 1984, and McGee in 1986.

I think the best WR duo at UT was Pickens and Harper. Harper went to the NFL a year ahead of Pickens as a first rounder. Pickens slipped to the early 2nd round, but he looked and played the part of a first rounder.

Marcus Nash, Donte Stallworth, and Robert Meachem were also #1s, but don’t think they shared the field with another first round WR during their time at UT.

Reactions: PA Vol
I’m good with the info AV brings. I don’t read into it when he says “we’re in a good spot” or whatever but any peek behind the curtain is more than welcome.

Just saying we should all no longer believe that anything Kirby is doing is gonna get him in trouble or slow him down in any way whatsoever. It simply isn’t true.

And also, we should do it. I know we do it, but clearly not at that level. We should change that.

It's been my point for a while now. Not enough people with the power and $$$ give a **** about this program. Either that or they're just way too frugal or something. Zero reason to let UGA recruit circles around you, it's absolutely embarrassing. Anything UGA offers a kid, UT should be tripling that offer at the very least.

It's been my point for a while now. Not enough people with the power and $$$ give a **** about this program. Either that or they're just way too frugal or something. Zero reason to let UGA recruit circles around you, it's absolutely embarrassing. Anything UGA offers a kid, UT should be tripling that offer at the very least.

Yep. Have not donated since early 2000's, and will not. I could give quite a bit, but, will not.

It isn't about the program, it is about the philosophy of the state and route they decided to take between the years of 1999-2010. The state flagship school was no longer that.

No matter my love and affinity for Knoxville and The University of Tennessee, which is great, the management with academics, athletics, and all around culture the last 2 decades should only validate my decision to not give money. And, it has.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yep. Have not donated since early 2000's, and will not. I could give quite a bit, but, will not.

It isn't about the program, it is about the philosophy of the state and route they decided to take between the years of 1999-2010. The state flagship school was no longer that.

No matter my love and affinity for Knoxville and The University of Tennessee, which is great, the management with academics, athletics, and all around culture the last 2 decades should only validate my decision to not give money. And, it has.
Don't give it to the school, buy us some recruits.

;)

I understand, I wouldn't give a cent to the university right now. There's no return as a fan.

But like @Weezer said, I'm more implying the route of buying recruits. I have no idea why there's not more people doing this for UT, I can only imagine the profit the UT football program would make when they're elite again (if that even ever happens, serious doubts about that lately.)

Reactions: tennvols77
I understand, I wouldn't give a cent to the university right now. There's no return as a fan.

But like @Weezer said, I'm more implying the route of buying recruits. I have no idea why there's not more people doing this for UT, I can only imagine the profit the UT football program would make when they're elite again (if that even ever happens, serious doubts about that lately.)
theyre in the hole, $147 mill.

thought about ordering a hat and a shirt. just to help.

perhaps, but, we're fans. by choice. you can be a certain way and 'not accept mediocrity' or try to help. up to you.
I look at it like investing in a company. If you want my money, you're going to have to do something about the BOT that keeps being counter-productive to financial growth. I get it. They decided they wanted to be an "academic" school for awhile. Bama has no such illusions. They know what football means to the state and the school itself. Our BOT needs to embrace that way of thinking. We're not an Ivy League school. I'm not saying let the academics go to crap, but let's remember we are a football school and act accordingly.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
quiet.jpg

AV doesn't know anymore than VQ or 247. He's just more upfront about it and more willing to share tidbits VQ can't, or won't.

What's hilarious is the narrative he tries to spread about UGA's unethical recruiting like we're not doing the same things, but ya'll eat it up anyways and get clowned on endlessly by opposing fanbases.

If these recruits didn't like Kirby, they simply wouldn't go to UGA, but they do. Why? Because Kirby has proven he's a winner, he curbstomps his rivals annually, and puts players in the league. "bUt He ChokEs!!" "CaNt WiN wItH tHaT tAlEnT" He's 47-13 as a first time HC, meanwhile Pruitt has one more loss in half the games played between the two.

Not being a Debbie downer but reading that and seeing all the positives about AU and UGA then he says Tn is “fun”. It Didn’t really sound assuring for us, Which is ok . We just start winning and keep recruiting . Eventually we will land these guys . GBO🍊

AV doesn't know anymore than VQ or 247. He's just more upfront about it and more willing to share tidbits VQ can't, or won't.

What's hilarious is the narrative he tries to spread about UGA's unethical recruiting like we're not doing the same things, but ya'll eat it up anyways and get clowned on endlessly by opposing fanbases.

If these recruits didn't like Kirby, they simply wouldn't go to UGA, but they do. Why? Because Kirby has proven he's a winner, he curbstomps his rivals annually, and puts players in the league. "bUt He ChokEs!!" "CaNt WiN wItH tHaT tAlEnT" He's 47-13 as a first time HC, meanwhile Pruitt has one more loss in half the games played between the two.

Kirby took over a 10 win team.

Even though Pruitt has proven he’s not the guy, Tennessee was in worse shape than Georgia.

VN Store

Back