Butch Jones receives high praise from Saban

Man I was just thinking about how weird of a guy butch really is. The guy has been a “special assistant” to Saban for over 3 years now. A guy that’s been a head coach for over 10 years and made somewhere around 50 million dollars (between salary and endorsements) is basically running errands for a coach. That’s what a ga does. How dumb is this dude seriously? Other former head coaches that join Saban’s staff come in as coordinators. Then there’s Butch. Picking up coach’s dry cleaning.

Saw this leaving work yesterday. Seemed about like the extent of Butch’s role now.

Attachments

• AD4B4CC8-3BF4-4BC3-B0D4-42E88A37A07E.jpeg
    AD4B4CC8-3BF4-4BC3-B0D4-42E88A37A07E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
Reactions: LeBleu and volfans1
Such high praise that Saban has refused to promote him to any meaningful role in 3 years.
I don't think Butch is going to take any job that pays anything while is still getting paid big bucks by Tennessee. He takes a real coaching job, bye bye buyout. Expect him to look for a job after this season.

I don't think Butch is going to take any job that pays anything while is still getting paid big bucks by Tennessee. He takes a real coaching job, bye bye buyout. Expect him to look for a job after this season.

You have to think this looks bad on him for future job opportunities. ADs have to look at this and think why would I put this guy under a contract if he will be dead set on milking me for every penny instead of obligating himself to the contract and mitigate that cost if it doesn't work out?

Don't forget about Butch's Car Washing Expertise. WHO WAS THE AD THAT HIRED BUTCH JONES? UT's problem has been No One Qualified In Administration since Bob Woodruff--Doug Dickey.

Not to worry. Lyle will be let go after the Tennessee buyout money is paid in full. Just another part of the Alabama plan to hurt the Vol program anyway they can.

If there is any justice in this world he won't win a ring at Bama. He just wants to milk UT for every penny and flash a NC ring at his next position like he was a part of it.

Reactions: preacherwebb
tenor.gif

You have to think this looks bad on him for future job opportunities. ADs have to look at this and think why would I put this guy under a contract if he will be dead set on milking me for every penny instead of obligating himself to the contract and mitigate that cost if it doesn't work out?

Some mid major will snap him up.

Man I was just thinking about how weird of a guy butch really is. The guy has been a “special assistant” to Saban for over 3 years now. A guy that’s been a head coach for over 10 years and made somewhere around 50 million dollars (between salary and endorsements) is basically running errands for a coach. That’s what a ga does. How dumb is this dude seriously? Other former head coaches that join Saban’s staff come in as coordinators. Then there’s Butch. Picking up coach’s dry cleaning.
If you consider the massive payout he's getting from UT while being an errand boy, I'd say he's pretty damn smart (and weaselly).

VN Store

Back