Long time Fan Fed up with it.

At the half of the Georgia game and an 8 game winning streak .........

Dem vowels r back:)

Well I never was under any illusion about the winning streak. That's because 1) it didn't include GA, FL or AL, 2) there were a few of them that could have gone either way......they just happened to go our way (MSU, KY, IU to name a few).

Reactions: vol1981 and Vfl2407
I’ve got an idea nobody has thought about. (Sarcasm button)

We need another QB. (No sarcasm)

Reactions: vol1981
It sure is tough, for an old man like me, to get beat by a football team like Kentucky. I personally have no ill feelings toward the State of Ky because this has always been counted as an automatic win for the Vols for years . We literally gave this gave away with our fumbles, interceptions, and lack of defensive effort. Well, it is what it is.

That is complete nonsense, the offense did absolutely nothing in both second half’s and the defense was gassed

Na... when you turn the ball over 4 times, including 2 pick-sixes, you are no longer running the offense you game-planned for. The coaches had no confidence in the QB position. The DEFENSE had no confidence in the QB position. Should there have been better adjustment at half-time? Ya, I think so... but it all started with the turnovers. This is less complicated than many of you want it to be, imo.

Reactions: 901 Orange
Pruitt keeps talking about turnovers being the cause of all the problems, which just isn't true. What he should be saying if we can't score more than a couple of touchdowns a game we are not going to beat anyone.

He thinks defense is going to win the games, but not with the offenses that can score 50 points a game, he is way to conservative thinking. He is always harping on not making mistakes, no interceptions, no fumbles, no missed blocks, no missed tackles, bla, bla.

Fact is all teams make mistakes, the difference is we don't have the ability to recover from mistakes because the offense can't move the ball, just look at the first down conversions. Last I checked we were ranked around #70 with a 23% conversion rate, terrible. If you can't make first downs you can't keep the offense on the field, and the defense will fold eventually.

Harrison Bailey can make all the difference in the world in making those first down. He is smart, can read defenses quickly, has a smooth release and just has more natural ability than any qb since Manning. Now can Pruitt recognize it and develop him quickly. So far he is treating him like a freshman and wasting his time with JG, just nuts.
I agree with alot of what u said except 3 of those turnovers were returned for TD's & 3 more were deep in our own territory that set up points. The 2 games we didnt turn the ball over we won so those turnovers do matter when it comes to W/L. If u are going to turn the ball over 3 or more times in a game u have no shot to beat anyone even if u have an explosive offense bc u are going to be playing catchup.

Op - how are the coaches everyone wanted during those searches doing these days ?
Well before they changed jobs they were doing pretty damn good...Now they are having to rebuild their new programs...And soon they also will pass us up...Yes they will.

Absolutely not. If we had played Georgia tough and ground out a win against Kentucky, you're saying you wouldn't be high on the vols right now?

The reality is what it is. If you want I can play the silly make believe game with you. How about if Tennessee had scored 150 points in all their games and held their opponents scoreless then the Vols would be #1 in the country and considered the greatest team ever. Wouldn’t you be high on the Vols then?

You see how this works and how pointless it is? I hope so.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If we hadn't turned the ball over 7 times in the last 6 quarters, everyone would be riding high on the vols right now.
And after the first two games were we had ZERO turnovers there was a discussion on Volnation about how turnovers were "overrated" and it didn't really effect the outcome of those two games and....well...my old memory cant recall all the absurd discussion that took place. When I read those comments I realized just have few on this board understood the game of football (or any sport where giving the other team the ball without scoring) because TURNOVERS ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE A MAJOR, IF NOT DECIDING FACTOR in FOOTBALL. I just wonder what game these people have been watching all these years. Protecting the football is the absolute number 1 priority. And it will be on Saturday as well. Let Bama turn it over 6-7 times and we just may be in that game if ,of course, we don't turn it over 6-7 times... ;);)

The reality is what it is. If you want I can play the silly make believe game with you. How about if Tennessee had scored 150 points in all their games and held their opponents scoreless then the Vols would be #1 in the country and considered the greatest team ever. Wouldn’t you be high on the Vols then?

You see how this works and how pointless it is? I hope so.

No, there is a point, but it is clearly over your head. Bless you, sir. Have a better day.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
It sure is tough, for an old man like me, to get beat by a football team like Kentucky. I personally have no ill feelings toward the State of Ky because this has always been counted as an automatic win for the Vols for years . We literally gave this gave away with our fumbles, interceptions, and lack of defensive effort. Well, it is what it is.

Our D may not be the best but im tired of hearing about lack of effort or whatever about the D. When they are on the field for the majority of the game somethings got to give. You cannot sustain the intensity that it takes to play D in the SEC when your Offense is 3 and out every series.

Been a fan for over 50 years. Finally came to the conclusion, UT has become Ole Miss. Great tradition if you go back far enough but the University is no longer dedicated to winning and this level of mediocrity will endure from now on.

This all started when the Board of Trustees decided they wanted to make UT, the Harvard of the South and raised the admissions standards and included athletics in that decision. Then, with a revolving door in the chancellor's office, somehow, we ended up with a smarmy little bean counter from clemson as our AD. He completely destroyed the mens' athletic dept, especially the football program.

Hamilton fired a first ballot HOF coach one year removed from the SECCG (last appearance btw) and started a string of hiring football coaches that no Power 5 school was even interested in. Kiffin (fired midseason by Raiders for being a "liar and a loser" Al Davis), Dooley (La Tech was ecstatic UT took this loser off their hands), Butch (Cincy fans had grown tired of his stale sayings and slogans) and Pruitt (Never been a HC and Miss St interviewed him and hired the fat guy from Penn St over him).

This will not change any time soon, UT spends millions of dollars on facilities and then goes bargain basement hunting for coaches. Just like in politics, the decisions are made and we don't matter. It is what it is. Get used to it.

Last edited:
I see more of you getting woke each day. Your Negavol Membership cards are in the mail.

So getting fed up with a coach that has made a habit of getting blown out and losing to lesser teams makes one a Negavol?

Well count me as a big nega then.

Reactions: Jack Burton
So getting fed up with a coach that has made a habit of getting blown out and losing to lesser teams makes one a Negavol?

Well count me as a big nega then.

Yep, because if you complain you “ain’t a real fan” and “only post about negative things”.

Our fans lie to themselves too much and create excuses for why things are going poorly. The simple fact is we don’t make the right hires. We’ve just been trying to get lucky for 10+ years.

Reactions: tbh
Chip Kelly ?
Is that really the best you got. To be fair PAC-12 season hasn't started yet, and UCLA doesn't throw money at its football programs like that of TN and Oregon, but Chip Kelly can say he had his team in the National title conversation the last decade sooo...

Is that really the best you got. To be fair PAC-12 season hasn't started yet, and UCLA doesn't throw money at its football programs like that of TN and Oregon, but Chip Kelly can say he had his team in the National title conversation the last decade sooo...
Took over a stocked Bellotti team after one season at OC. Sucked from the get go since he’s tried to BUILD his own program. UCLA paid out the butt for him and he didn’t report until after the playoffs because he was WORKING FOR ESPN. Their reward for firing Mora midseason who had a top 5 class at one point...dropped to 19th when he finally reported and he followed that up with the 40th ranked class in 2019. Remember the heat many gave Pruitt for finishing what he started? Careful what you wish for...Philadelphia Eagles, 49ers and now UCLA do.

Took over a stocked Bellotti team after one season at OC. Sucked from the get go since he’s tried to BUILD his own program. UCLA paid out the butt for him and he didn’t report until after the playoffs because he was WORKING FOR ESPN. Their reward for firing Mora midseason who had a top 5 class at one point...dropped to 19th when he finally reported and he followed that up with the 40th ranked class in 2019. Remember the heat many gave Pruitt for finishing what he started? Careful what you wish for...Philadelphia Eagles, 49ers and now UCLA do.
Wasn't saying I wanted or ever wanted Chip Kelly just highlighting the fact he has had Oregon in the National Conversation in the last decade. When I talk about throwing money into a program it goes far beyond paying the head coach's salary. Recruiting, facilities, strength and conditioning, and top salary for assistants as well. Also, how many buyouts has TN had? We pay more for bad coaches in the long run than investing in a solid and proven coach. Also, let's talk about the elephant in the room, the SEC. It is far easier to recruit to the SEC than the PAC-12. Some of your best college athletes come out of the South, FL, and GA more specifically. We can also ask the same questions of our previous coaches, where are they now? Dooley isn't a head coach and Butch is an assistant. Kiffen just got back into the Power Five and regardless of their record, he has that offense humming. I am not a "what might have been" type of guy but pointing out that what the OP implies isn't necessarily true, which is that the big-name coaches we wanted, suck.

VN Store

Back