Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

Yeah, in avg. recruit, so that's a good estimate of where we'd likely end up when everyone fills their classes, but we are #9 on the composite as of tonight.
I understand we are # 7 and # 9 in both services as far as total points but it is misleading because of the average as you stated. In my opinion when referring to UT’s current ranking on a given day , the ranking by recruit average should be referenced. Stating we are #7 or #9 does not provide an accurate description of where we really are compared to other schools.

Yup and the last 3 Head Coaches hasn’t worked out either. Clemson should have fired Dabo after his 3rd season. Saban should have been fired form Michigan State by all your standards. Because both these coaches was average coaches in there 3rd year of head coaching.

Again, I was discussing hypotheticals. Sabo or Dabo had nothing resembling the hypothetical 2-8 record I was mentioning. In my "hypotherical", 2-8 with Mizzou, Vandy, USC, Arky, and UK is not average.

In the world of "hypothetical conversations not to have until they're no longer hypothetical," the "if our coach does XX bad, should he be fired?" conversation is near the top.

Absolutely no good comes of this hypothetical. Table it. Only bring it up again if we go 4-6.

I don't think it matters if UT goes 2-8. Pruitt isn't going anywhere. UT has hitched their wagon to him and this is the perfect year to "work things out."

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Again, I was discussing hypotheticals. Sabo or Dabo had nothing resembling the hypothetical 2-8 record I was mentioning. In my "hypotherical", 2-8 with Mizzou, Vandy, USC, Arky, and UK is not average.
If he hadn’t received the extension and if the buyout wasn’t 12m you would be right. But he does have that extension and buyout so you are wrong unless Pruitt gets fired for cause.

If he hadn’t received the extension and if the buyout wasn’t 12m you would be right. But he does have that extension and buyout so you are wrong unless Pruitt gets fired for cause.

Again, you dont know and I dont know what will happen in a far fetched (hopefully) scenario that has a 2-8 team that quits and gets steamrolled the rest of the season. To speak in absolutes shows ignorance. For example, there could be a trillion dollars in a stimulus package that gets trickled down to states and universities. That right there could change some of the financial calculus.

Again, you dont know and I dont know what will happen in a far fetched (hopefully) scenario that has a 2-8 team that quits and gets steamrolled the rest of the season. To speak in absolutes shows ignorance. For example, there could be a trillion dollars in a stimulus package that gets trickled down to states and universities. That right there could change some of the financial calculus.
Not a 100% absolute. The whole world can descend into complete anarchy or chaos in the next few months or none of us may even be here then. Other than that you can take it to the bank that Pruitt will be here thru year 2021. At least one person here is stating that with the extension it is almost guaranteed Pruitt will be here thru 2022 regardless of his coaching record.

I think if we go 2-8, Fulmer's hand will be forced. At 4-6, Pruitt is safe but on super hot seat for 21.

3-7 would be interesting. He's likely safe but if team continues to quit, then Fulmer may pull plug to save his own rear.
3-7 is an actual legit possibility...I believe that Arkansas is better than Kentucky..

I do not think Pruitt should be fired BUT losing to KY is not a good sign in year three. This leads me to believe that there are more problems other than x and Os especially with D line coach getting fired at halftime.
I’m not a huge Chaney fan right now. His offense is very predictable and has no surprises. I watched Clemson run two tight ends and a fullback for short yardage first downs. There’s not a lot of mis direction and he doesn’t seem to know how to get the d line and linebackers to get off of the LOS.
I really think Pruitt is in trouble because of bad assistants and stagnant offensive strategy.

Nah. Who you gonna get??
It never ceases to amaze me when someone trots out this tired argument. You do realize that every year other universities hire proven coaches that make a positive difference within a year or two? Just because the UT administration has been wildly, incomparably negligent with the last three hires they have made for this position does not de facto mean they cannot get their heads out of their as@es and get it right with the next one; and they should be expected to.

VN Store

Back