Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I definitely don't think he has handled this QB situation very well which is not a good sign of he overall willingness to win at a high level and take risks.

The most telling thing is nobody else getting a snap in the 1st two games then being quick to pull Shrout for not being game ready. Shrout may not be the long term answer but really? The odds were stacked against him. Not one irrelevant snap the entire season before that. I just think it's bad personnel use.
I agree it's bad for shrout. But after QB 1 throws 2 pic sixes, and then qb 2 turns around and throws a pic right after?

Reactions: AM64
I definitely don't think he has handled this QB situation very well which is not a good sign of he overall willingness to win at a high level and take risks.

The most telling thing is nobody else getting a snap in the 1st two games then being quick to pull Shrout for not being game ready. Shrout may not be the long term answer but really? The odds were stacked against him. Not one irrelevant snap the entire season before that. I just think it's bad personnel use.

I kinda agree...but what Pruitt said after the game was telling...Shrout was supposed to send a man in motion before he even snapped the ball...so 1 WR was on the wrong side of the formation altogether, then he threw the ball "55 yards across the field for a 4 yard gain? I don't like that risk/reward." Hard to argue with that, when Pruitt said he had a checkdown to throw to as well. Then he stared down the WR, so the DB jumped the route and there goes 7 points. Shrout made 3 mental errors, and 1 technique error with the staredown...all in 1 play. However, Pruitt also said that he didn't agree with the playcall...and I don't either. It was dumb by Chaney to put Shrout in that situation. He should have RUN the ball, then used short passes and simple route trees to build some confidence and get Shrout warmed up to game speed. Really dumb by Chaney...and he should know better at this point in his career for sure. The guy is just too damn pass happy...always has been, and while I believe that we have the WR to do that...it is obvious that as of now we do NOT have a QB to throw the ball 30 plus times a game.

With our Oline, we should be able to run the ball right down the damn throat of ANYONE on our schedule not named UGA or BAMA..and of we had anyone to keep Bama honest instead of 8 men in the box...we could run it on them also because UGA and Ole Miss both ran it well on them . They have passing games though. We do not...

HB and Shrout better be getting plenty of reps with the 1s this week...our team is done following JG.

Reactions: McDad and AM64
Fedexgripesheet_75e6d7_3775982.png

Blue water Navy truism; There are more planes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky.

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe.

Navy carrier pilots to Air Force pilots: Flaring is like squatting to pee.

When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.

Without ammunition the USAF would be just another expensive flying club.

What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

Never trade luck for skill.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh S#!+!"

Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers.

Progress in airline flying; now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant.

Airspeed, altitude or brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.

A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication.

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!

Blue water Navy truism; There are more planes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky.

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe.

Navy carrier pilots to Air Force pilots: Flaring is like squatting to pee.

When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.

Without ammunition the USAF would be just another expensive flying club.

What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

Never trade luck for skill.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh S#!+!"

Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers.

Progress in airline flying; now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant.

Airspeed, altitude or brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.

A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication.

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!

Gave you a "like" bc your fingers needed a long rest after all that typing done.....

Back in the 1990's I always wanted a Dodge Viper but didn't want to spend an arm & a leg + the house for one. You don't see these cars on the road anymore ....... but I know they've got to be out there somewhere....

a4eb3ca4849b1d6123b63c08a6c84e53.jpg

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Apparent that he's slow to learn from 2 plus years of OTJ training.

Back in the 1990's I always wanted a Dodge Viper but didn't want to spend an arm & a leg + the house for one. You don't see these cars on the road anymore ....... but I know they've got to be out there somewhere....

View attachment 316077
Many of those got wrecked because they had no traction control, no stability control, no anti-lock brakes, and you could lose them in a heartbeat. I know 2 people who bought them new. One wrecked his, the other still has 2 that he bought new.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

View attachment 316077

Sometime in late '63 and '64 Crown Ford in Nashville had a Cobra in the showroom window. The cost back then as I recall was under $5K. Of course, I was a senior in HS and that was completely out of my reach - and an expensive toy for most people. Now they are selling in the range of $1-1.5M; if only I'd been able to convince my dad it was an investment. I used to see one in British Racing Green at Ft Dix in 1967 - got a good up close look at it in a parking lot one day. Beautiful car with an officer's decal. The Viper was another of those cars that had the look.

Sometime in late '63 and '64 Crown Ford in Nashville had a Cobra in the showroom window. The cost back then as I recall was under $5K. Of course, I was a senior in HS and that was completely out of my reach - and an expensive toy for most people. Now they are selling in the range of $1-1.5M; if only I'd been able to convince my dad it was an investment. I used to see one in British Racing Green at Ft Dix in 1967 - got a good up close look at it in a parking lot one day. Beautiful car with an officer's decal. The Viper was another of those cars that had the look.
I thought that the A.C. Cobras listed for $5,995 when they came out, but not positive. That was still pretty expensive then, when you could buy a regular car for around $3,000. I think the Mustang started at about $2,400. Of course, that was a 6 cylinder, 3 speed.

Many of those got wrecked because they had no traction control, no stability control, no anti-lock brakes, and you could lose them in a heartbeat. I know 2 people who bought them new. One wrecked his, the other still has 2 that he bought new.

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, I saw two that I can remember being driven down the street.
One was a bright red w/white racing stripes down the hood & back. The other one I saw was a yellow & black color that was pretty to see. But other than those two years ago, I've not seen anymore since. I always wanted one though. I was looking at the price on these used cars & they're still a pretty penny paying for one.

I got a question for some of you old farts. Especially you @1972 Grad . Does the Social Security family maximum apply to a married couple whom has earned their own benefits payout to trim in the maximum payout to the couple or is an individuals payout unaffected by marital status? Not talking beneficiaries here that’s a separate topic and I know the answer on that one. TIA

Edit: well I think this answers it but I’d like to make sure you guys agree.

Will Marriage Affect My Social Security Benefits?

I thought that the A.C. Cobras listed for $5,995 when they came out, but not positive. That was still pretty expensive then, when you could buy a regular car for around $3,000. I think the Mustang started at about $2,400. Of course, that was a 6 cylinder, 3 speed.

That's possible. One part of me wanted to say around $7K and the other around $5K, so I decided I must be thinking the 289 and later 427 prices. The '63- '64s had to be 289s. I've got one of the original Car and Driver magazines from way back when - the one where they covered the new cars, but it's a pain to dig out. Online searches just give what they sell for now.

I got a question for some of you old farts. Especially you @1972 Grad . Does the Social Security family maximum apply to a married couple whom has earned their own benefits payout to trim in the maximum payout to the couple or is an individuals payout unaffected by marital status? Not talking beneficiaries here that’s a separate topic and I know the answer on that one. TIA

Edit: well I think this answers it but I’d like to make sure you guys agree.

Will Marriage Affect My Social Security Benefits?

Individual

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back