Maurer...

25801VOL

V,B
There was the concussions last year and he battled depression and contemplated suicide at the beginning of 2020 (this is what I’ve been told, he’s publicly spoken about his depression).

He was a gamer last year and although he made mistakes, the offense came alive when he was out there. #2 came off the bench and played decently.

I think #2 is a basket case who can’t handle the pressure of overcoming in game adversity. He reverts to his poor mechanics and horrible decisions when adversity strikes in game.

The defensive ends are lining up wide and rushing deep. Our ends can’t defend, that’s what Georgia did and UK saw it. Why the hell can’t our staff see it? Why haven’t we adjusted? Why didn’t we line up with two TE’s and take that away from the D? Why didn’t we line up in and old I-strong out of the shotgun and make the defense change?

If I can see this and our coaches can’t then they need to go. I’m 48 year old former coach and the answers are so clear to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was the concussions last year and he battled depression and attempted suicide at the beginning of 2020 (this is what I’ve been told, he’s publicly spoken about his depression).

He was a gamer last year and although he made mistakes, the offense came alive when he was out there. #2 came off the bench and played decently.

I think #2 is a basket case who can’t handle the pressure of overcoming in game adversity. He reverts to his poor mechanics and horrible decisions when adversity strikes in game.

The defensive ends are lining up wide and rushing deep. Our ends can’t defend, that’s what Georgia did and UK saw it. Why the hell can’t our staff see it? Why haven’t we adjusted? Why didn’t we line up with two TE’s and take that away from the D? Why didn’t we line up in and old I-strong out of the shotgun and make the defense change?

If I can see this and our coaches can’t then they need to go. I’m 48 year old former coach and the answers are so clear to me.

Amen brother! I like him too and am very curious why we haven’t given him a shot this year. I hear some say he is injured but seems that Pruitt said he was ready to go, so I am confused if he is available or not. If he is available, is he being punished for having the courage to come forward and admit that he has struggled with mental health? Seriously, in this strange year we are living in who hasn’t struggled with mental health? He is a brave young man who has had unfortunate struggles in his life and has shared his story in hopes that others would find solace, I think he has a lot to be proud of and wish Pruitt would at least give him a chance.

There was the concussions last year and he battled depression and attempted suicide at the beginning of 2020 (this is what I’ve been told, he’s publicly spoken about his depression).

With all due respect to your post you’re right and I agree with most. But please edit it. He never made an “attempt” at suicide. These are the kind of misunderstandings that start unnecessary reputations. He shared a story of “thoughts” of suicide to help those battling depression on the first day of “depression awareness month”. It was not a “cry” for help. It was meant to BE help for those dealing with the same thoughts.

Speculate much OP?

He’s admitted to the depression and the attempted suicide was mentioned by at least 30 people yesterday at the game. I hope it’s not true, I hope he’s being helped.

As far as the analysis of scheme and what the teams are doing to kill our offense it’s not speculation. You can see it plain as day if you watch the 2nd half Georgia or yesterday’s game. We aren’t doing anything schematically to help or stop it. No quick game, no double TE (except the scoring drive), no strong side formations.

He’s admitted to the depression and the attempted suicide was mentioned by at least 30 people yesterday at the game. I hope it’s not true, I hope he’s being helped.

As far as the analysis of scheme and what the teams are doing to kill our offense it’s not speculation. You can see it plain as day if you watch the 2nd half Georgia or yesterday’s game. We aren’t doing anything schematically to help or stop it. No quick game, no double TE (except the scoring drive), no strong side formations.
I stopped reading after the suicide and depression comments.. Cut the guy some slack and maybe, just maybe leave whatever his NON footbal personal issues are out of the discussion.

No, sir, he did not attempt suicide. He contemplated it. Thirty people discussing it at the game does not change that fact.

HEARSAY! I’m telling you that’s not true. Now I’m asking you to simply change the wording. That’s all. Otherwise I’ll see what I can do to have it removed.

HEARSAY! I’m telling you that’s not true. Now I’m asking you to simply change the wording. That’s all. Otherwise I’ll see what I can do to have it removed.
it’s been changed. Relax, my intent was never to disparage or throw shade at the kid. I’m simply stating my opinion on his ability to lead the offense. Attempt/contemplate I understand the difference. Why get so hung up on things that aren’t the point. I would like to see him play in spite of his depressions or thoughts of suicide.

If you’re this triggered maybe public forums where conjecture and opinions are posted isn’t the place for you? I apologize Ms Maurer.

There was the concussions last year and he battled depression and contemplated suicide at the beginning of 2020 (this is what I’ve been told, he’s publicly spoken about his depression).

Where you Coach at?

what does the first paragraph have to do with anything other than just being a jerk?

VN Store

Back