Matt Campbell

One of our most successful coaches in the history of our program once had a head coaching stint at Iowa St.

Of the last 22 coaches at ISU, only 1 has a higher winning percentage than Campbell (Earle Bruce who took over for Johnny Majors has slightly higher winning %). Campbell won at a much higher clip than 2 national title winning coaches: Majors and Chizik

Campbell isnt my first choice but he's a far better coach than what we have now.

I live in Big XII country. Campbell’s teams play like SEC teams (but less talent).

Reactions: Power T-1000
Enough with this. During good economic times, our administration does not care about football enough to hire a proven P5 head coach.

During the middle of a pandemic, we are going to lower the bar even further if we had to hire a coach...

Heck, they.got so much $$$, they’re giving raises at UT in a pandemic year........

Very few coaches want to coach at Tennessee, therein lies a big part of the problem

I'm really upset about the current state of UT football. What is the real problem here!? I think coaches at other schools, who know they have lesser talent, run simplified schemes that allow their playmakers to make plays. They call all the plays from the sideline/booth. Players don't have to think as much. Our staff is running complex, pro-style offenses and defensive schemes that require a huge amount of on-field communication. I think this is why you see our defense improving... the players are figuring it out. But on offense... Pruitt said himself that they're asking JG to "do complicated things." Well, why the eff would you do that? You know he can't read a defense or call protections, so why ask him to?

Anyway, it's just a thought... I could be dead wrong. If there's any truth to my above rambling, then at least there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, but I've learned not to get my hopes up over the last 20 years.

Reactions: volmanwayback

VN Store

Back