The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone asking why our QB can’t do what AL’s qb is doing, look at what their receivers have done:

-at least 5 plays where they’ve come back and met the football on curls/comebacks

-4 back shoulder throws where receiver fought for the ball vs. the defender and fought THROUGH the coverage

-TEs that catch the ball when it’s put on their hip

This is not meant to be a conversation re: qb play. More, additional indictment of coaching ineptitude with Tee now being added to the mix. Our receivers suck at running routes, blocking, and doing everything receivers should do outside of a handful of difficult catches this season.

So now we’ve got OL coach, OC, QB coach, D Coord (CJP), and WR coach on notice. Get your ****ing **** together gentlemen. And do it quickly. As a taxpayer, I reserve the right to judge so harshly. Jerkoffs!

The SEC on CBS just reported the Kentucky beat UT, 34-7, like it was no surprise. Do you know why? Because UT sucks, and they all knew it. No surprise.

No bright spots in this game. TBH there is no way I put Harrison Bailey in next week against Bama no way. The young man needs to start against someone lets say a little less dominant. Put JG out there and let him get beat on all day.
Why not? Did you you see the list of UT Qb’s who played against Alabama as freshman? Dobbs was the last one. Alabama’s D gave up 45 points last week and has given up 24 to Georgia at Halftime tonight.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Congrats to UK by the way. This was like their natty. This was the greatest thing to ever happen to their anything but historical football program. They’re celebrating like its 1999. Rumor has it that Lexington PD has recruited additional cud chewers to manage curfew.

No bright spots in this game. TBH there is no way I put Harrison Bailey in next week against Bama no way. The young man needs to start against someone lets say a little less dominant. Put JG out there and let him get beat on all day.
If he starts JG, he should go 5 wide, empty backfield, every ****ing down, and never allow JG to audible. Do not even dress a RB. Punish him. Throw or qb draw on every down. If he gets KO'd, call a timeout, and wake his ass up with smelling salts.

Kiffin was actually pretty good for the 1 year.
Kiffin put up more points against Alabama in one game than we have the past two years and did it without a single player whose name I’d recognize. Wth could he do with the talent we have on this roster? It’s pretty cut and dry to me......he can definitely coach like him or not

Reactions: GoBears
After watching JG for 4 yrs, we should know he can't be relied upon to get us where we want to go. It's time to move on. We've got to play the backups, immediately. You can't trust JG. He'll make up his own play at best ot a turnover. If CJP continues to start him this year, he starts his 4th year with backups and no experience. I think we can pretty much forget any high light reels this year. Get these guys on the field, now! Guess I am a NegaVol now.

After watching JG for 4 yrs, we should know he can't be relied upon to get us where we want to go. It's time to move on. We've got to play the backups, immediately. You can't trust JG. He'll make up his own play at best ot a turnover. If CJP continues to start him this year, he starts his 4th year with backups and no experience. I think we can pretty much forget any high light reels this year. Get these guys on the field, now! Guess I am a NegaVol now.
And JG has ONE MORE YEAR of eligibility.

Why not? Did you you see the list of UT Qb’s who played against Alabama as freshman? Dobbs was the last one. Alabama’s D gave up 45 points last week and has given up 24 to Georgia at Halftime tonight.

I just wouldn't throw him in there against Bama but if they do that's their decision I wont cry about it.

I just wouldn't throw him in there against Bama but if they do that's their decision I wont cry about it.
I made a post here that Pruitt stated JG is still the Qb based on what others posted here after the game. I just read a transcript of Pruitt’s post game comments and the transcript indicated he was noncommittal about the Qb rotation. So there is hope that we will see a change. He was critical about JT on the interception and failing to send a man in motion maybe on the same play.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
Kiffin put up more points against Alabama in one game than we have the past two years and did it without a single player whose name I’d recognize. Wth could he do with the talent we have on this roster? It’s pretty cut and dry to me......he can definitely coach like him or not
And lost to Arky with 7 turnovers

No , except for Florida Atlantic he has failed at every HC position he has held. He is a decent OC. He will fail miserably where he is at now.

Reactions: kbear01
I made a post here that Pruitt stated JG is still the Qb based on what others posted here after the game. I just read a transcript of Pruitt’s post game comments and the transcript indicated he was noncommittal about the Qb rotation. So there is hope that we will see a change. He was critical about JT on the interception and failing to send a man in motion maybe on the same play.

My biggest concern of throwing Bailey in a game like this would be an injury and also his response in future games if he gets destroyed. But if Pruitt wants to play him then that's how it will be. Then again he may play lights out and shock everyone with his play.

My biggest concern of throwing Bailey in a game like this would be an injury and also his response in future games if he gets destroyed. But if Pruitt wants to play him then that's how it will be. Then again he may play lights out and shock everyone with his play.
I don’t think you can be afraid of putting freshman Qb’s in games against strong teams. We have not done this in the past and I really do not see other Head Coaches doing it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back