No more Million dollar coaches.

I understand what you're posting. Part of what a head coach is supposed to bring to the table is a staff and the more you pay the better of a reputation for recruiting and development that staff should have. There's still not enough talent in TN to fill out an SEC contender's roster. You're probably never going to find a cohort of TN HS/small college coaches who can successfully recruit out of state SEC athletes. Add in the fact that we won't get all of the top in-state payers with Dabo, Saban, and Kirby deing able to cross the border and take almost any TN player they want. I don't know how the nativist plan can work but it couldn't be much worse that getting out asses kicked at home by KY.

With a Bammer coach.

Pruitt is a bargain in today's college football salary wars, worked out so well.. Just the same we could pay far less to get boatraced by UK..

Reactions: orange_glory
Just bc someone is born between some made up line on a piece of paper doesn't mean dick.
"Bleeding orange" is for a bumper sticker and doesn't not make a.coach

Tell that to the Volunteers in the War of 1812 and the Mexican War.

I guess things will never change until it becomes an issue of surviving over entertainment.

Can't recruit well enough if you don't have credentials.. Fulmer should of swallowed his pride and hired someone not like him..

If you prove you can win the recruits will come. Even if your on the cheap. Were paying Millions now and praying the recruits don't run away screaming.

Every coach has to start somewhere. Some of these credentialed coaches stink it up, too.
Unfortunately we’re way beyond the point of a credentialed coach coming here. We either stick with what we’ve got or keep trying and hope we eventually catch lightning in a bottle.
GBO!!

Reactions: orange_glory
Let's use COVID as a reason. Lower attendance, less revenue, and smaller budgets. Let's get a bunch of local Tennessee coaches who bleed orange and know what the TN program means to this state, pay them less, and start saving money around here. Most coaches in this state would think they died and went to Heaven if they only made six figures a year. It would be a gamble but a low cost gamble.

I think the offensive coordinator at Bucksnort High would be a good person to reach out to. At least put the feelers out there and see if there is mutual interest.

I'd offer Hugh Freeze 5 million after next season with a clause that he loses a million dollars for each NCAA or hooker scandal.

Let's use COVID as a reason. Lower attendance, less revenue, and smaller budgets. Let's get a bunch of local Tennessee coaches who bleed orange and know what the TN program means to this state, pay them less, and start saving money around here. Most coaches in this state would think they died and went to Heaven if they only made six figures a year. It would be a gamble but a low cost gamble.
This
Is
So
Perfect

We got passed by when other universities decided to pay coaches higher salaries and bring in winners. Your idea is to go to a coaching salary cap? Am I reading this right?

I think some missed my point. I think coaches are paid too much and with COVID it may not be sustainable. I was saying get a TN guy from the state or even just someone who played here. They would coach for pride of the program and pay them less and see what happens.

VN Store

Back