I’m over Pruitt and Chaney

Maybe Jeremy Banks can play qb. Being the stud and difference that he’s proven to be.

Dabo Swinney was a 1st time HC, and Clemson almost fired him. But he eventually got all the right pieces together, and now look at him. Perhaps Pruitt will finally get everything to click. But taking a knee jerk approach and changing HCs after year 3 is stupid. We would lose the top recruits committed to Pruitt, and no quality Power 5 coach would come into this toxic environment. I will stand by our coach and players, as I, and probably 99.9% of the people in this quorum, are in no position or talented enough to do better. Go Vols!

Damn slick move for Phil to lock Pruitt in with that extension. Pruitt is one hot property you know.

We need to add to every future coaches' contract the stipulation that for a contract extension to take place they must first win the SEC East.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tnslim1
Dabo Swinney was a 1st time HC, and Clemson almost fired him. But he eventually got all the right pieces together, and now look at him. Perhaps Pruitt will finally get everything to click. But taking a knee jerk approach and changing HCs after year 3 is stupid. We would lose the top recruits committed to Pruitt, and no quality Power 5 coach would come into this toxic environment. I will stand by our coach and players, as I, and probably 99.9% of the people in this quorum, are in no position or talented enough to do better. Go Vols!
Very good post. Are coaching staff first and players second stunk up the field today. But to always play the fire 🔥 the coach when this staff took over the worst roster in SEC No. But as always we can and should expect more than what we saw today. In CHRIST Alone

Recruits are already going to leave and the environment is already toxic.

Chaney is stuck in a time warp. I know absolutely nothing about football, but even I could devise a defensive scheme to shut down his predictable play calling.

Seriously? Pruitt has to be fired and most of his staff let go. Now there is problems with this. One is recruiting will nose dive. We will likely lose big time guys like Brooks and Lewis. The cornerstone pieces of this class. It’s possible we could lose other guys to transfers. But that’s a risk we have to take.

In a perfect world, Fulmer would sit down and do a very thorough coaching search. The criteria should be said coach have a winning record at a P5 program.

Well we live in the real world and no P5 program coach will come anywhere near our program especially if we fire CJP now. Fire him now and we'd be stuck settling for another Dooley hire and sink the program even further.

They arent developing the top recruits to begin with, so why does it matter if TN gives another coach a ridiculous buyout and start another disastrous coaching search. I say fold the damn football program and invest in the bball programs

It’s like they are standing there naked arguing with everyone that they do have clothes on.

Pruitt’s style of sticking with your QB no matter hasn’t worked in 20 years.
It’s astonishing how quickly everyone wants to blame the coach and fire him after a bad performance by a player. We keep getting 3 out of 5 recruiting classes and trying to compete with stable consistent programs. The game today was an embarrassment and just shouldn’t have happened, but at about ANY level of football if you don’t have a QB you won’t have a good team. Our QB has been awful and should’ve been a player to count on this year. Covid has messed up the ability to have Bailey ready with spring ball and camp, but I imagine they’re going to be bringing him along with the starters now. The fact is you had a QB turn the ball over 7 times in a 4qtr span between the 2nd half of GA and 1st of KY and NO ONE can win with that. Our D has been solid, but you can’t expect them to keep hanging in there when they never come off the field. Pruitt’s teams have gotten better as the year goes on each year and if he can get a QB to just play consistently and not give the ball to the other team over and over we might win a few more games. This one was on JG and he’s lost the confidence of his teammates. He needs to be done....not Pruitt

Reactions: Bergmuller
It’s astonishing how quickly everyone wants to blame the coach and fire him after a bad performance by a player. We keep getting 3 out of 5 recruiting classes and trying to compete with stable consistent programs. The game today was an embarrassment and just shouldn’t have happened, but at about ANY level of football if you don’t have a QB you won’t have a good team. Our QB has been awful and should’ve been a player to count on this year. Covid has messed up the ability to have Bailey ready with spring ball and camp, but I imagine they’re going to be bringing him along with the starters now. The fact is you had a QB turn the ball over 7 times in a 4qtr span between the 2nd half of GA and 1st of KY and NO ONE can win with that. Our D has been solid, but you can’t expect them to keep hanging in there when they never come off the field. Pruitt’s teams have gotten better as the year goes on each year and if he can get a QB to just play consistently and not give the ball to the other team over and over we might win a few more games. This one was on JG and he’s lost the confidence of his teammates. He needs to be done....not Pruitt

Yeah Pruitt keeps putting him out there
Not sure what the heck you are watching...
It Pruitt...
For the 20th time today IT'S PRUITT

What has to happen to move away from JG? Injury? He quits the team? Apparently, three turnovers isn't enough.
That's six (6) turnovers from JG in 4 quarters of play. Last two in Athens and the first two today. Plenty of blame to go around, but you can't trot him back out there. Anyone see the chart that showed his up and down rating over the years? How can any coach keep sending him out there? If there is not a better option than that's on the coaches in year three of your tenure.

Good post. You don't throw a freshman QB out onto an SEC field without a feel for the speed of the college game and some knowledge of the offense. COVID precluded that from happening. You skip these steps, you will do more harm in the development of the young man, and increase the chance of him getting hurt or trashing his confidence. Based on the 2 scrimmages where he took all the snaps, and his intro today, we will see a change at QB sooner, rather than later.

Reactions: -WillthaThrill-

VN Store

Back