Maurer transferring [fake news]

Gotta apologize to you. I used to give you crap about JG. I defended him way too long. But back to Maurer, I think he had some mental health issues that prevented him from progressing this year.
A lot of people are blowing that out of proportion. Those “mental health issues” have always been there. The problem is Pruitt hasn’t spent time to get to know him to understand him.

But here's the kicker, a backup QB has to be prepared to play at a moments notice. Backups are trained to be ready just like the starter. Also, you have to be a good QB against ALL your competition. He (or anyone we put out there) has to be good against stronger competition otherwise you cant play for UT because we play strong competition every single year.

I totally agree with this, but we have not seen our backups be coached or prepared by this staff.
They never even get to practice with the first team.

Reactions: cgrish and 99grad
If JG is playing poorly Saturday, turns the ball over once or twice and we are down say 10-14 points, does Pruitt make a change?

Sorry, meant my last post for you...You were very close in this Friday post my friend.

Last edited:
I think bailey has the most talent from a pure pocket passer standpoint but BM has dual threat ability
Look at their highlights and compare. When a qb throws for nearly 4000 yards in a 10 game season you can rest assured what’s posted was all game long. Maurer has the stronger arm and his accuracy is about the same. Bailey has better “mechanics”.

Look at their highlights and compare. When a qb throws for nearly 4000 yards in a 10 game season you can rest assured what’s posted was all game long. Maurer has the stronger arm and his accuracy is about the same. Bailey has better “mechanics”.

Bailey played much better competition.

Maurer- 60%, 7693 yards, 64 passing TDs, 35 INTs, 265 y/game, 12.5 average

Bailey- 66%, 9307 yards, 99 passing TDs, 21 INTs, 300 y/game, 14.9 average

Again, Bailey played against the toughest competition in the state of Georgia. That makes a huge difference.

Again, Bailey played against the toughest competition in the state of Georgia. That makes a huge difference.
It actually doesn’t when you take into consideration that his team around him was dominant over the competition. Maurer did what he did with no o line, no receivers, no RB and no defense. Think JG last week vs UGA in the second half and you’ll get an idea of what Maurer has to deal with on a weekly basis.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It actually doesn’t when you take into consideration that his team around him was dominant over the competition. Maurer did what he did with no o line, no receivers, no RB and no defense. Think JG last week vs UGA in the second half and you’ll get an idea of what Maurer has to deal with on a weekly basis.
😱 Come on dude, I really like Maurer, but you're carrying this love affair a bit to far...

Gotta apologize to you. I used to give you crap about JG. I defended him way too long. But back to Maurer, I think he had some mental health issues that prevented him from progressing this year.
First I've heard of it being an issue coming into the season.

You could argue this from now on... and it just doesn't matter. Bailey played against great competition. Maurer played with no talent around him. Bailey had better numbers... and also had Gilbert and other D1 level talent to throw to.

I'm ready to see the competition between those two now. We've seen MUCH too much of JG. We've seen enough of Shrout. Maurer showed flashes last year. Bailey appears to have some talent. And now... there's very little to lose in holding next year's QB competition this season.

You could argue this from now on... and it just doesn't matter. Bailey played against great competition. Maurer played with no talent around him. Bailey had better numbers... and also had Gilbert and other D1 level talent to throw to.

I'm ready to see the competition between those two now. We've seen MUCH too much of JG. We've seen enough of Shrout. Maurer showed flashes last year. Bailey appears to have some talent. And now... there's very little to lose in holding next year's QB competition this season.
A bit to late don't ya think. Having a comptetion now is a bit like bitching about whose idea it was to drain the swamp when you're knee deep in alligators..

The team around you makes a difference. If it didn’t JG would have no excuse two or three years ago.
Be objective here, Bailey does have more arm talent but Brian does moves better.

You don't pull your starting qb for a bad half. I think none of you have watched football before JG came here.

Bm turnover rate is astronomical.

JG literally has the lowest turnover rate in UT history, That was an aberration like Clausen with four fumbles in one half or Peyton with 4 ints in one half.

Dobbs was a much more accurate passer. Running game wasn't even on the same planet.

Two different qbs and situations.

That is funny. Yall will twist anything to minimize JG coming in and bailing us out.

BM was a true freshman and isn’t a 5th year senior.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back