We should have sucked up our pride and hired Lane Kiffin again or went with Mike Leach.

We could form a super team of our last 5 HCs

Fulmer - HC
Dooley - OC
Kiffin - QB
Pruitt - DC
Butch - Recruiting Coordinator

We could form a super team of our last 5 HCs

Fulmer - HC
Dooley - OC
Kiffin - QB
Pruitt - DC
Butch - Recruiting Coordinator

On paper.....it sounds amazing......it simply hasn’t worked one by one for whatever reason.

Don’t get me wrong.....Fulmer “worked” for Tennessee, for quite a while.

Leach is overrated and Lane is one co-ed scandal away from getting fired anywhere he coaches and putting the school on probation. All you have to do is ask folks who were at UT when Lane was up there. I actually like Lane as a coach but you got to do better than those two.

When Lane was here the one year you could see his coaching ability. Fulmer left no talent and he went 8-5 and should have beat Alabama. I think Leach has been wanting to come to Tennessee for a while but Tennessee wasn’t interested. We need a proven coach that doesn’t need 5 star players to win they just no how to coach.
That ship has sailed 🚢

Arkansas is looking like the best coached team in the SEC. 2 wins last year and should be 2-1 right now if the officials hadn't robbed them of the Auburn game

Reactions: BIGAL27
When Lane was here the one year you could see his coaching ability. Fulmer left no talent and he went 8-5 and should have beat Alabama. I think Leach has been wanting to come to Tennessee for a while but Tennessee wasn’t interested. We need a proven coach that doesn’t need 5 star players to win they just no how to coach.

To this day I'll never understand the attitude that UT fans had towards Kiffin. As you said, it was crystal clear that the guy could coach - he took a collection of garbage that he was left and competed, brought the program back to life. I had the sinking feeling when he left that we were in trouble, and the dreadful hiring of Dooley confirmed it before it even happened.

I'm not joining the 'fire Pruitt' choir because I sincerely believe he can complete the turnaround, something I never felt with Jones. He made a terrible mistake in judgment in continuing with Guarantano, but he may know that the kid needs more time and saw this as a transition season anyway.

Mike Leach sucks.

Yeah..... so far neither of these coaches have looked great either. Granted, they can generate actual offense though. Something our current staff struggles with.

I mean I guess Kiffin did beat UK....but other than that Ole Miss and Miss St. are both not looking too hot.

VN Store

Back