Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

Hey Bama's good but their defense isn't super, their offense is what carries them. Not saying they aren't a talented defense but it's no reason not to play Bailey. Heck it probably makes it tougher game planning for Bailey than it does JG, all the DC's know what JG can and can't do. They can't scheme for what they haven't seen. Heck I might go back and forth with Shrout or Bailey or Maurer into one catches fire. At least make their defense have to figure out what your doing instead of giving them the blueprint. But to keep Bailey totally out of the game, it's football anything can happen any week. Cut him loose and give the team a boost. GBO!

not worse than UTs
Tennessee didn't have it's best D game today and still struggles against the slant. But Kentucky has a good line and running backs and got so many gifts from our qb that they were able to wear us down running the ball. Having said that we aren't a terrible defense, when your O continues to not pick up first down and turns it over for points it tends to put you in a bad position. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: volsrock09
I would say start JG the first series then bring in Shrout the rest of the game. Let's at least see what Shrout can do. No reason to put out a true freshman against Bama.

If anything wait until Arkansas to start Bailey.
Arkansas D is probably better than Bama's. I think Bailey needs to at least get some snaps, to keep him out just because it's bama is kinda silly if you think about it. There are many defenses that grade out better than bama's I would venture to guess. Not saying they aren't talented but there are better defenses. GBO!!!!

Yeah let’s get that whole confidence thing crushed and outta the way

Hey Bama's good but their defense isn't super, their offense is what carries them. Not saying they aren't a talented defense but it's no reason not to play Bailey. Heck it probably makes it tougher game planning for Bailey than it does JG, all the DC's know what JG can and can't do. They can't scheme for what they haven't seen. Heck I might go back and forth with Shrout or Bailey or Maurer into one catches fire. At least make their defense have to figure out what your doing instead of giving them the blueprint. But to keep Bailey totally out of the game, it's football anything can happen any week. Cut him loose and give the team a boost. GBO!

In case you haven't noticed it Bama has not had a "Bama" type defense in many years. They play good defense, but no longer lights out. Ever since Saban took a major axx whoopin' years ago from Ohio State in the NC game, where the 3rd string QB took them to achool, his Bama teams have been all about outscoring everybody, not so much stopping everybody.

Can't agree more here.
The East is out of the question, you'll still likely get to a lower tier bowl game.

All the positives outweigh the negatives...team regains confidence, HB gets valuable experience, Offense has a chance to.gel in game situations that you can't practice, and you show the recruits you are moving forward with the rebuild.

Yeah
This irrational fan base confidence he’s the savior of UT football

I haven’t seen anyone say he’s the savior. Could he develop into a good qb? Maybe. But why not play him if the coaches refuse to believe JT or BM can develop?

JG suffers from maturation attest. The mental game will progress no further. Let’s take our licks and get the young guns done experience

Partially agree. I would rather take our lumps with anyone else than “play our best option” with JG (whatever that means).

VN Store

Back