Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

I am usually a big fan of Fulmer, but this is why "YOU DON'T GIVE UNDESERVED CONTRACT EXTENSIONS TO COACHES THAT HASN'T EARNED IT!" This is how you end up paying coaches not to coach for years!!!
While I agree with the performance. We are stuck with Pruitt from a stability standpoint for at least 2 more years. That contract had to be made.

Lol right. When he started talking about habits I was like "wtf". I just don't get this dude. One week he's firing up his team and they play well, then the next he doesn't care and the wheels fall off. Why is consistency such an issue!?
Like our last two coaching hires, he’s in over his head. The guy has never coached anything without elite talent. We are reaping the results of that.

The D wore out. JG gave them 17 points. It isn't "just" JG... but it starts there. UT will not get better until opposing DC's have MUCH more difficulty preparing to stop UT's QB.
Our guys quit on CJP. Players don’t quit on coaches who motivate them. He’s a DC but not a head coach.

Last edited:
He talks to the press and us like we don’t know how the sport works.

No, we aren’t the X and O’s kind of guy that he is, but our fan base, more than anyone else, knows what poor development and bad play looks like. He has no right to treat us like a bunch of idiots.

It’s not just a JG issue. CJP is a DC and that’s it.
The D wore out. JG gave them 17 points. It isn't "just" JG... but it starts there. UT will not get better until opposing DC's have MUCH more difficulty preparing to stop UT's QB.

Reactions: BSAvol
True. I think the new strategy from defenses that aren't capable of generating the pressure UGA did is to just sit back to avoid giving up big plays and wait for JG to force a throw. The offense has been able to survive with JG against most teams as long as they don't turn it over. If turnovers pop up, they can lose to anyone because there's not enough of a passing game to recover from those mistakes. At this point, if your senior QB is making bad mistakes and not able to recover from them, you might as well take your lumps with the talented freshman if he's able to balance out the bad plays with good plays.

The defense is fine, they were just on the field too much. I actually think the o-line is ok and will get better. The rest of this season will depend on QB play. Against a team like Kentucky, you can probably play conservative, lean on the run game, protect the ball, and end up winning a close one. Against a decent team like Florida, A&M, and Auburn...you need to have more consistency throwing the ball. I hope they turn the reigns over to Bailey and not ask him to do too much right now.

Like our last two coaching hires, he’s in over his head. The guy has never coached anything without elite talent. We are reaping the results of that.
It's still no excuse imo. He supposedly has one of the best FB minds in all of college FB plus he has a group of seasoned coaches, top 15 recruiting classes, and Phil frikin Fulmer as AD. He has all those assets and get's blown out by KY.

The D wore out. JG gave them 17 points. It isn't "just" JG... but it starts there. UT will not get better until opposing DC's have MUCH more difficulty preparing to stop UT's QB.[/Quote

I disagree. To a point, it’s a JG issue but a real head coach does things to endure the team doesn’t quit on him. Like CJP’s first year, this team has quit on him. Teams don’t quit on a a coach that motivates them. Poor schemes and poor motivation have looking forward to next year, again.

VN Store

Back