I’m over Pruitt and Chaney

For a while I thought to myself that surely Pruitt has to see that if he sticks with JG he will be fired.

Then I thought, maybe he doesn’t care? If he does get fired, he gets a fat buyout and it’ll only be a year or two before Saban hires him back to fix the defense there and he knows how to be successful in a program where it recruits itself.

I’m not suggesting that he wants to fail. Just that he knows it’s not the end of his world if he does.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I would gladly take UKs staff over ours at this point. They’ve gotten more out of their very average recruiting classes than Pruitt has even come close to getting out of this team that is littered with 4 and 5* recruits. Without good coaches, the Jimmy’s and Joe’s don’t know which way to go!

It's almost like we should stop declaring a coach is "THE guy" so prematurely.

Dooley was "THE guy"; Butch was "THE guy", and Pruitt was declared "THE guy". Almost like we should wait until at least through the 3rd season to even start to talk about whether a coach is "THE guy".

I would gladly take UKs staff over ours at this point. They’ve gotten more out of their very average recruiting classes than Pruitt has even come close to getting out of this team that is littered with 4 and 5* recruits. Without good coaches, the Jimmy’s and Joe’s don’t know which way to go!

Lol, no thanks. Stoops has already hit his ceiling.

Pruitt and Chaney are handcuffed by themselces and their qb. Guarantano is not the answer. People can say what they want, but I wasn't and still am not a fan of Chaney. He is a name with a fairly complicated system that is hard to teach and execute. When perfected it is amazing, but how few QBs have we ever seen perfect it? There is no reason we shouldn't be a 450ypg of offense team.

This game was embarrassing for the coaching staff. They need to all of them look at themselves in the mirror. Each Member of the Team needs to look at themselves in the Mirror. Then lets see how this season finishes out. All of them need to scrimmage tomorrow night. In CHRIST Alone.

I don’t think Cheney is the problem. I think Cheney would play a different QB if he could.

Pure speculation here but I think you’re right. I feel bad for him honestly. I think he loves UT and bleeds orange but he stays in his lane. In other words, he’s not the type to tell the HC what to do. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. In this case though somebody needs to speak up... and his voice should carry the most weight

Excellent ireply.

Thank you for your input.

One thing we know with out a doubt is that CJP is only a "great" coach whem his talent is vastly superior to his opponents.....

Then we remember Georgia State and realize he isnt even a great coach then.
Look at MSU.. Sucks bad again.

Well that ceiling appears to be much higher than ours, so...

Their ceiling is a 10 win season and winning the Citrus Bowl. Now if that's what you want to get to, then fine but at that point we'll need to quit acting like we'll ever be annual SEC Champion contenders. I get we haven't been there in a long time but it was my impression that as a fanbase that's been our expectation. But if 10 wins and a Citrus Bowl as a ceiling is the goal, then sure let's hire Stoops.

It’s like they are standing there naked arguing with everyone that they do have clothes on.

Pruitt’s style of sticking with your QB no matter hasn’t worked in 20 years.

Chaney has a good offensive mind but he's not that creative and doesn't make good adjustments at half.

VN Store

Back