The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it’s my birthday?

seriously though because there’s nothing you or anyone on this board can do about it. HB going in signaled change is coming. We knew that JG did stuff like this and if he’s still the best option would it make you happy to see us lose with a different number under center?

Putting emotion aside, we have a QB problem and that shouldn’t surprise anyone. Develop HB and move on with whatever the record is. What good does it serve to gripe about obvious facts we already know?
I know that, just saying, there's no proof any of the qb's have been developed. I also don't think putting HB signals anything. Did it last year when Maurer or Shrout were put in? I hope I'm wrong but I don't have any faith at this point.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Someone please convince me that Jim Chaney is a good (even mediocre) OC.

To me, he is very predictable. He depends upon the fade pattern, even though he has a terrible QB trying to throw it even close to consistently. Short slants are easiest for QB to throw, but he rarely calls. Could go on and on, but any defense should not have a problem defending his calls.

And Weinke, not a QB coach. Has taken a bad QB and made him worse.

We have real problems, but it sounds as if Pruitt is going to keep doing what he has been doing, which is not working.
If he had a QB he would be a good offensive coordinator

We could have ran the damn ball down their throat if we had just had that as the game plan instead of getting pass happy with a (hopefully now defunct) 5th yr senior deficient QB, but once we were behind th 8 ball, it spiraled, this better be the low point of the season or this might get uglier than it already is

I agree the defense needs to be shored up...especially slants and middle of the field...there is a lot of blame on this staff all the way up to fulmer
Agreed. I wish someone would remind Fulmer that he has been fired once already for complacency. He'll probably tell JP that they need to work like heck.

Go from a prominent SEC team with a standard of winning , expectation of beating KY, Vandy, SC and being competitive with Ga and FL to this. Idk what Vols did to piss God off but it’s not getting better or looking good.I understand the loss to Ga but KY? For you all been following this longer than me , is this a internal issue or just JP still adjusting to being a Head coach?
Both.

He was in quarantine and literally couldn't take personal reps with other players. Then when he came back he looked rusty and Pruitt said "I don't have time to work with a 4th string quarterback," and only worked with JG and Shrout. Now I see why Maurer tweeted about it messing a QB up when he only gets to watch other QBs take snaps and doesn't get any of his own.
Again, it is a game. Know the plays and you have tackled 75% of the game prep. He has probably played football since six years old so again, the game isn't a new concept. People like you are why this country is ****ing going to ****, always making excuses. Nobody says he won't make mistakes. It is what we learn and how we grow from those mistakes that define us.

I attribute much of that to Gray. He’s a really good back. Can’t do it all on his own, but he makes some good moves I just haven’t seen out of a back in a while at UT. But yes, I think you’re right. The lack of competence is really starting to show within the coaching staff. Sad state....still.
So far, Eric Gray showing improvement breaking arm tackles and getting YAC is about the only positive I've been able to get out of this game.

We've got him one more year.

He was in quarantine and literally couldn't take personal reps with other players. Then when he came back he looked rusty and Pruitt said "I don't have time to work with a 4th string quarterback," and only worked with JG and Shrout. Now I see why Maurer tweeted about it messing a QB up when he only gets to watch other QBs take snaps and doesn't get any of his own.
Pretty sure most of volnation would take a rusty H.B. over a 100% JG. The fallacy that many believe that H.B. will be a JG is baffling. Every individual reacts differently under fire. I am tired of the excuses.

I’m not particularly proud of this but this is the first Tennessee football game I’ve watched on tv (not on my phone while out somewhere) that I’ve watched the entirety of sober since 2013 (Missouri).

I will never let that happen again.

I recall we were down at the half 17 - 7 and UK only had 70 yards of total offense. THAT'S how bad our offense is. Our defense can play winning football but NOT when in the last 6 quarters of football we've been outscored 57 - 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back