Is Pruitt a Dead Man Walking?

Okay, I wrote it, flame away.

My confidence in CJP is waning heavily. His absolute bull headiness over the JG situation is very troubling. It is totally inexcusable for a Power 5 head coach today to continue to play a QB for 3 years (4 years total) that is as borderline mediocre as JG. CJP has had ample time to find and coach up a replacement and either he has failed or he is too stubborn or scared to make a change. Many Power 5 teams have played freshmen (including true freshmen) when starting QB’s fail to produce consistently. Clemson with Taylor Lawrence, Ohio State with Justin Fields, Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia with Jake Fromm and I could go on and on but you know this truth as well as I do.

I suspect CJP will get this year and the next but all bets are off in 2022. His only possible saving grace is that JG will HAVE TO LEAVE the program after starting again next year (his 5th) and CJP will be forced to find another QB. Hopefully HB will stick around and save CJP’s job because I believe he is the real deal and will lead Tennessee back to top as he led his high school team to the Georgia state championship.

STOP THE PRESSES ... as I’m writing this HB has gone into the game and we’re moving the ball ... WOOHOO ... ‘bout dang time !!!

Crap ... we didn’t score but I saw enough in those 3 minutes to give me a glimmer of hope and I hope CJP did too.

MAKE THE CHANGE !!! GBO !!!

I'm not sure how good Bailey will be but the rest is a fair criticism.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

My confidence in CJP is waning heavily. His absolute bull headiness over the JG situation is very troubling. It is totally inexcusable for a Power 5 head coach today to continue to play a QB for 3 years (4 years total) that is as borderline mediocre as JG. CJP has had ample time to find and coach up a replacement and either he has failed or he is too stubborn or scared to make a change. Many Power 5 teams have played freshmen (including true freshmen) when starting QB’s fail to produce consistently. Clemson with Taylor Lawrence, Ohio State with Justin Fields, Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia with Jake Fromm and I could go on and on but you know this truth as well as I do.

I suspect CJP will get this year and the next but all bets are off in 2022. His only possible saving grace is that JG will HAVE TO LEAVE the program after starting again next year (his 5th) and CJP will be forced to find another QB. Hopefully HB will stick around and save CJP’s job because I believe he is the real deal and will lead Tennessee back to top as he led his high school team to the Georgia state championship.

STOP THE PRESSES ... as I’m writing this HB has gone into the game and we’re moving the ball ... WOOHOO ... ‘bout dang time !!!

Crap ... we didn’t score but I saw enough in those 3 minutes to give me a glimmer of hope and I hope CJP did too.

Yes

Just fire Pruitt, let Martin become the interim coach. Then hire Martin as the coach......but make sure to fire him right after he wins the National Championship.....cause the next year will suck.

I'd say athletic departments are hemorrhaging money in covid. Nobody is going anywhere.

That's my thought too as much as it sickens me. Not sure what Pruitt's buyout is, but I'm guessing bits higher than what UT is willing to pay right now.

Reactions: allvol123
Year 3 should have been a major improvement and if anything, the players stopped playing today. 5 or 6 years and he will join Butch on the buyout train smoking cigars with Tide players on the 3rd week in October.

Tennessee continues to shat the bed, while we extend mediocre coaches for millions of dollars. Tennessee football had been dead for years 10 years or more, face it folks Tennessee will never get back to an elite level..
They can if they can hire an actual great head coach. While we go out and get guys like Pruitt and Butch other programs are getting Kirby Smart and Dan Mullen.

Yes he’s a dead man waking, but he gets at least 2 more years.

The trajectory of the program has been up. We are going to have to figure out the QB position. If you think Pruitt gets fired after getting an extension this year you are crazy.

Reactions: coach799
Bailey was committed long before Haynes King was on their radar. Additionally, I say this again.... The idea that Pruitt signed a 5 star QB while deep down he didn't really want the guy in his 3rd year is downright laughable and foolish. It wasn't like his first class where he could take any 4/5 star player that he could get his hands on. To say Bailey wasn't wanted is just dumb. You even just admitted in your moronic logic.

I think, hope I’m wrong Bailey is overrated he was a 4 star. barely got his 5th played on a real good team. I hope I’m wrong but the HS film I’ve watched he looks like a lot of other 3& 4 star QB but he can get his chance and still have 5 Years to play 4 in 2021. It would have been good if JP had put JT or Bailey in to the UGA game When out of reach. just to hand off to get rid of the initial butterflies. Couldn’t understand that thinking. UGA would have put their backups in. Hindsight’s 20/20.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
How do say the trajectory has been up?
Because it has been. How do you say it has been down? He took over a team that couldn't win a SEC game. Turnovers the last 6 quarters is making this seem way worst than it actually is. Our roster is better.

Reactions: coach799
Lol. You people are funny. Thought he was the savior 2 weeks ago when we had an 8 game winning streak. Now he's a dead man walking...

Pretty impossible to read anything into this year with COVID. Just be happy we have football to watch.

VN Store

Back