The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pride myself in being a realist. And, I have not called for benching JG yet. But, there's just no future in keeping him out there going forward. We supposedly have a stud OL and strong running backs. Put in another QB, rely more on the run game while that QB gets comfortable, and move forward.

Also, for me, this is the first chink in Pruitt's armor. Tennessee looked strong this season up until the second half of the Georgia game. But, how did they respond to adversity? They looked shaken. Most of the blame is on JG. But the offensive game plan has been terrible as well. Let's just hope the wheels don't come off completely this year.
tenor.gif

Obviously we know about JG but apparently he was sick today. Clearly it affected his play. When he's not playing well he's really not playing well

People need to relax. It’s a freaking game and yeah, we stunk it up. You can’t have a QB like JG GIVE the other team 14 and magically become good again. We hoped he got better but JG gonna JG. Great human but not a good QB.

We are a QB away from being a solid team.

HB needs reps and needs to be the man going forward. Not sure if I play him against Bama but why the heck not at this point.

Coaches need to be held accountable for the 2nd half. Had a chance to come back but really didn’t put players in good positions. We clearly got shell shocked and didn’t come out of it. Everyone has to step up here on out.

The Vols lost to UK on my birthday. That’s the real issue here. Can someone please tell the AD and CJP this is unacceptable!!??
Why should we relax? JG will continue to be the starter and continue to cost us games. Pruitt and Co. have already proven they won't take him out until we're behind a couple TD's. Then proceed to put him back in and hope for a miracle.

In the pick the score contest I had KY scoring 20. Their offense scored 20. JG gives them 14. Taadah, 34.

If you can't beat or match an offense scoring 20 in the SEC, you got problems. And that we have. You can now start by getting rid of your #1 liability. Relegating JG to QB2 or 3 might save you 14-17 ppg.....or God forbid more if you actually score.

JG should never start again his time is up and he is a disappointment ... Time to use these games to get Bailey ready for next year... No more wasting time on jg development because he has hit his ceiling .

Anyone who still defends JG is a complete moron, and should just be quiet. He should have been benched forever ago, and 99% of the fans have been done with him for a VERY long time. He was booed today, at home, and today wasn't even the 1st time, or 1st season, that JG has been booed at home. What a damn disgrace

8 weeks after fall practice started. You try again.
Not trying... Stating fact.... Not coming in having had nothing... true... No live game reps... But reps. And he is behind because of covid issues... Gotta to know the offense and calls..and checks... Not just throw the ball. Just silly

Take away the pick 6s and we still lose. This is more than JG. This team has not progressed under Pruitt.
The pick 6s took the wind out of the entire team. It changed the momentum. TN was whipping KY at the line of scrimmage on both sides until the pick 6s. You can not say the rest of the game would have played out the way it did without the pick 6s. No way to know how it would have gone, but the pick 6s definately changed the road in which that game took. (In addition to the stupid fumble by JG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back