What's the problem?

CJP appears to be a big step up from coaching we’ve had recently. Failure to have a QB ready is beyond excuse. There’s no defense for it.

Wish I could agree but it doesn’t look that way. Did Butch get owned by UK at home? Did he get owned by Georgia State and BYU? Nope. Pruitt is making Butch look like a stud HC.

I think he’ll win enough to be here longer than that.
I don’t believe he’ll win any championships.

here’s to hoping I’m wrong. I usually am.

I was just saying that the only thing I'm sure of as of right this moment is Pruitt isn't the guy. I've seen enough now in 2+ seasons to know who he is. In 2+ seasons he has losses to Vanderbilt, Georgia State, BYU, and now Kentucky. He's not the guy. Everything else from here on out will simply serve to delay the inevitability of having to look for another coach.

Reactions: EZE and OldVolMan
No quarterback therefore no offense, no defense, the “great offensive line” were supposed to have no showed. Kentucky played under control and decently but the entire loss is on us because of horrible play!

I was just saying that the only thing I'm sure of as of right this moment is Pruitt isn't the guy. I've seen enough now in 2+ seasons to know who he is. In 2+ seasons he has losses to Vanderbilt, Georgia State, BYU, and now Kentucky. He's not the guy. Everything else from here on out will simply serve to delay the inevitability of having to look for another coach.

Our university isn’t going through that again any time soon. CJP is here for a while to come.

How many other teams interviewed Pruitt for their head coaching vacancies?

Not with JG
Does not matter who the QB was. He at least showed he was competent enough as a head coach to beat those two programs while he was here.

Pruitt has not shown in any way that he's a competent head coach yet.

Reactions: EZE
Not with JG

It’s on our coaches that we had to take Maurer and Strout instead of better QBs. CJPs stay at Tennessee will come down to how good HB turns out to be.
The inability to develop the other QBs doesn’t leave me with a lot of hope

Reactions: TAZVOL75
Our university isn’t going through that again any time soon. CJP is here for a while to come.

I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is whether it's a year, two years, or three years from now, Pruitt is not the long-term answer here. He IS a dead man walking. It just sucks that we have to wait so long to see it all play out.

Does not matter who the QB was. He at least showed he was competent enough as a head coach to beat those two programs while he was here.

Pruitt has not shown in any way that he's a competent head coach yet.
If Dobbs is a QB with CJP then everyone would think CJP was a god.

I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is whether it's a year, two years, or three years from now, Pruitt is not the long-term answer here. He IS a dead man walking. It just sucks that we have to wait so long to see it all play out.
I’ve come to believe that there is no “Answer” for Tennessee. We are who we’ve been the last 15 years. The 90s were an aberration. We are not a regular champions contender and never will be.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
10 quarters in and I said we are back. Then JG lays an egg in the second half and then again in this game.

Did we overlook KY? Are the good? Do we suck?

I say develop HB from here on out. Schedule gets harder. Not gonna win the East.

Please someone now explain how we will finish with only 3 or 4 losses this season.

And for those still defending Pruitt after this embarrassment. Keep defending him and enjoy these 5 to 7 loss seasons while he's here. That's probably the best we will be while he's here.

If Dobbs is a QB with CJP then everyone would think CJP was a god.
This coaching staff under Pruitt hasn't shown the ability to develop and help improve QB play.

Butch was a better coach than Pruitt. Sorry you can't realize that by now.

It's Pruitt...

Exactly, regardless of how bad JG is, Pruitt is the one that keeps allowing him out on the field and then goes out of his way to hype him up.
The end of last year was won Despite of JG, not because of him.

Pruitt is also the one that keeps throwing his backups to the wolves for a single do or die drive and when they inevitably fail he just uses that to back up JG. JG is given every chance while the others never get any real chance and can never get any rhythm because they are immediately benched after one drive.

Reactions: EZE and DonjoVol

VN Store

Back