'21 GA ATH Christian Charles (Tennessee signee)

So numbers are tight and we land another 3 star. Great.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like this happens every year though. We are over our numbers already, still in on some really big fish, and we land a commit from a relatively unknow. I'll defer to the staffs eval on him. They get paid millions not me. But it does make you wonder who isn't making grades, or maybe we changed our minds on someone already committed.

Congrats on picking Orange!

I find it a little hard to believe a kid with this kind of speed has eluded the sights of Smart, Saban, Day, Mullen, Swinney etc.

Looks like we're moving on from our top targets to the under the radar/diamonds in the rough type prospects.

Reactions: alexvol
Yep. We will likely fall out of the top 10.
With the current class it is an absolute certainty, however a lot will change between now and December. If the Vols can land Tywone Malone for example then they will finish in the 8 - 10 range. If we upgrade some more then we will finish even better. Time will tell.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
He's far better than any three star in the area. He didn't go to camps or play the recruiting game.
I have no idea about "star ratings" but he was offered by the AF and Army. Assuming that is true, this tells me he has very good grades and is a high character kid. Congrats to him on making the best of what God given talent he has, whatever that might be and wherever it may take him.

His video looks about as good as any 5-star. Why do you believe he is not a take. Be specific.
The coaching staff apparently believes he is a take. My point was most on Volnation were not anticipating his offer and commitment. He wasn't on our radar much if any on Volnation; he certainly didn’t have a heavily commented thread going like what we perceive as our remaining targets – Green, Mondon, TID, etc.; at least until he committed. He is rated a middling 3 star on Rivals and isn't even rated by 247. The class is full and we will have to let some already committed go if some of the big names left want a spot. His commitment would only seem to exacerbate that situation. So from the prospective of us amateurs why would we offer? The coaches obviously know much more about these guys than we do, but I don’t remember seeing many if any anxiously awaiting his decision like say a Mims. I think had you polled Volnation as to if Charles was a take, given the reasons I have outlined, a significant majority would have said no. So my point, as stated was, if we are honest most of us would not have taken this kid. But we will all say we were high on him all along if/when he proves to be a player.

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
With the current class it is an absolute certainty, however a lot will change between now and December. If the Vols can land Tywone Malone for example then they will finish in the 8 - 10 range. If we upgrade some more then we will finish even better. Time will tell.

Hope so. However teams below us like UNC and UGA aren’t full and they will jump us in the rankings. I feel we finish between 12-15 this year. That’s middle of the SEC yet again. It seems that’s where we are stuck at.

Hope so. However teams below us like UNC and UGA aren’t full and they will jump us in the rankings. I feel we finish between 12-15 this year. That’s middle of the SEC yet again. It seems that’s where we are stuck at.
With an Elite QB...that can flip everything!

I have a feeling there will be a lot of decommits and flips in November and December. With no camps a lot of kids committed early. There will be a lot of changes based on senior year tape

I have no idea about "star ratings" but he was offered by the AF and Army. Assuming that is true, this tells me he has very good grades and is a high character kid. Congrats to him on making the best of what God given talent he has, whatever that might be and wherever it may take him.
No reflection on this recruit, but having had a son attend one of the military academies, you are misinformed concerning recruited athletes all having very good grades. Some of the athletes aren’t appointed via the same process as the general academy student.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
No reflection on this recruit, but having had a son attend one of the military academies, you are misinformed concerning recruited athletes all having very good grades. Some of the athletes aren’t appointed via the same process as the general academy student.
Thank you for that information. I guess I shouldn't assume anything!

I think we probably finish in the 11 to 13 range. We need athletes like this young man to develop and help us out in a couple of years.

Reactions: yourstruly23

VN Store

Back