Lady Vols hit the Court first day of practice.

Lady Vols Hit Court For First Official Practice - University of Tennessee Athletics

That Jordan Walker dribble crossover drive to the basket looks good. Burrell getting praise from the coach.

Crossover ..... actually a cross body behind her back .... really a smooth move and among traffic ! I canā€™t wait to watch this lady handle the ball ! What wizardry is coming next ? šŸ˜

Everybody on the court with her better be ready ... no telling when or where the ball is coming to them !

Everybody on the court with her better be ready ... no telling when or where the ball is coming to them !

This is basically the root cause of all the turnovers that Tennessee has been plagued with for the last decade.

Meighan, Diamond, Te'a, Evina, Annie and Jordan are waiting with bated breath :p

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This is basically the root cause of all the turnovers that Tennessee has been plagued with for the last decade.

Meighan, Diamond, Te'a, Evina, Annie and Jordan are waiting with bated breath :p

you maybe right .... but this is a point guard with skills that might change things ? I have seen us throw baseball type passes at players too close , passes at players feet , over heads into the stands ! Really silly passing mistakes when not necessary.

A true point will penetrate and dish to a open player or take the shot if left alone . I have not seen much from this player but the interaction during and after practice tape looks revealing! JMO

Wait and see I guess ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

That move by Jordan WalkeršŸ„µ

I know! :eek: That was the best thing I saw. I also liked seeing, at the end, Salary's outgoing personality. Sometimes freshmen hang back and are quiet and too intimidated by the upperclassmen to mix it up with them, but she was at total ease cutting up with Rennia and Jordan -- even getting them back on track with "we gotta handle business here first." That's a great sign.

Last edited:
I know! :eek: That was the best thing I saw. I also liked seeing, at the end, Salary's outgoing personality. Sometimes freshmen hang back and are quiet and too intimidated by the upperclassmen to mix it up with them, but she was at total ease cutting up with Rennia and Jordan -- even getting them back on track with "we gotta handle business here first." That's a great sign.
lol Destiny is outgoing knew shed fit in perfectly with the others....cant wait to see what she does on the court

Reactions: Hangtyme24
you maybe right .... but this is a point guard with skills that might change things ? I have seen us throw baseball type passes at players too close , passes at players feet , over heads into the stands ! Really silly passing mistakes when not necessary.

A true point will penetrate and dish to a open player or take the shot if left alone . I have not seen much from this player but the interaction during and after practice tape looks revealing! JMO

Wait and see I guess ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

"Wait and see" is what I'm thinking. Jordan reminds me in a lot of ways of Meighan Simmons. The question regarding her (and Keyen) is if they can translate their performance in the mid-major against stronger competition. I don't think either player has competed against the top teams/players in the country, so the adjustment will be crucial.

"Wait and see" is what I'm thinking. Jordan reminds me in a lot of ways of Meighan Simmons. The question regarding her (and Keyen) is if they can translate their performance in the mid-major against stronger competition. I don't think either player has competed against the top teams/players in the country, so the adjustment will be crucial.

We'll see in about a month and a half....
In the mean time, practice perfect practice.

lol Destiny is outgoing knew shed fit in perfectly with the others....cant wait to see what she does on the court

Same here. I just wish things were back to normal so we could more accurately compare the progress returnees made in the offseason. The way it is now, with how the offseason was necessarily altered, the players really can't be evaluated in quite the same way they would have been evaluated in the past because their workouts were disrupted and likely tedious under COVID protocols.

Do most Womenā€™s teams use male practice players and do the practice players get any benefit besides a workout?
lol they get gear....but mainly this allows male players to stay in the game and sometimes opens a pathway to coaching like for John Harper who was a practice player once.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the video. I would have liked a more distanced view of the action. Better to analyze what is going on.

Here are a few honest observations. Itā€™s not all positive but donā€™t get your noses out of joint. Itā€™s just one manā€˜s opinion.

I am so impressed with the shape Coach Harper is in. She looks so fit. A great example for her players. And that no-blow whistle is very cool.

Looks to me that KK lost a little weight. That should help her be quicker this year.

Looks like Saunders found that weight. If itā€™s good weight and she is stronger this season, it will help her battle down low. With her nice 10 little jumper, she could find more playing time.

Suarez is a big kid. Someone mentioned slow footed. I agree but if she is like most European players, her smarts will get her in the right places.

The quickest player to me was Burrell. I believe she is the most talented player on the roster and will be a big reason for any success the Lady Vols have.

Thatā€˜s about it from the Rutgers point of view.

Really enjoyed the video. I would have liked a more distanced view of the action. Better to analyze what is going on.

Here are a few honest observations. Itā€™s not all positive but donā€™t get your noses out of joint. Itā€™s just one manā€˜s opinion.

I am so impressed with the shape Coach Harper is in. She looks so fit. A great example for her players. And that no-blow whistle is very cool.

Looks to me that KK lost a little weight. That should help her be quicker this year.

Looks like Saunders found that weight. If itā€™s good weight and she is stronger this season, it will help her battle down low. With her nice 10 little jumper, she could find more playing time.

Suarez is a big kid. Someone mentioned slow footed. I agree but if she is like most European players, her smarts will get her in the right places.

The quickest player to me was Burrell. I believe she is the most talented player on the roster and will be a big reason for any success the Lady Vols have.

What about Key....

You mentioned Rae Burrell , one of my all time favorites! I have called her : ā€œ The steal of 2018 class !ā€ Her rankings started out in the fifties but ended up at #43 !

I mention this because of all of the negativity on this forum . This same class had Rhyne Howard rated in the 32 ? And we know how she turned out !!!
Just recently we have a verbal from a (Juersie )girl that is rated at #33 as a Sophomore! Could she become another (Rhyne Howard ?). Letā€™s see where she finishes and how about waiting till you see her play a game at UT ..... Then you might have a right to be negative about such a recruiting mistake . JMO

Rennia will get alot of attention this season and you can always count on her to have solid games. Looking forward to seeing how Rae develops this season(mainly cutting down the turnovers:confused:)
rae-burrell-sc.jpg

VN Store

Back