R-E-L-A-X, we are much improved.

Whether you accept it or not is immaterial. Your righteous indignation has no effect on what happens with the team. I cannot understand why the Negavols bother with something that makes them so unhappy. The only say you have is with your money. Ranting on a message board does nothing. I wish there was a little semi-sensical football talk on here once and awhile.

tenor.gif

The point was that ranting on here has no effect on the team. My rant was that adults should be able to discuss football football and reason together, but the kids have taken over the adult table.

So your idea of promoting "adult discussion" was to post a sanctimonious rant complaining about everyone else's chosen topics of discussion?

Seems logical.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
Whether you accept it or not is immaterial. Your righteous indignation has no effect on what happens with the team. I cannot understand why the Negavols bother with something that makes them so unhappy. The only say you have is with your money. Ranting on a message board does nothing. I wish there was a little semi-sensical football talk on here once and awhile.
Most on here have had the conversation you speak of.....but you feel so self important that you need to start a thread instead of being an adult and either ignoring those post or and here a concept. Dont open them!!!!... so here is your attention and your participation trophy...enjoy!!!🥇🏆

Same here. As a we land I used to listed to Neyland coached teams via radio
Never listened to a Neyland coached team but listened to manny game on the radio when there was only on game on tv and it was always Notre Dame seems like.

Never listened to a Neyland coached team but listened to manny game on the radio when there was only on game on tv and it was always Notre Dame seems like.

I must be getting old. I meant to type "as a wee lad". We used to listen to Notre Dame too. My Dad was raised Roman Catholic and Notre Dame was almost a national team for Catholics. My Dad told me that when he was growing up in Pennsylvania in the '20's and 30's, there were two teams that seemed to capture the most national attention, Knute Rockne's Notre Dame and Neylands Tennessee Vols.

My word. I can barely read anything on this board, it's like watching a bunch of toddlers have a tantrum because mama won't buy them a chocolate bar. Last year the come apart was because we lost to Georgia State, this year it is just as bad beacuse we lost to Georgia. People Georgia is maybey the best team in the country. Some of you need to get a grip. I really believe that losing bets and just plain football ignorance is the biggest problem for many on here.

All areas are improved but ONE.

And that's why people are upset.

Because it's been almost 4 years of the same damn thing as to why we lose!! And now that we have TWO Elite 11 QBs , he won't let either get on the field to replace the incumbent. IOW there is great talent just sitting on the bench....and THAT is B grade coaching....

My word. I can barely read anything on this board, it's like watching a bunch of toddlers have a tantrum because mama won't buy them a chocolate bar. Last year the come apart was because we lost to Georgia State, this year it is just as bad beacuse we lost to Georgia. People Georgia is maybey the best team in the country. Some of you need to get a grip. I really believe that losing bets and just plain football ignorance is the biggest problem for many on here.

The majority of the people complaining about the loss to UGA are not upset that we lost but how we lost. We compete for one half then look like a complete pile of chit in the second half. Over the past several years, the Vols have helped the other team by constantly sh!tting the bed in big games. It is not an unreasonable expectation to expect a better showing even in a loss to superior team.

The majority of the people complaining about the loss to UGA are not upset that we lost but how we lost. We compete for one half then look like a complete pile of chit in the second half. Over the past several years, the Vols have helped the other team by constantly sh!tting the bed in big games. It is not an unreasonable expectation to expect a better showing even in a loss to superior team.
Exactly....

OP is acting like we shouldn't be upset.
Ridiculous....

I understand, I was as pissed as anyone. The vast majority of the problems in the second half was due to Georgia's talent and depth. We are not there yet and for the time being we have to accept that and not have unreasonable expectations. Expecting to beat Georgia was unreasonable, but it was fun to dream. If we would have beaten them the earth would have opened and swallowed the moon.

Reactions: MiramarVol
I don't really care but it is really irritating when people try to post sane and rational stuff and some Negavol has to say "but we Lost to GA ST"
You care so little you started a post about it.

Personally, I don't think it's "Nega" to point out concerning things. We've had so many coach lovers in the past that believed Butch was truly putting together "the best staff in America" and that all those Dooley 3* were "diamonds in the rough" and "trust the process" also the classic "maybe you should be coach"

I think it was legitime at the time to be concerned about Ga State. That game was part of a streak where we lost to Mizzou by 33, Vandy by 25, Ga St by 8 and BYU by 3. I think it also speaks to a larger trend of where we don't always plan and adjust very well.

Currently I think it's completely valid to ask if Friend is properly coaching our 5* linemen.

It think it's completely valid to question why Chaney doesn't coach qbs. Could that be why JG is currently the best we have?

Sometimes coaches are not as smart as you think they are. It took multiple injuries for Butch to get the right players on the field.

Did anyone actually think it was a good idea for Dooley to hire a first time coordinator and completely change schemes his last year?

I think JP is better than the last two hires but I don't think he'll ever sniff an NC. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll recruit at a higher level or start out coaching people. He'll have to do one or the other to win the SEC.

If this makes me "toddlerish" in your eyes that's absolutely something I can live with.
Don't read or respond to stuff you don't like. Put people on ignore and quit telling people what to think and move on. You're happy where we are, that's great for you.

I don't hate Pruitt or anyone for that matter. I have hated his results at times. So far this season we've performed to the level or our talent once.

We were lucky to beat an inferior SC team.

Without a gifted touchdown, Kirby passing on two field goals and a couple other boneheaded calls the UGA score could have looked far worse.

I've been a Vol fan 32 years longer than Pruitt has so I'll be upset if I want to.

For the life of me I'll never understand why people create threads like this. Stating your opinion is fine. Disagreeing with someone else's opinion and discussing -- even arguing -- is fine. But this cub scout den mother lecturing is another thing altogether. Maybe OP was bored and/or just looking for attention. If so, then the part about it being "just as bad" as Georgia State last season was a really nice touch.

The true fan police told us that our comments on here affected the team. Who is correct? Op or True Fan Police...Op is part of True Fan Police...a True Fan Police divided against itself cannot stand...:eek:

Reactions: 08Vol and Doberman
You care so little you started a post about it.

Personally, I don't think it's "Nega" to point out concerning things. We've had so many coach lovers in the past that believed Butch was truly putting together "the best staff in America" and that all those Dooley 3* were "diamonds in the rough" and "trust the process" also the classic "maybe you should be coach"

I think it was legitime at the time to be concerned about Ga State. That game was part of a streak where we lost to Mizzou by 33, Vandy by 25, Ga St by 8 and BYU by 3. I think it also speaks to a larger trend of where we don't always plan and adjust very well.

Currently I think it's completely valid to ask if Friend is properly coaching our 5* linemen.

It think it's completely valid to question why Chaney doesn't coach qbs. Could that be why JG is currently the best we have?

Sometimes coaches are not as smart as you think they are. It took multiple injuries for Butch to get the right players on the field.

Did anyone actually think it was a good idea for Dooley to hire a first time coordinator and completely change schemes his last year?

I think JP is better than the last two hires but I don't think he'll ever sniff an NC. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll recruit at a higher level or start out coaching people. He'll have to do one or the other to win the SEC.

If this makes me "toddlerish" in your eyes that's absolutely something I can live with.
Don't read or respond to stuff you don't like. Put people on ignore and quit telling people what to think and move on. You're happy where we are, that's great for you.

I don't hate Pruitt or anyone for that matter. I have hated his results at times. So far this season we've performed to the level or our talent once.

We were lucky to beat an inferior SC team.

Without a gifted touchdown, Kirby passing on two field goals and a couple other boneheaded calls the UGA score could have looked far worse.

I've been a Vol fan 32 years longer than Pruitt has so I'll be upset if I want to.

Dude, I think you can legitimately take a bow for that post.

Tony-Stark-Sunglasses-Iron-Man-2.gif

VN Store

Back