The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I’m trying to convince my self not to buy this, and that I don’t need it.... so far I’m losing that battle. Lol
The irony of the visual I get watching Dallas playing a shadow simulated 1v1 in his driveway whilst wearing a John Fulkerson jersey, of all players, is too rich. A lot has changed in 5 years.

This jersey looks nice. Can’t wait to see it on the court this season.
Men's Nike #10 Tennessee Orange Tennessee Volunteers Retro Replica Basketball Jersey

tenor.gif

Reactions: Vols All Day
I'm impressed with the first half. That was some very good football.
Credit to JG. He has played almost flawless football. I have been a vocal critic when he's sucked (deservedly), so I have to acknowledge when he plays well. He has kept his cool when our play calling was bland and the line broke, felt the pressure almost each time, and threw two nice balls to Palmer. Hope he can keep it up.

Having said that, our tackling has been atrocious. We allowed Stetson Bennett to have back-to-back Kyler Murray moments, amongst other terrible miscues on that side of the ball. Certainly offset by the 4th down stands, especially the goal line stand to end the half.

This one killed me, I got so mad I cussed out Catbone and Gucci. We had them, then JG was going to JG, but still our defense kept us in it, until the end of the 3rd quarter. Then JG decided to give them another 7 points, gift wrapped. Shrout is supposed to be mad improved and has the best arm (I've seen it against SC with a dime to Callaway in Neyland), give him a shot. JG can come off the bench and get a save against Kentucky with our defense, imo. As long as DJ stays in the game, that hurt, also

The game was a microcosm of JG's whole career divided into two very much unequal halves. In the first half, he played like a pretty good SEC quarterback. Not spectacular but pretty good. In the second half, he was mostly a train wreck. Of course, our much-ballyhooed offensive line didn't do him any favors in the second half either.

JG is what he is guys and while he can play pretty well for stretches of time he always reverts to type.

The game was a microcosm of JG's whole career divided into two very much unequal halves. In the first half, he played like a pretty good SEC quarterback. Not spectacular but pretty good. In the second half, he was mostly a train wreck. Of course, our much-ballyhooed offensive line didn't do him any favors in the second half either.

JG is what he is guys and while he can play pretty well for stretches of time he always reverts to type.
This is so true! You hit the nail squarely on the head.

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this. I am not saying it was all their fault, but that is the issue with a less than stellar running QB. In college, it is hard to win the big games without someone who is more mobile.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
This one killed me, I got so mad I cussed out Catbone and Gucci. We had them, then JG was going to JG, but still our defense kept us in it, until the end of the 3rd quarter. Then JG decided to give them another 7 points, gift wrapped. Shrout is supposed to be mad improved and has the best arm (I've seen it against SC with a dime to Callaway in Neyland), give him a shot. JG can come off the bench and get a save against Kentucky with our defense, imo. As long as DJ stays in the game, that hurt, also

I'm not really sure how to view this game. On one hand we definitely had a chance to take this game, at least at one point. But on the other, I wasn't shocked it ended up being a blowout. We were gifted 7 points. And I give credit to JG for the 2 great TD throws he made but other than that he wasn't very good. But also not all his fault, the oline was terrible.

And then for Georgia defensivly they are legit but I wasn't particularly impressed with their offense. Kirby Smart continues to show me that I don't think he's really great of a coach, but his talent hides a lot of it. Bottom line I think we're better but we're still not there. Saying that we could go 8-2 but I'm thinking probably 7-3, with the 3 losses being the 3 we are still chasing.

I’m usually really fired up right now with the exhibition game about two weeks away. It was on Halloween about 2 years ago. Usually we’ve had the super secret scrimmage versus another school about now. Even with this amazing roster, I’m just not feeling it. I’m missing multiple home football games for the first time in decades. I don’t even know yet if the TBA is going to be open to fans this season. Rona sucks balls. (Insert anti Chinese Communist Party political comment here).

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back