'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

We are # 8 on the composite at the moment, but yes, us holding that position will depend on closing on some of remaining elite targets, including maybe some flippage, and handing out some git shirts to some of our lower ranked commits.
15th in average which is what counts. We are 8th only Because we have more recruits at the moment. That advantage will disappear when the signings are completed.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
That’s funny. The reverse is actually true. UT benefitted the most from the 90s when we were down. It’s not absurd to see us keeping our elite talent in-state. Jamal Lewis almost certainly would’ve been a Dawg had we been elite in the 90s. That’s one example. Richt started shutting that pipeline off and as SC and Clemson became relevant that shut off SC where UT would cherry pick. LSU was crap back then too. Now all of these programs are at least competitive.

Donnan opted for the RB that fumbled at the goal line against GT over Lewis.

Losing elite guys like this sucks. There is no other way to put it. Keep on thinking recruiting in the 10-15 range will ever get us to elite level again.
Yeah in our league you have to be inside the Top 10 in recruiting and even then have elite coaching and development to go along with it to compete with programs that are recruiting at a Top 2/3 level class.

If we were in the ACC, we’d probably be a 10-win team with a Top 15 class. We’re improving though and just have to keep winning to gradually improve recruiting.

Reactions: CJBlaze
He was doing nothing but playing the game. He’s been UGA for months.

I get that impression too. It's weird how his interest in UT just magically went from being his fourth or fifth school to being possible leaders. Looking back on it, it feels very contrived.

Its not being a jerk when you get tired of listening to all the crying and whining. Sack up and keep moving. Moaning about it constantly does no one any good. Keep recruiting elite talent to the best of your ability and if you miss, you miss. I hate the way this place sounds after a loss. It’s borderline insane
Lol wht be a jerk? Do u not agree that the rich just got richer? I dont believe that is inaccurate

Its not being a jerk when you get tired of listening to all the crying and whining. Sack up and keep moving. Moaning about it constantly does no one any good. Keep recruiting elite talent to the best of your ability and if you miss, you miss. I hate the way this place sounds after a loss. It’s borderline insane

Good effort by the staff. Unfortunately it came up short. As long as TN continues to get blown out by our 3 biggest rivals (GA, FL & BAMA) it’s an uphill climb. Hoping Pruitt & company find away to beat either FL or BAMA this year. A lot of football left. I believe Pruitt will make adjustments soon, at least I’m hoping he does!

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back