'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

He has to have questions about who he would be playing for if he signed with Auburn.
In a normal year, I bet they would fire Gus. Maybe before the end of the season. But this ain't a normal year and I wonder how much that will factor into coaching changes. What is his buyout right now?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
In a normal year, I bet they would fire Gus. Maybe before the end of the season. But this ain't a normal year and I wonder how much that will factor into coaching changes. What is his buyout right now?
Read on the Auburn site yesterday that Gus may be there until 2023/2024 because of the large buyout and the new stadium complex they plan on building or are building.

I think most head coaches will be safe this year because of the Covid craziness, but not so sure about position coaches. I could definitely see some of those get scapegoated by programs. So if it's a particular position coach he's enamored with on a team that's struggling, he might want to consider that.

Georgia-Tennessee game may have huge ramifications in recruiting

Mondon said last week he’s in no rush to make a college decision but his top schools are starting to face off. He was tuned in for the Dawgs win over Auburn last Saturday and now he will see where things stand regarding UGA and Tennessee. Two of his best relationships are with Georgia’s Glenn Schumann and the Vols Brian Niedermeyer.

"I'm excited for the game," Mondon said. "Just excited to see how the two teams match up and compete."

“It is huge,” Mondon’s father stated. “Especially coming out of the Auburn-Georgia game and now Tennessee and Georgia. Seeing how each team are playing and strength and weakness. It is super exciting.”

The elder Mondon does believe these games will have an impact on his son’s decision

“Definitely even the one from last Saturday, those two games will be huge in looking at the whole prospect of how strong those teams are and what they’re doing.”

Read on the Auburn site yesterday that Gus may be there until 2023/2024 because of the large buyout and the new stadium complex they plan on building or are building.
I don’t believe that. Somebody will find a way to pay for that buyout . Unless of course Gus lucks another win out over Saban.

Looks like we've put ourselves in a good position to win this race.

ElatedSelfreliantEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

GUYS. I know people are bummed about last Saturday and Mims. That said, we still have an excellent defensive haul coming in and that is what Pruitt and DA are known for. I could care less if we last another elite recruit on offense this year...look at our defensive class at the moment headlined by Brooks, Lewis, Willis, Evans, and McGhee. Pulled Big O, Dominic Bailey and Key last year which is HUGE. If we can land just 2 of Malone, Nyland, this kid, or TID, our D is on track to being ELITE. Then it won't matter how many Amarius Mims' UGA has on the o-line. Hand it to Cody Brown 25 times and have Bailey tossing dimes in 2 years. If our O-Line blows, put in Salter and let him make people look silly on the boundary. We are fine.

GUYS. I know people are bummed about last Saturday and Mims. That said, we still have an excellent defensive haul coming in and that is what Pruitt and DA are known for. I could care less if we last another elite recruit on offense this year...look at our defensive class at the moment headlined by Brooks, Lewis, Willis, and more. If we can land just 2 of Malone, Nyland, this kid, or TID, our D is on track to being ELITE. Then it won't matter how many Amarius Mims' UGA has on the o-line. Hand it to Cody Brown 25 times and have Bailey tossing dimes in 2 years. If our O-Line blows, put in Salter and let him make people look silly on the boundary. We are fine.

Big if to land two of those four though. But if we can hold the defensive guys we have, I’d be pleased with 2.

VN Store

Back