'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

That says you have to have more 4/5 stars than 3 stars and says we are at 40%.

In this class, again we are signing more 3 stars than 4/5 stars so our # would drop, not rise unless we grab a bunch a blue chip guys and drop the 3s.

That article was written when we were on a streak and assumed momentum would continue for us to get blue chip guys. We haven’t, been whiffing but if we can grab Malone (think we will) Green (we lead) Mondon/TID, I will feel much better about this class. Hopefully we flip a 4-star OL as well.
We are precisely doing that. Dropping 2017 sheds a ton of 3*s (22 iirc).

The math is easy, we just need 13 bluechips in a 25 person class this year to reach 50% for the blue chip ratio.

The math is easy, we just need 13 bluechips in a 25 person class this year to reach 50% for the blue chip ratio.
Also need to account for any underclassmen who go to the draft (at this rate nobody). Also technically no one has to graduate so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out. We won’t be losing talent on the aggregate for another year or two though just due to the weak 2017 and 2018 classes

At this point maybe ride with Gooch and Parker and hopes one of those are hits (not sure that Smith will be it without a fall season). Look forward to 2022 for bluechips with guys like Addison Nichols or Dayne Shor and hopefully Morris or Wright will stay their fourth year. Who knows, play well the rest of the year and flip Mims on NSD.

I posted earlier, UGA's last 4 classes on the 247 composite were ranked 3, 1, 2 and 1. Our last 4 were 17, 21, 13 and 10. Yes, we are improving every year under Pruitt in recruiting but we've still got a ways to go to compete with elite teams, and unfortunately we play at least 2-3 elite teams per year.
#15 this year currently.

It's even easier than that. While you're right that we need 13/25 to maintain a 50% BCR, we are only at about 42% right now or 36/85

2020 College Football Team Talent Composite

Of those 36 Bluechips we will lose only 2 from 2017 (Trey Smith and Ty Chandler), and likely/possibly lose Cade Mays, Brandon Kennedy, Bryce Thompson. That's a grand total of 5 Bluechips we will lose. As long as we sign more than 5 Bluechips and all of the seniors graduate out of the program, we will have raised our BCR.

2020 College Football Team Talent Composite

Therefore, assuming all of those guys leave, to get above 50% BCR we need 43 total BC or 12 for this class, (36 currently- 5 leaving = 31 returning, 43-31= 12 BCs we need to get above 50%).

We currently have 12 bluechips committed. If we sign the class we have today without landing a single other guy that we are leading for, we will be above 50% BCR at this time next year.

Edit: I just remembered Jackson Lowe is in the transfer portal. If Bryce leaves and Lowe transfers, we will need 13 total players to get us above 50% BCR for the team and for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
At this point maybe ride with Gooch and Parker and hopes one of those are hits (not sure that Smith will be it without a fall season). Look forward to 2022 for bluechips with guys like Addison Nichols or Dayne Shor and hopefully Morris or Wright will stay their fourth year. Who knows, play well the rest of the year and flip Mims on NSD.
They are 'redshirting' RJ Perry this year as well

Reactions: ricepatty
If they were to add Mims and Mondon, they jump to #4. Recruiting can change really fast.
If Vols add Mims, Mondon and Green that gives us 285 and its a fringe top 10 class, based on where teams finished the last few years. If we add just Green we finish around 268 which is fringe top 10.

If Vols add Mims, Mondon and Green that gives us 285 and its a fringe top 10 class, based on where teams finished the last few years. If we add just Green we finish around 268 which is fringe top 10.
According to AV's meme, the Mims part isn't looking so good.

Seriously though, just using logic, UGA is currently ranked #15 in the recruiting rankings, but they only have 15 commits as well, if I'm not mistaken. They have plenty of room to improve. Just a few players could jump them into that upper echelon.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Seriously though, just using logic, UGA is currently ranked #15 in the recruiting rankings, but they only have 15 commits as well, if I'm not mistaken. They have plenty of room to improve. Just a few players could jump them into that upper echelon.
Easily. Im actually surprised Bama and a few other schools have classes as big as they do. Usually the kids they get like to play the game and go through the whole cycle. So yeah UGA will def jump

No 7 In average.

And this is reason for some peoples restlessness regarding recruiting. We can't close the gap in recruiting until we begin to close the gap on the field. And there is a definite timetable. Like it or not it is time for Tennessee fans to redefine success. If you define the coach at Tennessee by the results of those three games then you have set the coach up to fail. I don't like that any more than the rest of you but reality is reality.

Good Lord typing those words is depressing.

If we ever recruit OL prospects at an elite level again under Will Friend it will be despite him and definitely not because of him. Just not an enthusiastic recruiter.

But hey, at least we didn't get b!tched up front last week. Oh...

And this is reason for some peoples restlessness regarding recruiting. We can't close the gap in recruiting until we begin to close the gap on the field. And there is a definite timetable. Like it or not it is time for Tennessee fans to redefine success. If you define the coach at Tennessee by the results of those three games then you have set the coach up to fail. I don't like that any more than the rest of you but reality is reality.

Good Lord typing those words is depressing.
Pruitt is the right fit for Tennessee. I absolutely believe that. We may not get where we want as fast as we want, but what is the alternative? It is well documented that UT will never pay up for a big time proven coach. At this point, it's better to have consistency with a coach doing things the right way than it is to take the chance that a low ball hire will pan out. People just need to be patient and appreciate that Pruitt IS doing things the right way.

VN Store

Back