Maurer transferring [fake news]

Brian, When you went on the field, you brought hope and excitement with you, you energized your teammates, and they played better. You do deserve better. Don’t ever give up. Hope you stay if you’re allowed to play, but if you go elsewhere, I’ll cheer you on!
Classy post. That’s why you’re one of my favorites

So he’s not here for the team and it’s all about pride. I feel the same way.
I wouldn't say he isn't here for the team. The man want's to win. But yes i think he is getting in his own way thanks to his pride. I think he has attached his wagon to JG and unhooking would make it look like he made the wrong choice. JG is not the type of Qb Chaney chooses to run his offense. I think JG is 100% Pruitt putting his foot down.

I wouldn't say he isn't here for the team. The man want's to win. But yes i think he is getting in his own way thanks to his pride. I think he has attached his wagon to JG and unhooking would make it look like he made the wrong choice. JG is not the type of Qb Chaney chooses to run his offense. I think JG is 100% Pruitt putting his foot down.
That much is obvious but if he KNOWS there’s a better qb ready to go that’s LIKELY to drive this TEAM down the field, he’s putting the TEAM on the back burner to feed his pride. ( I don’t mean disrespect with the caps btw).

This dude is in the process of entering “Butch Zone”.

Thank you, same to you, too. It’s depressing if we lose Maurer, but he’s too good to sit.
And he won’t. I think Pruitts decision could VERY EASILY come back to bite him if Maurer ended up leaving. Not only for the loss of skill at that position but the possibility that he ends up at a rival school and playing on the opposing sideline.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Had he put someone else in and they drove down the field and scored he would have lost control of his team. It's just a big unnecessary risk.
Or if they had gotten bombarded into a Nathan Peterman, that would have been all she wrote. Ainge has issues but he entered his sophomore season full of earned confidence. That musical chairs ruined him for the season. Pruitt doesn’t want to replace JG until he’s confident whoever’s next KEEPS JG replaced. Not the best litmus test at the end of a rout imo.

It’s funny that people want to criticize him for what that girl pulled not knowing the background of who she was/is.
He had admitted depression issues. Nothing to criticize him over but it brings understandable questions.

Ok you set the hook....for those of us who don't know said background, feed the thread please....
She was a girl he was talking to on the phone after he committed and she told him she’d never been to a game. He brought her to a game and she became unhealthily attached.

Reactions: LittleVol
Can you blame him? He will go somewhere and succeed and I wish him the very best in doing so. (Although I am sure this isn't true)
Writing on the wall sez Bailey is the future. I don't blame him. As much as I like certain players it is the Coach's job to continue to recruit better players at all positions. GA is a prime example, same with Bama. Best to the kid, he is a warrior.

To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't transferred. I don't know why anyone would stay to sit on a bench and watch JG piss games away. I would venture to say there are high school seniors you could plug into the game that wouldn't give 3 fumbles and an INT in one half.

Regardless, the current situation is not a good look for any future QB recruits.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
He had admitted depression issues. Nothing to criticize him over but it brings understandable questions.
You’re right.... to an extent. That whole thing got a little blown out of proportion itself tbh. He told his story on the first day of “Depression awareness” month as a way to help people struggling. It wasn’t intended to bring attention to himself. Also if you read his story it was told in past tense. Now he does struggle with depression, I’m not denying that. But the fact that he came out was not a call for help..... it was to encourage others to do what done and seek help on their own.

You’re right.... to an extent. That whole thing got a little blown out of proportion itself tbh. He told his story on the first day of “Depression awareness” month as a way to help people struggling. It wasn’t intended to bring attention to himself. Also if you read his story it was told in past tense. Now he does struggle with depression, I’m not denying that. But the fact that he came out was not a call for help..... it was to encourage others to do what done and seek help on their own.
It was a recent story when he revealed it tho. He was on campus and it was his sister’s call about her childbirth. He had some odd social media posts around that same timeframe. I know you’d have more backfill and context with your access.

It was a recent story when he revealed it tho. He was on campus and it was his sister’s call about her childbirth. He had some odd social media posts around that same timeframe. I know you’d have more backfill and context with your access.
No. His nephew had already been born. It was His mom that called just to say “hi, I love you”. Either way.... that’s where Pruitt is falling short. You gotta get to know your players to know how they work. Knowing how they work tells you how to coach them to get the maximum out of them. When you have players like Brian, and there are several of them, if they don’t TRUST you, you’ve already lost them.

She was a girl he was talking to on the phone after he committed and she told him she’d never been to a game. He brought her to a game and she became unhealthily attached.
There's meds for that.....

If he does, I wish him the best. He gave us a spark when we needed it. If he stayed healthy, it could be his team. Not his fault. I hope he stays but that is selfish of me. Especially, if there is a possibility JG comes back next year. Players want to play, period.
Question: if JG plays better coming off the bench...why don’t we let that happen? If I remember correctly that was the case last year in some games.

It’s funny that people want to criticize him for what that girl pulled not knowing the background of who she was/is.

No criticism here, but starting a fake transfer rumor just seems like the type of thing an ex would pull after a juvenile stunt on Tik Tok

No. His nephew had already been born. It was His mom that called just to say “hi, I love you”. Either way.... that’s where Pruitt is falling short. You gotta get to know your players to know how they work. Knowing how they work tells you how to coach them to get the maximum out of them. When you have players like Brian, and there are several of them, if they don’t TRUST you, you’ve already lost them.
Maybe applying his experience in such to the WHOLE TEAM? He’s noted for the relationships he’s formed with his players as a DC.

VN Store

Back