Sanky & the SEC owe us Mays’ Approval

Remember, you likely have crooked-ass Kirby pulling at the SEC from the opposite side equally as hard as Tennessee is pushing. I’m sure UGA is claiming some sort of unfair advantage or some such. This kid should be playing this year, period!

All the more reason to hate Georgia.

giphy.gif

Play him anyway.

I absolutely understand why teams (aside from Memphis, and that turned out to be a poor decision) don't just buck the NCAA and disobey their orders given the negative ramifications of doing so.

But what kind of punishment could (and, more importantly, would) the SEC levy against a school that played a player already cleared by the NCAA? You wouldn't want to handicap your conference by costing a member scholarships or something, but I'm assuming there must recourse on the SEC's behalf or else Pruitt would already have him on the depth chart.

I absolutely understand why teams (aside from Memphis, and that turned out to be a poor decision) don't just buck the NCAA and disobey their orders given the negative ramifications of doing so.

But what kind of punishment could (and, more importantly, would) the SEC levy against a school that played a player already cleared by the NCAA? You wouldn't want to handicap your conference by costing a member scholarships or something, but I'm assuming there must recourse on the SEC's behalf or else Pruitt would already have him on the depth chart.

If you tick off the SEC, they could have a Baton Rouge native be the director of basketball officials and have a LSU fan ref the de-facto regular season championship.

Or

The SEC could have a Bama grad lead its football officiating and he could assign multiple Bama residents (including those with family members that attend UA) to ref Bama football games......

How about we agree not to play Mays during the UGA game? That way there is no head to head competition with UGA and the student athlete, which is the most important thing on the planet right now according to so many, gets his opportunity to better himself and show his talents.
This makes too much logical sense...no way SEC thinks of this.

On one hand, I understand slippery slope of allowing inter-SEC transfers not to sit out, but on other hand, NCAA has made a ruling, so logic, to me says the larger organization trumps the lesser...and, in a year which doesn't count towards eligibility and everyone in flux, it's another reason to come down on the side of players.

If Sankey doesn't clear Cade, the info that people are going to let out will make the SEC, UGA, and Sankey look reeeeeeeeeal bad.

If you tick off the SEC, they could have a Baton Rouge native be the director of basketball officials and have a LSU fan ref the de-facto regular season championship.

Or

The SEC could have a Bama grad lead its football officiating and he could assign multiple Bama residents (including those with family members that attend UA) to ref Bama football games......
So, nothing new?

Kind of torn on this one. Definitely see the obvious that "players should be allowed to play" mantra.

But...

Here is a scenario no one on our side has considered: the danger of becoming a farm team for the Bamas and Clemsons of CFB.

The kids are looking at this as business more and more. Say you are a rising junior and recognized as a stud DT, but you're on a team projected to finish .500 and nowhere near a championship of any kind or top tier bowl (Rose, Sugar, etc.)

Saban let's it be known he wishes he had a stud DT. Well, a young man might think to himself he can transfer with no penalty, play for the GOAT who produces 1st rounders like some folks produce farts, and maybe win a championship. Contact is made, and voila!, our All-American stud is off to Bama.

Once this genie is out of the bottle, it will not be put back in. Could make it more difficult to rise to the top.

Kind of torn on this one. Definitely see the obvious that "players should be allowed to play" mantra.

But...

Here is a scenario no one on our side has considered: the danger of becoming a farm team for the Bamas and Clemsons of CFB.

The kids are looking at this as business more and more. Say you are a rising junior and recognized as a stud DT, but you're on a team projected to finish .500 and nowhere near a championship of any kind or top tier bowl (Rose, Sugar, etc.)

Saban let's it be known he wishes he had a stud DT. Well, a young man might think to himself he can transfer with no penalty, play for the GOAT who produces 1st rounders like some folks produce farts, and maybe win a championship. Contact is made, and voila!, our stud is off to Bama.

Once this genie is out of the bottle, it will not be put back in. Could make it more difficult to rise to the top.

Here is the more likely scenario. Saban says he wants a stud DT and Sankey says "Yes, boss. Do you want me to go to the store and pick you up some oatmeal cream pies while I am at it?" and comes up with some flimsy rationale for signing off. When another player wants to transfer from Bama/UGA with the same flimsy rationale, Sankey delays and delays until he finally says he won't sign off.

But...

Saban let's it be known he wishes he had a stud DT. Well, a young man might think to himself he can transfer with no penalty, play for the GOAT who produces 1st rounders like some folks produce farts, and maybe win a championship. Contact is made, and voila!, our stud is off to Bama.

The genie comes out of the bottle next year anyways. FTR I agree with a lot that you said, but the “Student-athlete” is gaining more power by the minute. If there was even a little bit of consistency taking place I wouldn’t have a problem w/ Cade having to sit, but there isn’t among college sports. After the Covid mess that has taken place between the leagues, there has never been a more logical time to have a legit individual commissioner for major college sports, especially football and basketball. College football needs leadership.

VN Store

Back