Sanky & the SEC owe us Mays’ Approval

CA_Vol

The more I’ve thought about the Cade Mays waiver situation, I’ve come to believe Sanky and the SEC owe us an approval.

They clearly protected UGA and Bama with the cross divisional opponents, and we certainly got the short end of that stick with two Top 10 selections while we also play Bama.

The least they can do is give us one player.

I don’t understand what we are waiting on. Seems we should have a yes or no by now.
Agree. We knew about the NCAA decision on Thursday night. I can’t imagine what the hold up is. The SEC has known about his transfer situation since January. I can’t think of any reason why there hasn’t been an announcement yet.

Agree. We knew about the NCAA decision on Thursday night. I can’t imagine what the hold up is. The SEC has known about his transfer situation since January. I can’t think of any reason why there hasn’t been an announcement yet.
If it goes past the USC game, they won’t make a decision until after the UGA game. That’s my guess.

Gatewood has been waiting 2-3 weeks.

Nobody knows what the timeframe for Sankey will be...but so far it doesn't seem at the top of his mind/list of things to do.

Seems like I heard on this board something about clearing him to play in all games but against the team they transferred from?
Anybody got any word on that?

Seems like I heard on this board something about clearing him to play in all games but against the team they transferred from?
Anybody got any word on that?

There was supposedly a gentleman's agreement between AU and UK that once Gatewood was approved UK would not play him against AU. But I don't think the SEC can make that sort of rule. But who knows? I sure as heck don't trust Sankey.

They're waiting on Munchkin King Lord Saban to bless the approval. Lyle, his flunky, is probably encouraging him to give it a thumbs down.

Hoping that the 30 seconds a day that Butch is around Saban (when he brings in the morning coffee and drops off the car keys after a wash) wont be enough time to influence Saban negatively as it come to Mays.

Pruitt said in his presser that Cade would play. So... I'm not sure if he meant that Cade will play with or without approval or that they are "preparing" for him to play. But he simply said "Cade is going to play in the game".

Gatewood has been waiting 2-3 weeks.

Nobody knows what the timeframe for Sankey will be...but so far it doesn't seem at the top of his mind/list of things to do.
I want to say last year it was literally a few days before games started for the SEC to make their decisions. I would assume it’ll be the same this year.

Reactions: Devo182
Hoping that the 30 seconds a day that Butch is around Saban (when he brings in the morning coffee and drops off the car keys after a wash) wont be enough time to influence Saban negatively as it come to Mays.
Ill give Lyle credit for conning himself into millions. But, imagine at the pinnacle of your life's pursuit, and your inner satisfaction is to be Nick Saban's beer bit** & gofer! #lifelong intern mutha ****as!

Pruitt said in his presser that Cade would play. So... I'm not sure if he meant that Cade will play with or without approval or that they are "preparing" for him to play. But he simply said "Cade is going to play in the game".
Pruitt said in a previous PC (or maybe it was this one) that Fulmer had talked with Sankey.. So maybe they already know something? Smokescreen?

VN Store

Back