Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I love Henry T. And he’s easily my favorite player on the team.SECONDLY! I’m dying laughing because In that video with the quality control analyst JG straight up took a sack and he would have been rocked👀😂 you just hate to see it.

View attachment 307782
Hopefully with him being 230 now the sacks won't look so vicious/nfl draft highlight worthy. Smh

Reactions: UTSuave’
First of all I love Henry T. And he’s easily my favorite player on the team.SECONDLY! I’m dying laughing because In that video with the quality control analyst JG straight up took a sack and he would have been rocked👀😂 you just hate to see it.

View attachment 307782

That was a jail break. LT allowed the edge rusher to blow right around him and the RG doubled-teamed the DT along with the C and did not peel off and put a body on the blitzing LB. I barely got 'One Mississippi out before the LB was on JG. Very poor pass protection.

Must have taken Butch’s chart. I need an explanation for that one, and I’m a Cowboys fan.
It was correct according to fivethirtyeight's chart. Simple explanation is you have to go for 2 regardless. Better to have the information of that outcome now rather than later. Information/game theory and all. No advantage to kicking the XP down 9 with 5 minutes.

Reactions: VolGee4
ITS GAME WEEK !! I SO GIDDY !!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That was a jail break. LT allowed the edge rusher to blow right around him and the RG doubled-teamed the DT along with the C and did not peel off and put a body on the blitzing LB. I barely got 'One Mississippi out before the LB was on JG. Very poor pass protection.

I mean that’s cool and all but he still didn’t possess the awareness to succeed

It was correct according to fivethirtyeight's chart. Simple explanation is you have to go for 2 regardless. Better to have the information of that outcome now rather than later. Information/game theory and all. No advantage to kicking the XP down 9 with 5 minutes.

Ok, I’ve always thought you wait until the last possible moment to go for 2. You still have to get onsides if you miss it. Probably not the decision I would have made.

Not sure I like where golf is going. Wolf had hit the least number of fairways for a 54 hole leader at the US Open. They called it “bomb and gouge,” and DeChambeau does the same thing. I think equipment rules have to be coming in the next few years.
I have no doubt. I've been researching some golf equipment on average 20+ yards have been added to each club base model. Get fitted and that could go up to 30+ yards. It's crazy

Reactions: Vols4us and VolGee4
Not sure I like where golf is going. Wolf had hit the least number of fairways for a 54 hole leader at the US Open. They called it “bomb and gouge,” and DeChambeau does the same thing. I think equipment rules have to be coming in the next few years.
They did well because they both hit it out of the rough extremely well on a course with honestly ridiculous conditions. DeChambea bc he had a length advantage and he’s huge and Wolf because he uses his legs incredibly well (classic swing) which allowed him to cut through the grass to pull off some beautiful recovery shots. And we can’t discount that they both had great putting games all week. The top players on tour have always been the longest hitters it’s just a massive advantage to be able to club down.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Ok, I’ve always thought you wait until the last possible moment to go for 2. You still have to get onsides if you miss it. Probably not the decision I would have made.
Yup that is the old school orthodoxy, passed down like many things in football, merely out of tradition before many folks did scenario or differential analysis. You have to accomplish the same things either way, which is why having the information sooner is superior. If you fail the 2 pt conversion at the very end, the game is already over, so it does no good. If you fail earlier, you have time to go all out, like the Boys did. At least you give yourself a chance. Information and game theory dictate you always want the same information sooner than later.

They did well because they both hit it out of the rough extremely well on a course with honestly ridiculous conditions. DeChambea bc he had a length advantage and he’s huge and Wolf because he uses his legs incredibly well (classic swing) which allowed him to cut through the grass to pull off some beautiful recovery shots. And we can’t discount that they both had great putting games all week. The top players on tour have always been the longest hitters it’s just a massive advantage to be able to club down.

I can’t say that I watched every minute of the coverage, but it’s a huge advantage even hitting a wedge or short iron out of the rough as opposed to a middle iron. These guys would rather be 340+ yards in the rough than shot making by keeping it 270 in the fairway. They were also hitting 170 yard pitching wedges and 8 irons from 200 on par 3’s.

US Opens have been won by people like Corey Pavin, Payne Stewart, Jim Furyk, Lucas Glover, Graeme McDowell, Webb Simpson, etc. because of shot making. The last 5 are now by bombers. They are all skilled, but I just don’t know that I like the direction unless they can find a way to dial it back a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back