Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The look on our girls faces after they read we have no chance for the next 5 years...Even when we were dominating the women's game, such arrogance was never spoken by this board, or members of the basketball staff....
PEG_2-2019.gif

I felt it as a slight because Connecticut hasn’t won since 2016.... I’m not trying to come off as bragging or boastful these are just the facts. You can’t try to dismiss one of the best teams in the country....

And to answer your last question, yes SC has message boards that I partake in but I will continue to free post here and anywhere else I feel the need to post on. These are public open forums so everyone is allowed to post as they choose. This is the non-Lady Vol thread so I see no issue anyway.

SC hasn't won since 2017. At least Conn has made the Final Four each year there's been a tournament since its last championship. SC hasn't made a Final Four since its last championship.

SC hasn't won since 2017. At least Conn has made the Final Four each year there's been a tournament since its last championship. SC hasn't made a Final Four since its last championship.

I didn’t know making the Final Four was a automatic Championship....

Let’s be real here on a national scale there’s only 3-4 teams who have a realistic shot at a national championship these next five years or maybe longer and SC happens to be one of those teams. Regardless of the fact we’ve only won one championship, that poster basically tried to undermine SC’s success to this point like the fact that no team in the SEC could beat them last year or keep them from winning their 5th tournament championship in the last 6 years. Not to mention they were #1 most of last year and will likely be in the same position. I felt it as a slight because Connecticut hasn’t won since 2016.... I’m not trying to come off as bragging or boastful these are just the facts. You can’t try to dismiss one of the best teams in the country....

I never dismissed their success. If you ask me, they are the best team in the SEC right now.

What I did do, was state a fact. All the other teams named in that post I was replying to have multiple championships. So to use the word championships and SC in the same sentence AS OF NOW is a false statement. Period!
And to answer your last question, yes SC has message boards that I partake in but I will continue to free post here and anywhere else I feel the need to post on. These are public open forums so everyone is allowed to post as they choose. This is the non-Lady Vol thread so I see no issue anyway.

Let’s be real here on a national scale there’s only 3-4 teams who have a realistic shot at a national championship these next five years or maybe longer and SC happens to be one of those teams. Regardless of the fact we’ve only won one championship, that poster basically tried to undermine SC’s success to this point like the fact that no team in the SEC could beat them last year or keep them from winning their 5th tournament championship in the last 6 years. Not to mention they were #1 most of last year and will likely be in the same position. I felt it as a slight because Connecticut hasn’t won since 2016.... I’m not trying to come off as bragging or boastful these are just the facts. You can’t try to dismiss one of the best teams in the country....

And this is a Lady Vol fanbased board....Know where you are.
No one here wants to hear about connies, bears or cocks.
It is a Lady Volunteer board.
fans of other teams are welcome,
foes from other teams aren't.
They're put up with!

LOL. Whatever pal. No reason to come off high and mighty here. Your team's last championship was 3 years ago and the last NCAA tournament SC played in they didn't make it past the Sweet 16. But hey, hang that AP #1 banner!

Where am I coming off high and mighty?? This entire time I’ve stated nothing but facts and I’ve said before I’m not trying to be boastful. The last tournament the Lady Vols played in they didn’t make it past the first round but you don’t see me on here talking about it cause I have respect for y’all. Geez put some respect on SC name we ain’t going no where so ya might as well get used to it...

Where am I coming off high and mighty?? This entire time I’ve stated nothing but facts and I’ve said before I’m not trying to be boastful. The last tournament the Lady Vols played in they didn’t make it past the first round but you don’t see me on here talking about it cause I have respect for y’all. Geez put some respect on SC name we ain’t going no where so ya might as well get used to it...

temp1.png

Reactions: SCspur
Backcourt....Point guard, shooting guard.
Frontcourt...Center, power forward, small forward..

Learn it...Know it...Live it.
PtdQry.gif

Or,
Backcourt....Point guard, 2 wings ( a multifaceted player who can handle some, good shot from 3 and the ability to slash)
Frontcourt...Center, power forward.

Things have changed since my day.

And this is a Lady Vol fanbased board....Know where you are.
No one here wants to hear about connies, bears or cocks.
It is a Lady Volunteer board.
fans of other teams are welcome,
foes from other teams aren't.
They're put up with!
AAAND, this is the Non-Lady Vol Basketball News thread. If you don't want to hear about other schools don't come here. You have the rest of the board to be parochial about a national sport. Others of us care about the sport and delight in hearing the viewpoints and news from other schools. (Even Rutgers :eek:). (@SCspur love to hear your stuff even if you did steal Boston from us. :mad:)

AAAND, this is the Non-Lady Vol Basketball News thread. If you don't want to hear about other schools don't come here. You have the rest of the board to be parochial about a national sport. Others of us care about the sport and delight in hearing the viewpoints and news from other schools. (Even Rutgers :eek:). (@SCspur love to hear your stuff even if you did steal Boston from us. :mad:)

good point about the thread,,,Noted

Okk

You can't steal something from someone that they never had.;)

Or,
Backcourt....Point guard, 2 wings ( a multifaceted player who can handle some, good shot from 3 and the ability to slash)
Frontcourt...Center, power forward.

Things have changed since my day.

Despite more players being able to play multiple positions, the commonly accepted definition of the backcourt is still whomever is playing the point guard and shooting guard positions.

Reactions: GameTime
I think the intention of this thread was to provide the opportunity to share non provocative newsworthy material—an organizational strategy. It has turned into a playground of championing other programs over our Lady Vol program. Trolls have emerged and taken advantage of this thread by constructing their own rules to promote their teams and magnify their successes against the current and recent Lady Vol struggles.

The umbrella here is still Big Orange and the ticket to type here is still volnation.com. Hope to see this thread return to unbiased news stories only.

I think the intention of this thread was to provide the opportunity to share non provocative newsworthy material—an organizational strategy. It has turned into a playground of championing other programs over our Lady Vol program. Trolls have emerged and taken advantage of this thread by constructing their own rules to promote their teams and magnify their successes against the current and recent Lady Vol struggles.

The umbrella here is still Big Orange and the ticket to type here is still volnation.com. Hope to see this thread return to unbiased news stories only.

Putback, it's a pisser for a fan of another team to come on our message board and tell us for at least the next "1600 or more days", our program is toast, we have no chance...
Im-kind-of-a-big-deal.gif

Absolutely right about what has happened to this thread.

VN Store

Back