2020 Presidential Race

My issue is it’s not objective to reduce overall polling locations in massive numbers when we have an ever swelling population. No matter how you slice it, it’s less opportunity to vote.
But the articles you linked showed that this was happening in areas (mainly the rural South) that aren't really experiencing an "ever swelling population."

Those areas that are experiencing an "ever swelling population" are predominantly Democrat governed areas.

Those areas of the US that are experiencing the most population growth are mainly the South and the West and are metropolitan cities:

South And West Continue Rapid Growth, According To New Population Data

In the South, in order of population growth, they were Austin, Texas; Jacksonville, Fla.; Frisco, Texas; McKinney, Texas; and Miami.

The fastest growing cities in the West were San Diego; Denver; Henderson, Nev.; and Las Vegas.

The only Midwestern city on the top 15 list was Columbus, Ohio.

"Among the 13 top gaining cities in the country are Frisco and McKinney, Texas, in suburban Dallas and Henderson, Nev., in suburban Las Vegas. Each of these suburbs gained more people than Houston, Atlanta or Miami in the past year," Frey said.

Reactions: AM64
Correct, i don't understand why you have problems with putting out minimal effort to vote.

You don’t understand that your experience isn’t everyone’s experience. Your situation isn’t everyone’s situation. That egocentric viewpoint is par for the course in 2020 America. You aren’t alone, unfortunately.

You don’t understand that your experience isn’t everyone’s experience. Your situation isn’t everyone’s situation. That egocentric viewpoint is par for the course in 2020 America. You aren’t alone, unfortunately.

Voting isn't a trip to Burger King, you don't get it your way.

Do you have any clue as to how entitled you make yourself look?

But the articles you linked showed that this was happening in areas (mainly the rural South) that aren't really experiencing an "ever swelling population."

Those areas that are experiencing an "ever swelling population" are predominantly Democrat governed areas.

Those areas of the US that are experiencing the most population growth are mainly the South and the West and are metropolitan cities:

South And West Continue Rapid Growth, According To New Population Data

In the South, in order of population growth, they were Austin, Texas; Jacksonville, Fla.; Frisco, Texas; McKinney, Texas; and Miami.

The fastest growing cities in the West were San Diego; Denver; Henderson, Nev.; and Las Vegas.

The only Midwestern city on the top 15 list was Columbus, Ohio.

"Among the 13 top gaining cities in the country are Frisco and McKinney, Texas, in suburban Dallas and Henderson, Nev., in suburban Las Vegas. Each of these suburbs gained more people than Houston, Atlanta or Miami in the past year," Frey said.
Anecdotally, the greatest number of issues seem to be in the democratic strongholds of Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Ohio, and Alabama.

You already acknowledged the SCOTUS decision removing DOJ oversight, so you already know that, now, there doesn’t have to be a justification, so why do you require proof of justification when no justification is required?

The numbers of polling site closure trends are clear and have been well researched. That constitutes a trend.
That is a specious argument and you know it. It's an action by a governmental body and their reasons are always open to question as to the justification for the closures and they provide them, as proven by everything you have linked so far.

Now their reasons can be questioned and challenged as to their veracity, accuracy and/or reasonableness.

So far you haven't shown one that was without some justification and/or unreasonable. Those links you provided as examples of lawsuits were dated, some rendered moot as the action was never taken and also were duplicate links of the same lawsuit.

That is a specious argument and you know it. It's an action by a governmental body and their reasons are always open to question as to the justification for the closures and they provide them, as proven by everything you have linked so far.

No their reasons can be questioned and challenged as to their veracity, accuracy and/or reasonableness.

So far you haven't shown one that was without some justification and/or unreasonable. Those links you provided as examples of lawsuits were dated, some rendered moot as the action was never taken and also were duplicate links of the same lawsuit.

100s of polling closures isn’t useful to democracy. You either agree with that statement or not. I’m not doing the leg work to justify why you don’t agree.

That is Rasmussen Reports doing their thing... They currently have Trump's approval rating as being 8 full points higher than Trump's average approval rating on Real Clear Politics (RCP.com). That 53% is also 5 points higher than the next highest poll has him. But I guess this is one poll that isn't "fake news" ?

Reactions: zeppelin128
Zepp's guide to voting: same day registration, allow folks to vote Election Day without fault to employment, absentee ballot if you want one, vote first day of early voting like I have since I was 18, boost polling locations so folks aren't waiting hours to vote.

100s of polling closures isn’t useful to democracy. You either agree with that statement or not. I’m not doing the leg work to justify why you don’t agree.
So you can't find even one that was arbitrary and solely politically motivated?

Seems like several of those states have large Democrat controlled cities and election boards too.

The governors appoint the members of the state board of elections. Not sure what “Democrat controlled cities” has anything to do with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeppelin128
Zepp's guide to voting: same day registration, allow folks to vote Election Day without fault to employment, absentee ballot if you want one, vote first day of early voting like I have since I was 18, boost polling locations so folks aren't waiting hours to vote.
Make election day a Federal Holiday and make it the 15th of April or whatever day the last day of filing Federal Income Tax falls on for that particular year.

Reactions: AM64 and volinsd
It's not a coincidence that the majority of polling closures are in predominantly black districts... usually in the southeast.

Reactions: OHvol40
Make election day a Federal Holiday and make it the 15th of April or whatever day the last day of filing Federal Income Tax falls on for that particular year.
Being a fed holiday helps so few. Business still needs to operate

The governors appoints the members of the state board of elections. Not sure what “Democrat controlled cities” has anything to do with that.
Certainly their leadership could publicly protest unfair closures that are capricious and arbitrary, use their influence to rescind as well as sue.

VN Store

Back