For insiders on the board, or someone who may know an insider.....

Is Coach Pruitt or Coach Fulmer communicating "loud and clear" the concerns that we're at a competitive disadvantage because of Knox County's mandate on contact tracing? I'm very optimistic on the potential of this year's team, but not having the fellows at practice is a game changer.
Idk about Fulmer, but I'd bet Pruitt is fully aware. See his "joke" about it during his speech at the QB club meeting as an example. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if they do or don't. They have to abide by the rules set forth and it's probably gonna cost the team imo.

Is Coach Pruitt or Coach Fulmer communicating "loud and clear" the concerns that we're at a competitive disadvantage because of Knox County's mandate on contact tracing? I'm very optimistic on the potential of this year's team, but not having the fellows at practice is a game changer.
Pruitt behind the scenes is very vocal to say the least. Fulmer not as much as Pruitt.

Why don't they just practice in Blount County (Home of Champions)?

A friend who is fairly close to the program said that he's worried we'll be taking a JV team to SC. The SEC was supposed to implement universal guidelines for the conference but haven't. We're following state guidelines and it's not good. Fulmer and Pruitt both are not happy about it.

A friend who is fairly close to the program said that he's worried we'll be taking a JV team to SC. The SEC was supposed to implement universal guidelines for the conference but haven't. We're following state guidelines and it's not good. Fulmer and Pruitt both are not happy about it.
Neither is Muschamp. Same rules as SC.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don't understand quarantining off of contact tracing when you can test every single player as often as you want to. It makes zero sense.

We should move everything to South Dakota or Sweden. Life as normal goes on in both places very effectively. Now that makes sense, yet here we go with Government doing it's thing.

Every SEC football program is dealing with contact tracing requirements and recommendations. The SEC and the NCAA both issued protocols that require contact tracing in accordance with state and local guidelines. Bama does it, Georgia does it, the Gators, Gamecocks, etc. I can't find a single team that isn't under the same or very similar contact tracing protocol.

IDK, Maybe it takes a few days for the virus to register in your body.
No idea. And do we have any reason to believe you are contagious before the test can even detect the virus? That seems like a pretty anti-scientific claim.

Just seems like the football team is following a rule that shouldn't be applied to them due to their quick and endless access to testing.

I don't understand quarantining off of contact tracing when you can test every single player as often as you want to. It makes zero sense.
1) they won't test positive for at least 5 days likely, 2) afaik we have 5-day tests, so even when you do test after 5-7 days, you don't get those results till day 10 or 12.

We need rapid testing.

1) they won't test positive for at least 5 days likely, 2) afaik we have 5-day tests, so even when you do test after 5-7 days, you don't get those results till day 10 or 12.

We need rapid testing.
That makes sense. I was under the impression they had rapid tests.

No idea. And do we have any reason to believe you are contagious before the test can even detect the virus? That seems like a pretty anti-scientific claim.

Just seems like the football team is following a rule that shouldn't be applied to them due to their quick and endless access to testing.
Presymtomatic spread, yeah it's a thing unfortunately.

Reactions: 08Vol
On Maslow’s Hierarchy winning football is not as much as a priority as health and safety. Hopefully, considerations are being made approximately.
Maslows for Dummies updated for 2020 has many new entries on the hierarchy of needs like looting, toilet paper, statue toppling, and living vicariously through sports teams accomplishments.

VN Store

Back