Pig Howard Tweets about Former Coach

I know a couple of guys who came with Cut to Duke from Tennessee. I was told it was a done deal. Meaning my buddy told his wife to start packing up and that they were moving back to Knoxville. Everything that i was told was that the break down came from Cut wanting to bring WR coach Scottie Montgomery and Hamilton said that he couldn’t because had to retain Kippy Brown. Cut wouldn’t budge, neither would Hamilton and then ironically Kippy ended up on Pete Carroll’s staff in Seattle and Scottie M ended up going to the Steelers. What a shitshow the last the 10 years have been, all because Cut and Hamilton couldn’t agree on a WR Coach.
Kind of glad we didn't hire Cut as HC. He's a QB wizard as OC but not a good HC really. It would have ended badly and made us all feel bad about Cut. Glad it never happened.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Btw let me school you on this, it benefits no coach to tell a scout or personnel guy unnecessary bs on an athlete. What that does is cause situations of negative effects like this and when Tiny went on social media against Lying Lyle Jones. Ask around about my credibility on here and the recruiting side. I'm very close to damn near everyone in and around the AD and football offices. I don't spew worthless crap. I was once in the hotel after curfew and watch the players run Butch off their floor at a road game. They hated Butch and the shady stuff he did like leaving walk-ons hungry at a bowl gameand so on. Dude was a clown and a major negative to the University of Tennessee. Ppl got mad at former players for leaving and not wanting to be on his staff, but he didn't know how to interview and wanted to run a dictatorship. Its why he got in physical altercations with players and so on.
Lol this never happened.

Thought it was total staff control...including GA’s and QC’s.
I know that Cut has always been loyal to his staff and it caused his undoing at Ole Miss. I was told by former UT GA’s who came to Duke with him that Scottie Montgomery was the breaking point.

Kind of glad we didn't hire Cut as HC. He's a QB wizard as OC but not a good HC really. It would have ended badly and made us all feel bad about Cut. Glad it never happened.
I agree that it’s good that we can all have good memories of Coach Cut, but I disagree that he’s not a good HC. You can’t pull off what he’s done at Duke without being a good HC. Most people have no idea how bad it really was at Duke .

Are we really 5 pages deep on what a POS Jones was? Really? It is like we just want to talk about the obvious. VN has become twitter.....

Last edited:
There's an old saying, "It takes one to know one" and for 15 years no one in the AD's office or certainly upper level management at UT had any "football" experinece. I mean did Mike Hamilton or Dave Hart even play athletics even in High School? Tennessee suffered through the same thing I have seen a number of Corporations go through. Some how it becomes conventional wisdom that you need a "bean counter" or in the case of AD's a "fund raiser" instead of someone who understands the fundementals of what the business does to lead the organization. I have thrown my share of rocks at Fulmer over the years but the dude knows football and knows a real football coach when he sees one. CJP is indeed a real football coach. The open question is he a HFC? Unfortunately you need a bit of PR blood in you to be the face of a major University. And the HFC is the face of the University. It will be our luck to have CJP get us back and then he says something "non PC" and we have to start the merry go round all over again. I mean ESPN really does hate us right? lol

Hamilton was a bean counter from Clemson and Hart was a former college basketball player if memory serves correctly. Hart almost hired Barnes at East Carolina before nabbing him at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back