Pig Howard Tweets about Former Coach

Butch Jones is a con man. He has that car salesman talk game he could sell a ticket to hell to a priest. But had no football knowledge what so ever. Never should he have been coaching in a major P5 school and what's really sad is another major P5 school will hire him simply because he is under saban!
I don't think another P5 will hire him as a HC and I think he knows it. He's not even made the ranks of a positional coach at Bama. That's the reason he's not making much of an effort to offset his buyout by much. UT shouldn't be on the hook for much longer over him.

Let me explain something to you all. Butch lil punk ass did this with a lot of guys. So here's one story, remember Tiny Richardson was due to be a 1st rd pick right? Well many don't know what really happened, and I know this to be a fact. So here you go. Tiny was faced with a hard dilemma because his father Lanny was very sick and needed money for meds, etc. Tiny was asked by Butch to stay for his Sr yr. Tiny had to make a family/business decision. Every scout and team gave Tiny a 1st rd grade. Butch upset because he was requesting him to stay for Butch's benefit due to a poor OL projection, goes backdoor and bad mouths Tiny to ppl around the NFL. We started to get questions and agent Eugene Parker likewise. So for a while ppl were interviewing him and the talk was blown off. Tiny goes to Andrew's and has a surgery. Keep in mind nobody knows and this type of surgery is pretty much undetected on MRIs etc. Well they found out and it was later told in a private conversation that the info came from Butch Jones. This is the underlined **** he did to several players and ehy eventually everyone turned in him. Guys were coming back and telling these stories about him telling these ppl bad reports on UT players who went against his plans or likeness. Dude is a pure devil and coward. Buck went up to the school with former players and they were ready to go in on Butch but the school caught wind of it and eventually he was fired. Many don't know the degrees of slimy snake đź’© he did and was capable of doing. Then come to find out a lot of players who were UDFAs were because of bs like this.

Picked up by the Vikings, placed on injured reserve, surgery on both knees, waived then retires. End of story

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Hopefully Tee is getting Groomed or a couple are for just in case Pruitt is successful and wants to leave. I like what I see for now Just need to get the QB position fixed and it's getting there. I do like the players we have been getting under these coaches.
If Pruitt goes on to be a very successful coach at UT why would he leave something he worked hard to build? A lot of people talk about Dabo returning to Bama. I don't see it. Now on the other hand if Pruitt is not too successful in let's say next 3-4 years Bama may be able to lure him back if indeed they do want him. Plans are in the making already it seems due to covid-19 if Pruitt can't coach on the field for any reason then Tee will coach. I do think Fulmer is using foresight because Tee is being "groomed" for HC position. It's good to have an AD looking ahead. I also think Fulmer is training an assistant to be next AD but I don't recall his name at the moment.

Let me explain something to you all. Butch lil punk ass did this with a lot of guys. So here's one story, remember Tiny Richardson was due to be a 1st rd pick right? Well many don't know what really happened, and I know this to be a fact. So here you go. Tiny was faced with a hard dilemma because his father Lanny was very sick and needed money for meds, etc. Tiny was asked by Butch to stay for his Sr yr. Tiny had to make a family/business decision. Every scout and team gave Tiny a 1st rd grade. Butch upset because he was requesting him to stay for Butch's benefit due to a poor OL projection, goes backdoor and bad mouths Tiny to ppl around the NFL. We started to get questions and agent Eugene Parker likewise. So for a while ppl were interviewing him and the talk was blown off. Tiny goes to Andrew's and has a surgery. Keep in mind nobody knows and this type of surgery is pretty much undetected on MRIs etc. Well they found out and it was later told in a private conversation that the info came from Butch Jones. This is the underlined **** he did to several players and ehy eventually everyone turned in him. Guys were coming back and telling these stories about him telling these ppl bad reports on UT players who went against his plans or likeness. Dude is a pure devil and coward. Buck went up to the school with former players and they were ready to go in on Butch but the school caught wind of it and eventually he was fired. Many don't know the degrees of slimy snake đź’© he did and was capable of doing. Then come to find out a lot of players who were UDFAs were because of bs like this.

Well, I have no inside info or personal real-life connection. And I'm not here to defend Butch. Some of the players obviously had bad experiences while others seemingly did not. There are always players in any program who feel like they were done wrong or didn't receive enough support. Strictly from a fan's perspective, it was obvious that something was rotten in the program. We just didn't know what. Ultimately, it's Butch's responsibility because he was the head coach.

Reactions: tbh and Alto1
Picked up by the Vikings, placed on injured reserve, surgery on both knees, waived then retires. End of story

It was a surgery that UT did and it was done wrong. But that has nothing to do with what was stated. The way NFL ppl found out the info was foul as hell. He stuck around for 2.5 seasons and got some money. All that's despite the point. 1st rd lottery to updraft because of a HC who was a piece of đź’© and mad the kid wasn't adhering to his agenda.

Well, I have no inside info or personal real-life connection. And I'm not here to defend Butch. Some of the players obviously had bad experiences while others seemingly did not. There are always players in any program who feel like they were done wrong or didn't receive enough support. Strictly from a fan's perspective, it was obvious that something was rotten in the program. We just didn't know what. Ultimately, it's Butch's responsibility because he was the head coach.

All those assistants leaving were not by happenstance. Guys jumped off the boat and did fake retirements only to take other jobs. Butch was a complete idiot who was very toxic

It was a surgery that UT did and it was done wrong. But that has nothing to do with what was stated. The way NFL ppl found out the info was foul as hell. He stuck around for 2.5 seasons and got some money. All that's despite the point. 1st rd lottery to updraft because of a HC who was a piece of đź’© and mad the kid wasn't adhering to his agenda.

Nope.

Vikings: Rookie Antonio Richardson preps for another knee surgery – Twin Cities

Retired after one year

Tiny Richardson Retires After One Year in NFL | Rocky Top Insider

Just bad knees dude.

Davis: Antonio Richardson's knee issues could hurt draft stock

Last edited:
Reactions: escapegoat2
He’s not supposed to be “on the field” but it’s Alabama so....
It is everywhere. Analysts, quality control and special assistants all help out. No one reports and everyone does it.

Had 2 Bama booster tell me what I knew....Butch was given a new title of Special Asst. to the head coach and is not a on field coach and not one of the allotted on field coaches.....Charles Huff is the RB coach and coaches on the field.

Charles Huff - Football Coach - University of Alabama Athletics
Yet Butch is on the field talking to players during the game. Of course it is not on website. Everyone does it. He may not be RB coach in name, but he coaches them. It happens at every school

Last edited:
Playing the victim card isn’t a good look for him. I loved Pig when he was at UT but he’s trying to blame anyone he can that he didn’t make it in the NFL. He wasn’t that good on my view.

Reactions: wmcovol
butch jones is not a good dude, has no business ever running a college football program again. Can’t believe Saban has kept him around this long in Tuscaloosa.
He makes a fine cup of coffee and gives a mean car wash.

Butch was a bad coach and had no business being in Knoxville. Like Dooley, he was a reach of a hire. However, IMO, Pig was not good enough to play in the NFL. Maybe a practice squad guy who eventually could have worked his way on a team.
Dooley's largest margin of victory win at UT was over Butch and Cincinnati. That should have told you something right there.

Butch and Dooley were gambles. I must say Butch looked like a safer bet. His success at Cincy was going to lead to a chance in a major conference. I only wish we had gone a different route, but we had garbage AD and admin leadership and that limited the quality of coach who was coming to Knoxville.
I remember hearing UT did reach out to Cutcliffe after the Kiffen great escape act. What happened there? I could have seen a Cut/Chief reunion, not sure how it would have worked out but could have avoided the 10 yr $hit show that followed. Anyone know the story here or did i dream this up?

Look he has a procedure at UT and actually got an attorney and settled. Look I don't spread rumors for every article you post you realize that ppl hv media narratives. The kid never had any issues and got the knee issue following a simple clean up scope procedure that Elrod here in Nashville and Andrew's both said was not done right. But at the end of the day Butch did what he did and is a 1st class trash POS. All of the stories are why schools aren't trying to hire him. They feel it will be immediately bad press. Check my background history on what I've posted and ask about my credibility on Vol Nation

I remember hearing UT did reach out to Cutcliffe after the Kiffen great escape act. What happened there? I could have seen a Cut/Chief reunion, not sure how it would have worked out but could have avoided the 10 yr $hit show that followed. Anyone know the story here or did i dream this up?

Cut stayed with his stability at Duke. No high expectations and with his age he just wasn't looking to move. On the hiring of Chief he was never coming back and was drawing blood from other schools while getting bludgeoned by spread offenses and running qbs.

Look he has a procedure at UT and actually got an attorney and settled. Look I don't spread rumors for every article you post you realize that ppl hv media narratives. The kid never had any issues and got the knee issue following a simple clean up scope procedure that Elrod here in Nashville and Andrew's both said was not done right. But at the end of the day Butch did what he did and is a 1st class trash POS. All of the stories are why schools aren't trying to hire him. They feel it will be immediately bad press. Check my background history on what I've posted and ask about my credibility on Vol Nation

No rumors to what I posted. Tiny had BAD knees. IF Butch did tell any NFL personnel that Richardson had bad knees then he told them the truth. Not sure I could fault him for that.

If you think Butch's words carry the kind of weight that drops a player completely out the NFL draft then I certainly don't need to check any further on your credibility.

Tiny: "I was," he said in response to a question about whether or not he knew about his knee issues coming out, "But it was one of those things where the issues were going to go on either way. And I wanted to go on and leave where I could get the best doctors and medical treatment. I was able to do that. I've been out here, I haven't had any issues and I'm looking forward to competing."

Richardson says that teams found out during the NFL Combine that he had knee issues, but Scott Carasik indicated that teams were wary of his arthritic knees in January—and felt he may only have a 4-5 year career.

Tiny Richardson's Story May Sound Familiar to MIN

A report from Darren Wolfson describes the issues with Richarson’s knees as “loose bodies/chondral lesions.” I don’t know what that means exactly, but I do know that Antonio Richardson is done playing football for the Vikings this year. Minnesota has placed him on IR and surgery will be the next move.

A pretty major setback for Richardson, but not an unexpected one given his physical struggles. The Vikings took a shot with Richardson knowing it would probably end up this way.

Like Greg Childs, Richardson is a potentially good player whose body simply can’t hold up under the stress of playing football. I doubt we’ll ever see him back on the field.

Vikings Place Antonio Richardson on IR, Surgery Expected

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Dudes a pot head haha

So am I, but I'm also a business-owner, charity-owner, and make 70% of my income by being a stock trader. It's not the pot that held him back, it's his attitude, his lack of discipline, and his inability to own up to and learn from his mistakes.

I'm not saying the pot wasn't a negative, of course it is when you're trying to be a professional athlete. But his problems can hardly be blamed on marijuana, his issues were far deeper than that.

Last edited:
In hindsight i would think it would be a blessing for Jones to not call a team on his behalf. Who would take a Butch Jones recommendation seriously....

Reactions: onevol74
Butch Jones is a con man. He has that car salesman talk game he could sell a ticket to hell to a priest. But had no football knowledge what so ever. Never should he have been coaching in a major P5 school and what's really sad is another major P5 school will hire him simply because he is under saban!
Had me believing after 2 years. Sorry but he has a good first few years turning us around. He just couldn't get us over the hump.

So am I, but I'm also a business-owner, charity-owner, and make 70% of my income by being a stock trader. It's not the pot that held him back, it's his attitude, his lack of discipline, and his inability to own up to and learn from his mistakes.

I'm not saying the pot wasn't a negative, of course it is when you're trying to be a professional athlete. But his problems can hardly be blamed on marijuana, his issues were far deeper than that.

I was simply saying, through my own experiences in hanging out with him, the dude is the stereotypical pot head

Reactions: VolforFootball

VN Store

Back