Pig Howard Tweets about Former Coach

Lol Bray didn’t tank the KY game. He played bad and didn’t want to be there, but it’s not like he lost on purpose. The whole team was done.

I knew a scout team QB who was on the roster then, he said in 2012 the team went to Vanderbilt and were laughing on the way about how bad they were going to beat.

Bray didn’t throw the game, but he and others no longer wanted to play. The same happened in Butch’s regime.

Pathetic.

Why would you give a recommendation for a player that was dismissed from your program? You play in the SEC, there is plenty of tape out there. If you didn't get much of a shot in the NFL, its probably because teams weren't very impressed. If you are talented and in the SEC they will find you. There are plenty more talented players than Howard that didn't make it in the NFL.

Butch was a bad coach and had no business being in Knoxville. Like Dooley, he was a reach of a hire. However, IMO, Pig was not good enough to play in the NFL. Maybe a practice squad guy who eventually could have worked his way on a team.

Reactions: wmcovol
I guess Saban feels like paying Bozo Botch $35,000 to wash his car and walk his dog is worth it. Notice Saban has had major staff turnover since Botch has been there and Saban hasn't offered him a position job. Saban knows the truth.

This has been a favor to Sexton who is the agent to both....On the cheap.
Butch Jones coaches running backs at Bama and UT pays his salary. Their rb coach Is a recruiter. Butch is not washing cars

Butch was a bad coach and had no business being in Knoxville. Like Dooley, he was a reach of a hire. However, IMO, Pig was not good enough to play in the NFL. Maybe a practice squad guy who eventually could have worked his way on a team.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player is on a practice squad and eventually works his way onto a team, doesn't that mean said player is good enough to play in the NFL?

The longer this goes on and the more stories that come out the better he makes Dooley look. He has the emotional stability of a teenage girl.
Can’t make Dooley look better...maybe less garbagey.

Butch and Dooley were gambles. I must say Butch looked like a safer bet. His success at Cincy was going to lead to a chance in a major conference. I only wish we had gone a different route, but we had garbage AD and admin leadership and that limited the quality of coach who was coming to Knoxville.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player is on a practice squad and eventually works his way onto a team, doesn't that mean said player is good enough to play in the NFL?

Many practice squad guys don't make it to the field on Sundays. Maybe he could have worked his way to Sunday, but he wasn't a 53 man roster guy.

Guys like this always blame someone else. It’s never “I just wasn’t good enough”.

Yeah you were, Pig. You weren’t good enough.

Reactions: DWright39
Butch Jones coaches running backs at Bama and UT pays his salary. Their rb coach Is a recruiter. Butch is not washing cars
Had 2 Bama booster tell me what I knew....Butch was given a new title of Special Asst. to the head coach and is not a on field coach and not one of the allotted on field coaches.....Charles Huff is the RB coach and coaches on the field.

Charles Huff - Football Coach - University of Alabama Athletics

Reactions: Joefoxx
Butch and Dooley were gambles. I must say Butch looked like a safer bet. His success at Cincy was going to lead to a chance in a major conference. I only wish we had gone a different route, but we had garbage AD and admin leadership and that limited the quality of coach who was coming to Knoxville.
Thinking back at some of the other coaches under consideration at the time, Matt Campbell at Iowa State sounds like a used car salesman in interviews I've seen with him, program doesn't seem to have much of an upward trajectory, and he uses so many cliches, just like Butch. Jeff Brohm at Purdue seemed like a good candidate at the time, but like Iowa ST., hasn't done much since then. I think Tennessee would probably be in the same condition if either of those guys would have been hired.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I guess Saban feels like paying Bozo Botch $35,000 to wash his car and walk his dog is worth it. Notice Saban has had major staff turnover since Botch has been there and Saban hasn't offered him a position job. Saban knows the truth.

This has been a favor to Sexton who is the agent to both....On the cheap.
I think the deal is that Saban gets to dig at Tennessee by having Butch on staff on the cheap, while Tennessee is still having to pay his salary. Seeing him on the 'bama sidelines during the game is sickening. Is his contract up after this year?

Reactions: savannahfan

He’s not supposed to be “on the field” but it’s Alabama so....

Thinking back at some of the other coaches under consideration at the time, Matt Campbell at Iowa State sounds like a used car salesman in interviews I've seen with him, program doesn't seem to have much of an upward trajectory, and he uses so many cliches, just like Butch. Jeff Brohm at Purdue seemed like a good candidate at the time, but like Iowa ST., hasn't done much since then. I think Tennessee would probably be in the same condition if either of those guys would have been hired.

There's an old saying, "It takes one to know one" and for 15 years no one in the AD's office or certainly upper level management at UT had any "football" experinece. I mean did Mike Hamilton or Dave Hart even play athletics even in High School? Tennessee suffered through the same thing I have seen a number of Corporations go through. Some how it becomes conventional wisdom that you need a "bean counter" or in the case of AD's a "fund raiser" instead of someone who understands the fundementals of what the business does to lead the organization. I have thrown my share of rocks at Fulmer over the years but the dude knows football and knows a real football coach when he sees one. CJP is indeed a real football coach. The open question is he a HFC? Unfortunately you need a bit of PR blood in you to be the face of a major University. And the HFC is the face of the University. It will be our luck to have CJP get us back and then he says something "non PC" and we have to start the merry go round all over again. I mean ESPN really does hate us right? lol

I think the deal is that Saban gets to dig at Tennessee by having Butch on staff on the cheap, while Tennessee is still having to pay his salary. Seeing him on the 'bama sidelines during the game is sickening. Is his contract up after this year?
Last payment in February.

iu

My memory of Howard

Reactions: sierraorange
He was definitely suspended (I think more than once) and eventually dismissed from the team. I would think if he was allowed to participate in Pro Day, then it wouldn't make sense that he was sabotaged by anyone at UT. It's more likely that he broke the rules and had to deal with the consequences and now he wants to look back on it and make excuses. He's probably like a lot of people who refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes and always want to play the victim and blame someone else. And I don't think he ever had a chance at a long term NFL career, even though he seems to think otherwise.

Let me explain something to you all. Butch lil punk ass did this with a lot of guys. So here's one story, remember Tiny Richardson was due to be a 1st rd pick right? Well many don't know what really happened, and I know this to be a fact. So here you go. Tiny was faced with a hard dilemma because his father Lanny was very sick and needed money for meds, etc. Tiny was asked by Butch to stay for his Sr yr. Tiny had to make a family/business decision. Every scout and team gave Tiny a 1st rd grade. Butch upset because he was requesting him to stay for Butch's benefit due to a poor OL projection, goes backdoor and bad mouths Tiny to ppl around the NFL. We started to get questions and agent Eugene Parker likewise. So for a while ppl were interviewing him and the talk was blown off. Tiny goes to Andrew's and has a surgery. Keep in mind nobody knows and this type of surgery is pretty much undetected on MRIs etc. Well they found out and it was later told in a private conversation that the info came from Butch Jones. This is the underlined **** he did to several players and ehy eventually everyone turned in him. Guys were coming back and telling these stories about him telling these ppl bad reports on UT players who went against his plans or likeness. Dude is a pure devil and coward. Buck went up to the school with former players and they were ready to go in on Butch but the school caught wind of it and eventually he was fired. Many don't know the degrees of slimy snake 💩 he did and was capable of doing. Then come to find out a lot of players who were UDFAs were because of bs like this.

VN Store

Back