Alvin Kamara Gets 5 year 77 Million Dollar Extension

Great thing about Kamara for the Saints is he doesn't have prototypical wear and tear for a RB thanks to the blithering idiot with a buzz cut who used to coach for this program.

This is why he has a good chance to be the rare RB that outperforms his second contract. Even with 3 Pro Bowls under his belt already, I believe Alvin's best years are ahead of him. I could see him having a 1,000 yard rushing/1,000 yard receiving season in the near future.

This is why he has a good chance to be the rare RB that outperforms his second contract. Even with 3 Pro Bowls under his belt already, I believe Alvin's best years are ahead of him. I could see him having a 1,000 yard rushing/1,000 yard receiving season in the near future.
Me, too. But, Kamara is the 3rd best back, behind McCaffrey (done got his 1,000/1,000, last year) and Henry. Barkley has to do it again, before I move him up

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Me, too. But, Kamara is the 3rd best back, behind McCaffrey (done got his 1,000/1,000, last year) and Henry. Barkley has to do it again, before I move him up

Barkley is a better, much more versatile back than Henry. Its McCaffrey, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara in the top 4. #5 would be Henry or Dalvin Cook

Barkley is a better, much more versatile back than Henry. Its McCaffrey, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara in the top 4. #5 would be Henry or Dalvin Cook
Cook got paid, today, also. 5 years, 63(?)million, 20+ guaranteed. But, Cook has done it for 2 years, after his injury. Barkley is great and joins this list after next year, I just have a 2+ year rule for my list.

Edit: But, yeah, that would be my top 6, different order

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Cook got paid, today, also. 5 years, 63(?)million, 20+ guaranteed. But, Cook has done it for 2 years, after his injury. Barkley is great and joins this list after next year, I just have a 2+ year rule for my list.

Henry has only had 2 really good years and is VERY limited in the passing game. Henry is the right fit for the Titans and their style but he is far less versatile than the 4 or 5 backs listed.

I think there may be a bit of recency bias too with Henry based on his run last December and January. Great back and fit with Titans but IMO, if I had to pick a back for 2020 hes 5 or 6.

Henry is an old school RB, agreed. But, he can catch, Titans just don't use him that way. Imo, they should throw to him, more. Btw, I am not a Titans fan, Eagles fan, since 1980.

Edit: yes, the other 5 are more versatile

Reactions: kcvols1
Hell, Barkley has been in the League, 2 years. See what weed does to your short-term memory. McCaffrey, Barkley, Henry, Kamara, Zeke, and Cook, in order

Blessing in disguise for him. He needs a workhorse type like Mark Ingram to play off of.

Letting go of Ingram (and saving practically no money by replacing him with Latavius Murray) was one of the biggest mistakes we could make. Ingram wanted to come back so bad too, and that makes it worse.

But so glad about Kamara! He's a legend in NOLA already, walking home from the Superdome every game. Just like Sean Payton said about him during his RoY campaign: "the only one stopping him is me." He may not get the volume of McCaffrey, but hes every bit as valuable and will probably last longer. Probly my favorite Saint of all time, and up there for the Vols

Reactions: ScannerVol
Letting go of Ingram (and saving practically no money by replacing him with Latavius Murray) was one of the biggest mistakes we could make. Ingram wanted to come back so bad too, and that makes it worse.

But so glad about Kamara! He's a legend in NOLA already, walking home from the Superdome every game. Just like Sean Payton said about him during his RoY campaign: "the only one stopping him is me." He may not get the volume of McCaffrey, but hes every bit as valuable and will probably last longer. Probly my favorite Saint of all time, and up there for the Vols
No doubt...he’s an elite weapon. Payton knows not to overdo it with him.

Bad deal for the Saints. Surely it’s front loaded, because there’s no way Kamara will give the production to earn that money in his 7th and 8th years as an nfl running back.

Also, hopefully the nfl’s salary cap will be dropping soon due to their ridiculous political stances. Every team will take a huge revenue hit this crazy year and as television ratings surely continue to drop, how can nfl teams justify paying this kind of money a running back with a shelf life of 3-4 years? Be interesting to see how this all plays out.
There always has to be that one guy.

The Murray kid will probably get enough touches to keep Alvin under 1,000 rushing

OGC.3ddfeafd91ca8dd0076cfa9de1599d29

he so happy & pretty... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think he should get his real teeth Capped with 24 Carat Gold. And Gold Nose Ring too. Good job he can play ball.

Bad deal for the Saints. Surely it’s front loaded, because there’s no way Kamara will give the production to earn that money in his 7th and 8th years as an nfl running back.

Also, hopefully the nfl’s salary cap will be dropping soon due to their ridiculous political stances. Every team will take a huge revenue hit this crazy year and as television ratings surely continue to drop, how can nfl teams justify paying this kind of money a running back with a shelf life of 3-4 years? Be interesting to see how this all plays out.
The 75 million isn't fully guaranteed. The total dollar value of a contract in the NFL is rarely ever fully guaranteed. He'll probably see about 30 to 40 of it

VN Store

Back