'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Hey y’all! I still lurk a good bit. My wife and I are expecting our first kiddo any day now, so priorities have shifted a bit lately. Beyond that, the recruiting world is just weird this year, so I’m getting looped into situations less than before. Most of the class is already set, and the remaining big fish seem to be playing it really close to the vest. Alas, I’m just enjoying the show like everyone else. Beyond pumped to watch some football later this month tho! GBO.
Enjoy the younger years. You’ll need something to remind you why you love ‘em in their teens

I haven't been a dad super long, but if I've got any advice for y'all, it's this:

Give love and kindness and patience. You and (especially) your child's mother are your kid's entire world and all they know. You are all they have in this big, scary world. Be patient. It's easy to get frustrated when you're sleep deprived, and your entire life you've known for however many years or decades has changed. It's never going to be the way it was again. Own it and love it. I tell myself this from time to time, so I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means. Just some good advice.

Also, the head coach I work with said something that has stuck with me: isn't amazing how much we love our kids more and more every day? Just imagine that's how much God loves us, and even more. Having children has made me feel God's love that much more, and maybe even get close to understanding it.

I haven't been a dad super long, but if I've got any advice for y'all, it's this:

Give love and kindness and patience. You and (especially) your child's mother are your kid's entire world and all they know. You are all they have in this big, scary world. Be patient. It's easy to get frustrated when you're sleep deprived, and your entire life you've known for however many years or decades has changed. It's never going to be the way it was again. Own it and love it. I tell myself this from time to time, so I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means. Just some good advice.

Also, the head coach I work with said something that has stuck with me: isn't amazing how much we love our kids more and more every day? Just imagine that's how much God loves us, and even more. Having children has made me feel God's love that much more, and maybe even get close to understanding it.
Great post young man.

No...Newman was the clear starter...and then decided to protect his Pro Stock. Why would he go Pro if he had just been beaten out by a transfer???
Theory is he was protecting his pro stock by quitting because he saw Kirbs was going to go with the other QB he went after after convincing him to come to GA with no competition.

Co-sign.

After having 4 biological kids, and then adopting 1 from another country when he was 9 years old, I can't echo how important the early formative years are for your kids as they grow up and go toward adulthood. Enjoy fatherhood. It is an amazing blessing and privilege!

Theory is he was protecting his pro stock by quitting because he saw Kirbs was going to go with the other QB he went after after convincing him to come to GA with no competition.
It's possible. He did go with Frohm over Justin Fields. But Newman is a far superior QB. Glad we don't have to face him. Daniel's is surprisingly average for his former 5-Star ranking.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Just not a female football player. wait, there are some of those.
We'll see what happens. I'm more interested in teaching him about asset management and the pathways to use credit. Start as early as you can... and if he wants to play football I will steer him toward QB.

Reactions: SmokinBob
We'll see what happens. I'm more interested in teaching him about asset management and the pathways to use credit. Start as early as you can... and if he wants to play football I will steer him toward QB.
Well, that took forever, but..... Congrats on the little man!

Just not a female football player. Wait, there are some of those.

Hopefully he will be Pruitts Class of 2038 Stud Quarterback!
And speaking of female football players.. I played against a girl from Pickett County in high school.. meaner than a snake. Gave my skinny a$$ my first concussion as a freshman. Won't ever live that down with my daddy either lol

VN Store

Back