Which one of our 3 star commits could pickup their 4th star in this recruiting cycle?

We are basically signing an army of 6'4" *TE type bodies - what the h*ll is the plan if we keep all these guys

1. Wolfe - Blocking TE
2. Campbell - Pass Catching TE
3. Taylor - I thought once we signed Campbell he would flip but maybe not
4. Nixon - WR but could out grow the position
5. Bell - DE most likely
6. Marley - WR?

I’m betting Marley is a Safety, Taylor and Nixon are WRs, Bell is a DL, and the first 2 are TEs.

You absolutely didn't get the point of my statement. They've both been dropped since they committed without any camps, or one snap of football being played. Why are we worried about this?

Recruiting services ratings are “a” barometer of a player’s potential ability at the next level (remember except for JOCO's and transfers these guys are 17-18 YO HS players) However, IMHO his offer list is a better indicator of how good he is. I look at how firm those offers are and how hard the bigger schools are chasing a guy. If Bama, Georgia, LSU, and OSU or OU are all in on a guy that's a 3 star then he's a player. Conversely, if a guy’s a RS 4 star but his offer list is second level ACC schools (Syracuse, Louisville, Georgia Tech, etc.) and Sunbelt schools then there’s an issue. May not be talent, could be grades, work ethic, psychological, emotional, whatever. Bottom line, coaches are better evaluators than the guys at the services.

Recruiting services ratings are “a” barometer of a player’s potential ability at the next level (remember except for JOCO's and transfers these guys are 17-18 YO HS players) However, IMHO his offer list is a better indicator of how good he is. I look at how firm those offers are and how hard the bigger schools are chasing a guy. If Bama, Georgia, LSU, and OSU or OU are all in on a guy that's a 3 star then he's a player. Conversely, if a guy’s a RS 4 star but his offer list is second level ACC schools (Syracuse, Louisville, Georgia Tech, etc.) and Sunbelt schools then there’s an issue. May not be talent, could be grades, work ethic, psychological, emotional, whatever. Bottom line, coaches are better evaluators than the guys at the services.
Todya, football ratings ae based on a lot of diffrent things than they were year ago. Biggest change is , the raters rate players who come to their camps their camps Then they adjust depending on what who the top ranked teams are recruiting. They also rerank players during the football season. Some seem to change rankings just for the hell of it.

This is definitely where I am at. After listening to the kid from Catholic that committed to Clemson last year's father talk about the ratings, and a friend that asked Tee about it, it's more politics than assessing with these recruiting services.

The only way our commits ever gain stars is if they flip to the Gumps.

Reactions: VolDC

VN Store

Back