'21 AL OL Rod Orr (Free Shoes U commit)

Could, but accident means there was clearly no intent. There was not a choice made to do something wrong.

And again, this is all speculation, as far as I know. I'm guessing the coaches know far more than we do.
And please don’t take my comment as a personal attack. That’s for everyone to read and apply to their attitude. I just want us all to be cool to each other.

Reactions: escapegoat2
I think sometimes you go full blown offended when someone is only trying to discuss something with you, if you want me to be honest. Chill out a little, buddy. It’s all good. At least it’s not something we’re involved in directly. I hate it for the kid, truly. That young man that was accidentally killed, his family needs our prayers. Yet again in another thread we can’t see past our noses with our first world problems. Got people out here losing their children and we’re in here bit*hing at one another. Smh.
Yeah, that post wasn't direct towards you, it just happened to fall after you posted. It was directed toward those who seem to think an accidental action is worse than a chosen action. The outcome may be worse, but any action made of choice trumps an accident IMO. IF Orr is indeed involved in an accidental shooting, that doesn't make him a bad kid. It just means he fell victim to a horrible circumstance. He didn't choose to do something wrong so it does not speak to his character.

Yeah, that post wasn't direct towards you, it just happened to fall after you posted. It was directed toward those who seem to think an accidental action is worse than a chosen action. The outcome may be worse, but any action made of choice trumps an accident IMO. IF Orr is indeed involved in an accidental shooting, that doesn't make him a bad kid. It just means he fell victim to a horrible circumstance. He didn't choose to do something wrong so it does not speak to his character.
I agree wholeheartedly, brother. I hope it doesn’t end up ruining this young man’s life going forward. It’s bad enough that another was taken. Hate hearing things like this especially young kids

The question comes down to negligence imo. You can do something by accident, but if you're being reckless or negligent, the law may not agree it is minor.

In his case specifically, our staff has clearly spoken with him and likely the police. They are comfortable with it, so LFG.

Yeah... Went from he is getting time for an accident to homicide.
I never mentioned a name. I said shooter. You assumed.
An accidental death caused by someone else is homicide.
The District Attorney will determine the level of prosecution, if any.
Any time a gun is involved in a death it is very serious and usually results in prison.

I never mentioned a name. I said shooter. You assumed.
An accidental death caused by someone else is homicide.
The District Attorney will determine the level of prosecution, if any.
Any time a gun is involved in a death it is very serious and usually results in prison.
Probably a good idea for us to quit assuming. We don't know. The coaches do and appear to still be recruiting him.

Staying on the offensive line, Rod Orr has taken a step back after being involved in an off the field tragedy that saw one of his friends pass right in front of him. Tennessee continues to be there for him with the Vols and Ole Miss at the top.
-VQ

Reactions: T Dog
No thanks. Damaged goods, and not being mean here. Best of luck young man, but killing another is unacceptable. Regardless how it unfolded. Jmo

Where is there any proof he was the one who accidentally shot the gun? Or are y’all just speculating?

Reactions: butchna
No excerpt ever said he was the one who pulled the trigger or that he was even involved, but that he was close to and a witness to an accidental death via shooting. All y’all blaming and condemning him without knowing that to be true should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. We’ll know what happened eventually. Stop spreading ******** rumors involving a very serious accusation.

VN Store

Back