Tennessean: Harrison Bailey participates in Tennessee football practice after being out last week

Rumor has it that Harrison Bailey made Al Wilson cry.

UnitedPhonyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

blasphemy-gif-3_570160_1.gif

(bigfredtn, you made me laugh ... I'm just picking at you a little.)

This year doesnt count towards eligibility so if he is going to be a freshman next year reguardless they might as well play him. Honestly this season is kinda shot anyway so i would play all of my young guys in hopes of having a breakout 2021 season. Its basically 10 glorified scrimmages.

I agree totally, play the younger qb to start the season, let him get a whole years of experience.

I agree totally, play the younger qb to start the season, let him get a whole years of experience.

No. USCe is a must-win game just to set the 2020 over/under at 5-5. Good as he may be, great as he may get, there's no way HB is in "SEC-shape" at this point. Find our best out of the QB's with 2019 under their belt, even if...(sigh)...it's JG, and there's your starter for the USCe game. Who knows, maybe JG has finally made the great leap we've been hoping for. But in any event, you don't roll HB out against a Muschamp defense, on the road, in the first game of his UT career.

Do this right. Roll out a serviceable QB; a solid run game (OL should be good); and a tough defense. The 2020 season will have an asterisk beside it no matter what. Don't take a chance on wasting the debut, and risking the future, of what may prove to be the best QB that UT has had in a long while.

Go Vols.

Reactions: OldVolMan

I think you pretty much have to start JG BUT the minute he falters, this is pretty much a burned season anyway, get the 5 star frosh in and let him learn the ropes and be ready for next season.

What makes you say that, Orange?

Honestly asking, don't intend any aggression in that. I've seen other folks say the same thing, but can't figure out what it means.

Is it because the B10 and PAC aren't playing? Because without Ohio State or USC there's no chance we'll have the 4 best teams in the CFP? Or something to do with the AP and Coaches' polls?

Honest question, please explain. Thanks!

p.s. And what about the SEC championship? Won't that still be as significant as any other year? Or why not?
Its bc we playing an all conference schedule. Its highly unlikely that we win the SEC outright this year when we gotta play the top 2 east teams and 3 of the top 4 west teams tbh. On top of that its no guarantee that we even play all 10 games. I didnt even take the big10 or Pac12 into consideration. I just know we are not currently a national title contender, we got 1 of the hardest schedules out, may or may not play in front of any fans, & dnt know if we will get to play all 10 games. U add to the fact that the season doesnt count towards eligibility and that makes this season basically a development year. I know we should still try to win every game next year and im not disputing that with anyone. At the same time if we can get these younger guys development to another level we should take advantage considering 80% of the team will be back in 2021.

No. USCe is a must-win game just to set the 2020 over/under at 5-5. Good as he may be, great as he may get, there's no way HB is in "SEC-shape" at this point. Find our best out of the QB's with 2019 under their belt, even if...(sigh)...it's JG, and there's your starter for the USCe game. Who knows, maybe JG has finally made the great leap we've been hoping for. But in any event, you don't roll HB out against a Muschamp defense, on the road, in the first game of his UT career.

Do this right. Roll out a serviceable QB; a solid run game (OL should be good); and a tough defense. The 2020 season will have an asterisk beside it no matter what. Don't take a chance on wasting the debut, and risking the future, of what may prove to be the best QB that UT has had in a long while.

Go Vols.
The serviceable Qb for game one is a big stretch if we are talking JG.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Go Vols.
Roll with our Ace JG. He's the #1 rn.

Tell that to recruits who are trying to decide between us and one of our rivals who have been winning 10 + games and championships . We need to win this season, and we need to win some big ones.
Another problem with starting HB is JG might decide to come back NEXT year to redeem himself.

You’re missing it, son. You don’t sacrifice WINS to groom somebody. This ain’t the NFL.
U do when u have nothing to play for SON. U would rather attempt to beat USCjr instead of moving on from a guy that may lose to them anyway?? What kinda sense does that make?U keep bringing up the NFL but this has nothing to do with the NFL. U dnt even know how many games we will play so this aint a typical season SON. The fact that the whole team can return next year gives u a mulligan this year so u should get all of your younger guys ready for the future. Suppose we only get through 4-6 games this year. By your logic we wouldnt have gotten any young guys ready to play. Please dnt ever go into coaching.

Reactions: 1vol8
Tell that to recruits who are trying to decide between us and one of our rivals who have been winning 10 + games and championships . We need to win this season, and we need to win some big ones.
What are u talking about?? We got a top 5 recruiting class rn after coming off a 8-5 season. We had a top 10 class last year after a 5-7 record. We aint won 10 games in over a decade yet we still roll in top 25 classes every year stop it. That means the kids aint worried about what u did before they got there.

VN Store

Back