Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why it's so difficult for the players to just avoid parties/ bars for the moment
Because they are 18 - 22 year kids that want to chase ladies and have a good time. We as fans sometimes forget that. Most of us would like them to be robotic. Football, school, eat , workout, sleep.Rinse repeat every day.I ask myself that every time one of them get in trouble.Its hard but they are human and are young kids. Most of us would be the same way.

i think coaching played a roll in both qb's career. for JG it's been soooo inconsistent...he's a rs senior and this is the first year he's had the same OC and QB coach.....that's worth something in his development or lack there of....how much? dunno....

as for Dobbs, he had a GA as his QB coach and he really never was a very accurate thrower of the football. and he had multiple OC's while here as well.... Dobbs' best attribute as a qb was the ability to turn lemons in to lemonade with his legs. if he doesn't have that ability, i think you're looking at Dobbs and JG beeing mirror images of one another.

not sure why everything is an either/or, or has to be an absolute in these discussions.....imo, Dobbs goes down as memorable despite the issues with the staff and his overall development as a passer. JG has one more shot....hope he takes advantage.

but the only thing consistent about QB production at TEnnessee the past 5 years has been inconsistency....at the position, at coaching, at development.....
His first two seasons, Dobbs had Bazakian as his QB coach...who’s logged various stints at NFL QB coach on his overall resume. Dobbs got better every season as a passer but never reached elite status...and hasn’t advanced in the pros. What we glimpsed out of Dobbs may have been the best he had to offer.

Because they are 18 - 22 year kids that want to chase ladies and have a good time. We as fans sometimes forget that. Most of us would like them to be robotic. Football, school, eat , workout, sleep.Rinse repeat every day.I ask myself that every time one of them get in trouble.Its hard but they are human and are young kids. Most of us would be the same way.
This 💯. Idk what’s so hard for some people to understand this? Were they not once 18-22?

Yeah man, I’ve been doing it all my life

View attachment 302428

Not attending and not being invited are not the same thing.
giphy.gif

If Gibbs is out it’s not because our freshmen are so talented. He must have got the Covid or done something really bad.
I did not say this as nicely yesterday, but until the facts come out, I think that speculation like this is unfair to the player. Plenty of time do be critical later as needed when more facts are known.

Lol, how does this guy still have a job? Bruce Pearl was a Saint compared to this scum! And where's the AD and school Chancellor on this?

They apparently felt like they didn't have enough to fire him "for cause." Also, I believe the LSU AD is Mark Emert's son in law.

Bob_Vols saying Gibbs thing is covid-related. Swan said there were 3 others maybe breaking protocol and 1 was important. Bob said it's an OL. Said it will all be addressed today...Pruitt not messing around with these protocols.

Chancellor Plowman has publicly said that students have to follow the code of conduct, and it was reported that 4 students are subject to discipline. I wonder if they were football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back